2016 Norwegian Drink and Cocktail Prices

Smitty74

Anyone know if the bartenders will allow you to take beer away unopened ? I'd like to be able to bring it back to drink on my balcony .

You should see the non-premium beer options for Celebrity .

Bud Light • Budweiser • Coors Lite • Miller Lite • Heineken Light • Heineken • Corona • Corona Light

That's it ! Now that's depressing

I hope you are correct . Certainly will ask .

I know if you get a bucket, it comes with an opener, so you can open whenever you want. But the bucket wouldn't be included in the UBP. Otherwise, I think they open for you, but there are no open container rules on the boat. You can take drinks anywhere on the boat.

Have not cruised with Norwegian since 1999, but just booked a 38-night cruise on the Star. Does Norwegian have "happy hour" drink specials?

They usually have a daily drink special which can vary on what exactly they are offering. We got some breakfast "happy hour" mimosas on one sailing- they announced it over the intercom, so it does pay to listen to the announcements sometimes!

No worries! Those drink lists just show the fruity/tropical stuff. All of the bartenders are more than happy to make any standard cocktail, from Bloody Marys to Manhattans to Old Fashioneds to a simple 7&7 or gin and tonic. As long as the liquor in the drink (like the vodka in your Bloody Mary) is under $15, then the drink will be included in the UBP.

Responding the same about available drinks... As mentioned, each bar has a drink menu, but this only lists popular fruity vacation drinks, and is different at each bar on the ship. Also, each bar has different availability of various liquors. The lists posted on menus isn't necessarily the only boozes served there. We sailed the ESCAPE in December and my husband and I had the drink package. Almost every drink we ordered, I would specify a double pour, and high end liquor, and was never charged anything. As the Doug Out has said, the beer bar had plenty of great beers to choose from, and only a couple of them were higher than $15.00 The key is to bring a stack of $1 bills, and tip one buck per drink. Your bartenders will remember you, and always make your drinks more than worth the extra dollar you tipped! Yes, even though its over and above the 18% gratuities you've already been charged for, it is money well spent!

Responding the same about available drinks... As mentioned, each bar has a drink menu, but this only lists popular fruity vacation drinks, and is different at each bar on the ship. Also, each bar has different availability of various liquors. The lists posted on menus isn't necessarily the only boozes served there. We sailed the ESCAPE in December and my husband and I had the drink package. Almost every drink we ordered, I would specify a double pour, and high end liquor, and was never charged anything. As the Doug Out has said, the beer bar had plenty of great beers to choose from, and only a couple of them were higher than $15.00 The key is to bring a stack of $1 bills, and tip one buck per drink. Your bartenders will remember you, and always make your drinks more than worth the extra dollar you tipped! Yes, even though its over and above the 18% gratuities you've already been charged for, it is money well spent!

OMG, tipping even though you paid the 18% gratuity, lol....my husband always tips the bartender whether a wedding, at dinner or on vacation...results we never have an empty glass and pours tend to be generous when liquor or wine is the drink of choice.

That's what I plan on doing. I was a bartender during college and definitely know the benefits of tipping generously.

NCL's wine list has never been particularly fantastic, but at least they had variety even within a varietal. Two or three pinots, or chardonnays. Now you have ONE AND ONLY ONE label for the limited number of varietals they decide to put on the list...and in at least one case (sauvignon blanc), your only choice is their "proprietary" brand (I'm not hopeful it'll be drinkable). I do plan to make my displeasure known...but I'm hoping (probably with little chance of success) to sweet-talk myself into having a bartender go a little deeper into the wine list (they have the bottles right there on board!) for me...a tip or two in the right hands......

Is there any bar on the Sun that offers a wider selection of wines by the glass than the recently reduced list used in the restaurants?

• 4 weeks later...
They usually have a daily drink special which can vary on what exactly they are offering. We got some breakfast "happy hour" mimosas on one sailing- they announced it over the intercom, so it does pay to listen to the announcements sometimes!

Thanks!

Edited by CruznRagtop

For Scotch lovers, here are some that I remember were included under the UBP on the May 14th Gem cruise from NY.

Glenlivet

Glenfiddich

Macallan (+$2,95)

Glenmorangie Original (+$2,95)

Johnnie Walker Black

Johnnie Walker Gold

Johnnie Walker Blue (+$4,95)

Interestingly enough, there are 2 drinks at the Whisky Bar that contain Macallan or Glenmorangie that are under $15 (French Manhattan and Scottish Shore).

I did ask the barman if I could get the French Manhattan without Chambord, bitter and ice, but I got a no ;)

For Scotch lovers, here are some that I remember were included under the UBP on the May 14th Gem cruise from NY.

Glenlivet

Glenfiddich

Macallan (+$2,95)

Glenmorangie Original (+$2,95)

Johnnie Walker Black

Johnnie Walker Gold

Johnnie Walker Blue (+$4,95)

Interestingly enough, there are 2 drinks at the Whisky Bar that contain Macallan or Glenmorangie that are under $15 (French Manhattan and Scottish Shore).

I did ask the barman if I could get the French Manhattan without Chambord, bitter and ice, but I got a no ;)

Thanks for this info. It looks like I am going to have a very good time in 21 days

As mentioned, each bar has a drink menu, but this only lists popular fruity vacation drinks, and is different at each bar on the ship.

