2016 Norwegian Drink and Cocktail Prices

Smitty74

I like robust reds and there are NO longer any available on the drinks package. This severely reduces the value of the package. I will no look at booking with NCL for my next cruise.

I'm disappointed. I like the robust reds too. I researched the available by the glass crap and I already know I won't like it.

I'm bringing a couple bottles. [emoji485]

Good luck! On the Escape you could find a nice selection of higher priced wines at the Mondavi bar...like $30+. The kicker? You couldn't use the $15 credit for the UBP. Same was true for the only "real" champagne by the glass: Veuve Clicquot. It was available on special for about $22 or $23 a glass with no UBP credit.

IMO, the Mondavi "experience" will not last long term.

If I remember correctly, out of the 100 or so wines available by the glass at the wine bar on the Escape, only 3 or so were above the $15 limit. It always seemed to be empty at the start of our cruise, but by the middle it was hard to find an open table there. None of us had complaints with the selection.

Try Bulluit! It's fabulous, and IMHO better than Makers.

Thanks mollybloomers!!! I am always open to trying something new..I am so excited to try it now!!!

Edited by breezy270

Under the UBP, do the bartenders log electronically in one's account every drink they serve? Like in the statements, will I see the drinks I consumed with $0 charge? Thanks in advance. :cool:

I may be wrong on this but....If I remember correctly you should be able to see the drinks as you use your card to purchase them...I believe we could see them on the stateroom account you can access on the TV. I do not remember if you could see what you purchased each day for drinks through UBP and all the drinks purchased stayed on the account for the entire cruise...for some reason I do not think it showed how many we purchased through the entire cruise...each drink did show as being no charge unless we left a tip.

However, when it came to the final bill they give you on the last night/day of disembarkation there was no list of how many drinks had been purchased through UBP.

I really wanted to know how many I had consumed...I know it was a lot...In the past on carnival it was on the final bill...I had an idea of exactly how much I drank/spent on booze to prepare for my next cruise....

Maybe if you ask they can do that for you at guest services....I hope this helps.

Edited by breezy270

I may be wrong on this but....If I remember correctly you should be able to see the drinks as you use your card to purchase them...I believe we could see them on the stateroom account you can access on the TV. I do not remember if you could see what you purchased each day for drinks through UBP and all the drinks purchased stayed on the account for the entire cruise...for some reason I do not think it showed how many we purchased through the entire cruise...each drink did show as being no charge unless we left a tip.

However, when it came to the final bill they give you on the last night/day of disembarkation there was no list of how many drinks had been purchased through UBP.

I really wanted to know how many I had consumed...I know it was a lot...In the past on carnival it was on the final bill...I had an idea of exactly how much I drank/spent on booze to prepare for my next cruise....

Maybe if you ask they can do that for you at guest services....I hope this helps.

Thank you very much my friend. Now I have an idea of what to expect. Yeah, it'd be nice to know at the end how much was consumed under UBP. Once again, thanks for responding to my inquiry. :cool:

Am I right in thinking that it is $15 per drink?

I am travelling on Spirit in July with my parents - and they have the UBP and I don't.

So if we got 3 drinks all under $15 using their cards - then we wouldn't pay?

I do not see Maker's Mark on the list anymore....:( It is my choice when drinking a manhattan ....looks like I need to pick a new replacement!

One of our local bars makes a Manhattan with Woodford Reserve and I love it. After perusing the list, I know that's going to be my nightcap on the Epic in 2 weeks.

Am I right in thinking that it is $15 per drink?

I am travelling on Spirit in July with my parents - and they have the UBP and I don't.

So if we got 3 drinks all under $15 using their cards - then we wouldn't pay?

You would not pay for two of the drinks under $15 - the third is chargeable at full price (the drinks package is not shareable).

Did not see Bloody Mary's! Margaritas or sangria on list. Are they available and under the $15 limit

No worries! Those drink lists just show the fruity/tropical stuff. All of the bartenders are more than happy to make any standard cocktail, from Bloody Marys to Manhattans to Old Fashioneds to a simple 7&7 or gin and tonic. As long as the liquor in the drink (like the vodka in your Bloody Mary) is under $15, then the drink will be included in the UBP.

No worries! Those drink lists just show the fruity/tropical stuff. All of the bartenders are more than happy to make any standard cocktail, from Bloody Marys to Manhattans to Old Fashioneds to a simple 7&7 or gin and tonic. As long as the liquor in the drink (like the vodka in your Bloody Mary) is under $15, then the drink will be included in the UBP.

Yes, but if you don't like fruity drinks and drink mostly wine, the wine choices on the beverage packages stink.

Yes, but if you don't like fruity drinks and drink mostly wine, the wine choices on the beverage packages stink.

Yes, they really do. NCL's wine list has never been particularly fantastic, but at least they had variety even within a varietal. Two or three pinots, or chardonnays. Now you have ONE AND ONLY ONE label for the limited number of varietals they decide to put on the list...and in at least one case (sauvignon blanc), your only choice is their "proprietary" brand (I'm not hopeful it'll be drinkable). I do plan to make my displeasure known...but I'm hoping (probably with little chance of success) to sweet-talk myself into having a bartender go a little deeper into the wine list (they have the bottles right there on board!) for me...a tip or two in the right hands......

Anyone knows if Glenfiddich is covered under the UBP? It shows under $15 but there is something about the "super premium" brands in the terms and conditions.

I think it means that those super premium brands identified as such are not included in the UBP.

Anyone know if the bartenders will allow you to take beer away unopened ? I'd like to be able to bring it back to drink on my balcony .

Ugh. That beer list is more than a bit depressing. I expect the Sun will be pretty on target with those offerings, yeah? Woe, not a single stout in sight. Alas...
You should see the non-premium beer options for Celebrity .

Bud Light • Budweiser • Coors Lite • Miller Lite • Heineken Light • Heineken • Corona • Corona Light

That's it ! Now that's depressing

True! But you can also get the special drinks in the special cups and just pay the difference. We got the Moscow Mules in the copper mugs and only paid $2.95.

Same with the high priced booze. If you want something from that list over on the right that says ask for prices, you'll only pay the difference between $15 and the quoted price.

I hope you are correct . Certainly will ask .