2016 Norwegian Drink and Cocktail Prices

Smitty74

My wife and I are really looking forward to our first NCL cruise on the Epic in November and we signed up for the free Ultimate Beverage promotion and Excursion credit promotion going on now. Great deal! Many thanks to TheDugOut and others for the beverage pics.

It is a bit surprising that there isn't a single IPA or craft beer present on the list? Maybe they will add a few by then? Surprised to not even see an In-Bev owned Goose Island IPA? As far as beer goes, is that universal for the whole ship or do some of the individual bars have alternative choices?

Not a huge deal, we can certainly try our share of cocktails and wines to keep us occupied, but a craft beer or two would be even better!

I second this request

Any one know what the going rate is for the single malts that state 'ask for price'?

Cheers!!!

Was on the Epic in February, if I remember correctly, the 4 you see in the photo are all included at $15 or less, I know that J Walker Gold was $17.95 because I bought my cousin a few shots for his birthday, only had to pay $2.95 + 18% I think J Walker was about $23-$25 a shot, there is a great selection at the $15 level. If your having a cocktail that is Whiskey based you can get it made with a single malt for a smoother taste, won't push you over the $15 mark, same with upgrading vodka in the cocktails. Enjoy.

My wife and I are really looking forward to our first NCL cruise on the Epic in November and we signed up for the free Ultimate Beverage promotion and Excursion credit promotion going on now. Great deal! Many thanks to TheDugOut and others for the beverage pics.

It is a bit surprising that there isn't a single IPA or craft beer present on the list? Maybe they will add a few by then? Surprised to not even see an In-Bev owned Goose Island IPA? As far as beer goes, is that universal for the whole ship or do some of the individual bars have alternative choices?

Not a huge deal, we can certainly try our share of cocktails and wines to keep us occupied, but a craft beer or two would be even better!

The problem would probably be that craft beers and similar are not popular enough to stock in anything but bottled form. I am just guessing, but I would imagine that there could be too many instances of them passing their best before barrels are empty. For my own part, I will seek out craft beers ashore if I have time and opportunity. I truly hope to track some down and enjoy them...at reasonable prices. :)

The problem would probably be that craft beers and similar are not popular enough to stock in anything but bottled form. I am just guessing, but I would imagine that there could be too many instances of them passing their best before barrels are empty. For my own part, I will seek out craft beers ashore if I have time and opportunity. I truly hope to track some down and enjoy them...at reasonable prices. :)

We did that on the Dawn on our honeymoon and we discovered some really delicious local brews while we were in port. It was fun to try to find things we hadn't had before.

I would find that very difficult to believe that small pony kegs of craft beer would expire on a packed cruise ship. Craft beers are madly popular. If we can move 20 craft beers in a small beer bar before they expire, I don't think NCL has a problem.

I am not sure but isn"t the menu posted in this thread out dated? I believe all of the super premium spirits are now $16.95 and all of the Ultra premium spirits are at a new not yet undetermined price point making all of them an additional fee over the $15 drinks included in the UBP. Can anyone onboard or just off the ship able to confirm this?

I am not sure but isn"t the menu posted in this thread out dated? I believe all of the super premium spirits are now $16.95 and all of the Ultra premium spirits are at a new not yet undetermined price point making all of them an additional fee over the $15 drinks included in the UBP. Can anyone onboard or just off the ship able to confirm this?

Yes - the menus posted on page 1 are now outdated. Someone recently posted updated menus, found here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50671317&postcount=12

In another thread on the forum someone is stating that all super premium beverages are not included in UBP so you'd have to pay the full $16.95 +18%, and not the difference over $15.

Any info or confirmation one way or the other?

I am aware that the UBP T&C always made mention of the exclusion of designated super premium liqours, but when the super premium category was $10.95 a drink, they were included in the package.

• 3 months later...

Probably a stupid question......it's nice to see the prices on that menu on page one of this thread, but I wonder what the costs are for say, a martini, which typically is made with more than one shot of gin? Mine are 3 ounce gin to 1 of vermouth, for instance.

So I am concerned that with my UBP I will have a martini made with 1 shot of gin (!), or will my cost be 3 times what is shown if I have a cocktail made with more than one shot? The menu shows many cocktails, but I did not see a martini there.

Probably a stupid question......it's nice to see the prices on that menu on page one of this thread, but I wonder what the costs are for say, a martini, which typically is made with more than one shot of gin? Mine are 3 ounce gin to 1 of vermouth, for instance.

So I am concerned that with my UBP I will have a martini made with 1 shot of gin (!), or will my cost be 3 times what is shown if I have a cocktail made with more than one shot? The menu shows many cocktails, but I did not see a martini there.

I just got off the Breakaway this Sunday. I created a thread with pictures of the menus and all the drinks I tried. I'm not sure whether or not they charge more for multiple shots, but many of the martinis I ordered were decently strong. If there is an extra charge, you will only pay the cost above and beyond $15 plus the gratuity for that extra cost. Not sure if this helps, but maybe an upcoming cruiser can ask while on board and report back?

NCL Breakaway Drinks and menus!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2425335

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

..... I'm not sure whether or not they charge more for multiple shots, but many of the martinis I ordered were decently strong. .....

Thanks for the reply and your link. I'm betting that a regular/traditional gin/vodka martini served up, with olive will be covered with the UBP at no addition charge, but thought I'd check around a bit.......

Thanks for the reply and your link. I'm betting that a regular/traditional gin/vodka martini served up, with olive will be covered with the UBP at no addition charge, but thought I'd check around a bit.......

It's a good question, and I'm also interested in the answer. You could look for a roll call thread for the 11/20, 11/27, or 12/11 Breakaway cruises. If one of the 11/20 passengers has internet access, they might be able to ask and get back to you. Otherwise, a 11/27 or 12/11 passenger may be able to ask on their cruise and report back.

The Martini glasses are your standard size, not small by any means and they fill them up. You don't be charged for a double. A few of the bartenders measure, but most of them freepour.

The Martini glasses are your standard size, not small by any means and they fill them up. You don't be charged for a double. A few of the bartenders measure, but most of them freepour.

Well, I do appreciate the "free pour", but one must carefully measure the ingredients for a proper martini! ;)

Thanks for the reply, that's what I wanted to hear.:cool:

Thanks for all the info.

It looks like the wines by the glass list has been slashed from the one on NCL's website (published in 2015 but apparently still current)

This is a bit disappointing - I wonder if it's something to do with the UBP?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks TheDougOut For the pics, very helpful. :)

New Years Eve on NCL Jade 2017!

With an UBP, wohoo!

Careful, SailorDude - those photos on the first page contain outdated prices from 4/2016. I believe the thread contains photos of updated pricing somewhere along the way.

Yes - the menus posted on page 1 are now outdated. Someone recently posted updated menus, found here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50671317&postcount=12

I do not see Makers Mark or Knob Creek on here. I hope they did not remove them. I only consider those premium Like Crown or Jack.