Balcony Smokers on Allure

The US government has not banned smoking in public places in the US. Some states have, and some cities have, but not the federal government.

Thank you! I was waiting on someone to correct her nonsense. The US Govt has absolutely no factor in what a cruise ship decides as policy.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

The US government has not banned smoking in public places in the US. Some states have, and some cities have, but not the federal government.

The US forest service has banned smoking in some parks and the US government has banned smoking on some federal facilities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I was waiting on someone to correct her nonsense. The US Govt has absolutely no factor in what a cruise ship decides as policy.

Please tell the US Coast Guard that the requirement for muster drill on cruise ships before setting sail was illegal.

The US forest service has banned smoking in some parks and the US government has banned smoking on some federal facilities.

It's banned inside all Federal Buildings and smoking areas near them are away from entrances and very limited. I've worked in Federal buildings for years and the number of smokers has plummeted. The few I've known over the last 20 years are just about all gone now. When I worked in Federal bldgs in the 70's, smoking was allowed in the office. That wasn't fun at all. Currently, no one I work with smokes and it's been that way for several years.

Remember, the US Capitol, White House, etc all come under Federal purview, so it's correct to say the Federal Gov HAS banned smoking.

It's banned inside all Federal Buildings and smoking areas near them are away from entrances and very limited. I've worked in Federal buildings for years and the number of smokers has plummeted. The few I've known over the last 20 years are just about all gone now. When I worked in Federal bldgs in the 70's, smoking was allowed in the office. That wasn't fun at all. Currently, no one I work with smokes and it's been that way for several years.

Remember, the US Capitol, White House, etc all come under Federal purview, so it's correct to say the Federal Gov HAS banned smoking.

Thank you. It's refreshing to see another person with the correct information.

When in US ports it must comply with US law.

Good God. What? You think that the Allure is going to port at a US Naval Base? Please allow me to introduce you to 'Google'. It's your new friend and can help you learn quite a lot about many subjects including US Maritine laws.

I seriously hope you are only trolling these threads.

Keep believing this and it'll come true.

Sitting on my balcony on the Liberty of the Seas, we are docked next to the Allure in Cozumel, so far have witnessed five cabins where they are smoking on the balconies.

Carla

Good reporting.:eek:

We now have over 400 posts on smoking.:rolleyes:

About time we had some posts on smoking on CC.:rolleyes:

I had cigarettes on the Anthem back in March on the balcony...something I quit three weeks before, until they called me at the bars, the cigarettes (if you want to call that quitting, but this addiction runs strong with me, not proud of it), but I took into account the others passengers, only late nights (12am-3am, yeah couldn't stay up later than that, my job screwed me up).

Edited by skycomb

Please tell the US Coast Guard that the requirement for muster drill on cruise ships before setting sail was illegal.

US CG has no oversight of the muster drill. It is under International Maritime Law for Safety Of Life At Sea or SOLAS.