Bistro on 5 on Solstice

yun2

Hi,

As I am reading all the reviews and trip reports, I am getting a little confused on exactly what Bistro on 5 is. I understand there is or was a transition from being a crepe place to a sushi place? Am I right?

We will be on Solstice in June. Can someone clarify exactly what Bistro on 5 is right now on Solstice? Are they available for lunch and/or dinner? And what the charge is?

Thank you in advance!

Got off the Solstice the end of March. Bistro on 5 is serving crepes, soup, a couple of sandwiches and a daily special (Mac & cheese, beef stroganoff, chicken pie) I can't recall all 7. Price is $10 per person. It is open 11am to 11pm.

We tried the Beef Stroganoff-not very good.

Bistro-5 food is not so special to me but it is identified as a less crowded place on boarding day to hangout before cabins become available while Deck 10 buffet is mob scene of eaters/those waiting. Good Luck

Food provided as stated above, good for an alternative lunch and one way to avoid the buffet! There are three courses available although most people will often just have one option.

We have used it once of twice on a couple of ships and always found the service quite slow, choices limited...

The only time I really think it is worth using as a dining venue is if you come back to the ship post excursion late afternoon and are too hungry or tired to wait/dress for an evening meal!!

Not sure of the schedule or decision to roll out Sushi on 5 fleetwide. We've used Bistro on 5 for embarkation day lunch and a few times throughout each cruise for a late lunch, sometime on a port day. We've quite enjoyed earring there. Found it always quiet, never full and the staff have been for the most part super accommodating. Won't be using it of it turns into a sushi place though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were on an Alaska cruise last year. We had a good deal of OBC and found we loved eating at the Bistro on 5. We are there on our first day and the staff seemed to remember us each time we returned and greeted us like old friends. We ate lunch there at least four time during our trip. Food was great, as was service. Would highly recommend the spot as it was. Now if they switch it up as suggested, we will have to find a new lunch spot.

Just got off Solstice on Friday, still Bistro on 5.

Service is quite slow but we did say we were in a bit of a hurry as we did this as a late lunch before going ashore in Victoria.

As another poster said it is also a good option in embarkation day to avoid long lines and limited seating in Oceanview Cave.

I really enjoyed Bistro on 5 last month.... they offered those on B2B 4 meals for $20 so half price. Really appreciated dining somewhere quiet.

DSCN8376.jpg

Looks the same as did Relfection menu back in 2014 when we did the Bistro for boarding day lunch....back then it only cost us $5 a piece and we liked it. Don't think we go for $10 now though.

• 2 weeks later...
Also got off Solstice 0n Friday 27 May. It looked empty

every yime I went by.

We were on this sailing and we were in Bistro on 5 every single day, without exception - so peaceful in there - and no buffet nightmare to contend with. Actually the last sea day it was pretty hectic they were turning folks away.

The French Onion Soup - I'd eat it all day long!

My favourites were the Short Rib - yummy!

Hubby liked the chicken pot pie - the crepes I liked the hot and spicy one and asked for a side of soured cream (or crème fraiche as we say) on the side - never a problem.

Just so worth that daily cover charge to dine in lovely tranquility - saw whales, dolphins and seals from here - just perfect.

We were paranoid about the buffet after our Equinox experience last October - so many germs around - Bistro on 5 is fab -

LOVED IT! PLEASE do not change this Celebrity!!!!

We are platinum on X. Went to Bistro on 5 once didn't care for the food. Found it too heavy for lunch. We were on Reflection in March. The menu in sushi on five was creative and very tasty. There are other things like noodle bowls and hot pots that do not use raw fish. All the food was excellent as was the service. We had lunch there an all the sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on this sailing and we were in Bistro on 5 every single day, without exception - so peaceful in there - and no buffet nightmare to contend with. Actually the last sea day it was pretty hectic they were turning folks away.

The French Onion Soup - I'd eat it all day long!

My favourites were the Short Rib - yummy!

Hubby liked the chicken pot pie - the crepes I liked the hot and spicy one and asked for a side of soured cream (or crème fraiche as we say) on the side - never a problem.

Just so worth that daily cover charge to dine in lovely tranquility - saw whales, dolphins and seals from here - just perfect.

We were paranoid about the buffet after our Equinox experience last October - so many germs around - Bistro on 5 is fab -

LOVED IT! PLEASE do not change this Celebrity!!!!

Solstice is due for changing to sushi on 1st July. X have confirmed it's happening fleet wide and have posted the dates on the thread titled, 'Sushi Bar Fleet Wide' ;).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2358473&page=3

Edited by villauk

Solstice is due for changing to sushi on 1st July. X have confirmed it's happening fleet wide and have posted the dates on the thread titled, 'Sushi Bar Fleet Wide' ;).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2358473&page=3

Ah well - our next three cruises are booked with NCL - perhaps by the time we sail X again it will be on Project Edge and there will be more choice. I wont go back to suites again - as we get older we will cruise more and a SPA cabin is our choice - downside is (especially on Celebrity) no place to have a nice quiet non buffet lunch. MANY cruiselines offer MDR every day not just on sea days.

I don't care for Sushi - hate seaweed - God knows I see enough of the stuff to last a lifetime....

Shame about B on 5 though - I don't think making it Sushi will make an iota of difference - its the 10$ charge that everyone walks away from ... we seen SO many - poor guy repeating over and over "its 10$"...

They wont pay -....

Ah well - our next three cruises are booked with NCL - perhaps by the time we sail X again it will be on Project Edge and there will be more choice. I wont go back to suites again - as we get older we will cruise more and a SPA cabin is our choice - downside is (especially on Celebrity) no place to have a nice quiet non buffet lunch. MANY cruiselines offer MDR every day not just on sea days.

I don't care for Sushi - hate seaweed - God knows I see enough of the stuff to last a lifetime....

Shame about B on 5 though - I don't think making it Sushi will make an iota of difference - its the 10$ charge that everyone walks away from ... we seen SO many - poor guy repeating over and over "its 10$"...

They wont pay -....

We also won't visit it as a sushi bar. The only consolation we have is that Connie doesn't change until after we've sailed on her this summer :). Glad I started the other thread though, at least X responded and now everyone knows which ship is changing and when ;).

They wont pay -....

Sushi on 5 is a la carte, with some things even more than $10.

We also won't visit it as a sushi bar. The only consolation we have is that Connie doesn't change until after we've sailed on her this summer :). Glad I started the other thread though, at least X responded and now everyone knows which ship is changing and when ;).

Sushi on 5 is a la carte, with some things even more than $10.

Can't help but think Celebrity are going to end up with one particular dish -

Its called "Egg on their Face" :p