Each bar has a slightly different list of cocktails on their menu. It isn't true to say that they only list the fruity ones as some of the creamier ones are also listed on some of the menus. However, I had no problem whatsoever last week on the Epic getting cocktails that weren't listed on any menus. Admittedly I didn't ask for anything too outlandish but a lot of what I asked for wasn't listed. In addition, I spent quite a few evenings at Shakers Martini & Champagne bar and the guys were constantly being asked for off menu cocktails and I never saw them query any of the requests.

Also, with regards to wine, I have to say I am no connoisseur but I had a glass or two every evening with my dinner and I found the Pinot Grigio very passable. My wife drank the Prosecco every evening and that seemed to go down fine as well. I'm sure if all you drank was wine then the list would quickly wear thin, but if you are a wine-with-dinner kind of person then I'm sure most cruisers will be fine with it.

I believe that NCL do a Corks & Caps package that may be more suitable to the cruiseres that mainly drink wine.

Edited by Burgmeister

My first cruise ever with UBP and am wondering if a souvenir glass drink is included or able to pay difference. I collect them.

Definitely NOT included with UBP. Not sure whether you can buy them seperately or whether you actually have to buy the cocktail as well as we didn't bother with them. To be honest, they didn't look that great to us, but I appreciate that this is a personal taste thing.

Definitely NOT included with UBP. Not sure whether you can buy them seperately or whether you actually have to buy the cocktail as well as we didn't bother with them. To be honest, they didn't look that great to us, but I appreciate that this is a personal taste thing.

Well that being said I do have an NCL glass from my first cruise, won it at the sailaway Party. Maybe ill be twice lucky

Each bar has a slightly different list of cocktails on their menu. It isn't true to say that they only list the fruity ones as some of the creamier ones are also listed on some of the menus. However, I had no problem whatsoever last week on the Epic getting cocktails that weren't listed on any menus. Admittedly I didn't ask for anything too outlandish but a lot of what I asked for wasn't listed. In addition, I spent quite a few evenings at Shakers Martini & Champagne bar and the guys were constantly being asked for off menu cocktails and I never saw them query any of the requests.

Also, with regards to wine, I have to say I am no connoisseur but I had a glass or two every evening with my dinner and I found the Pinot Grigio very passable. My wife drank the Prosecco every evening and that seemed to go down fine as well. I'm sure if all you drank was wine then the list would quickly wear thin, but if you are a wine-with-dinner kind of person then I'm sure most cruisers will be fine with it.

I believe that NCL do a Corks & Caps package that may be more suitable to the cruiseres that mainly drink wine.

Thanks for posting about the Pinot Grigio and the Prosecco. I was looking at the wine list and thought those two would do fine for me. I buy Oak Leaf Pinot Grigio/Columbard from Wal-Mart and this suits me fine so those two will be an upgrade for me.

Candi

My first cruise ever with UBP and am wondering if a souvenir glass drink is included or able to pay difference. I collect them.

The official rule is that you cannot get the souvenir cup just by paying the difference. But I am sure you can get a bartender to sell you one for a couple of bucks. Tip well for the first few days and then ask at a few different bars. Someone will end up saying yes.

So the martini bar is also a champagne bar?? Score! I was hoping there would be somewhere onboard to have a choice between a few different champagnes. I'm not a champagne snob, by any means, but I do appreciate having a few choices if I'm in the mood for some bubbles. :)

Try Bulluit! It's fabulous, and IMHO better than Makers.

Agreed....I also would give Woodford Reserve, which I also like.

Thanks, DougOut. That's a pretty extensive list.

Plenty of beers that I like, Woodford Reserve, and the occasional martini as well on their.

No bar bill is gonna be nice in a couple of weeks when I sail Getaway.

The official rule is that you cannot get the souvenir cup just by paying the difference. But I am sure you can get a bartender to sell you one for a couple of bucks. Tip well for the first few days and then ask at a few different bars. Someone will end up saying yes.

Not that i oppose extra tipping but at that rate i may as well just buy the dang thing!! I got one 5 years ago that lights up. My grandson loves it so want to get another one

Does anyone know if sake is included with UBP? Also special mojitos from sugarcane?

Don't know about sake, but do know that the mojitos at the sugarcane are included. We had the UBP on our last 2 cruises and mojitos are one of DH's favorite. We made several visits to the Sugarcane and did not pay anything extra.

• 3 weeks later...
Watching this thread. Any signs of any dark beers? It's our first time on NCL and we have the UBP.

Thanks!

What ship are you sailing on? The Escape has a brew pub with craft beers, but the other ships just have really basic beers.

ETA: The beer menu for the other ships is on page 1, 2nd post, 3rd picture

Edited by anonmom

I'm making a list of "must try" drinks (the hubby and I are big drinkers so we plan on getting our money's worth) - so far I have the Mango Meltdown and Raspberry Guava mojito. We aren't much for wine aside from Pinot Grigio or something sweet. I love beer the most but don't want to get bloated while running around in a bikini all week. Can anyone suggest a good vodka drink that isn't overly sweet (aside from flavored vodka/soda water)? :)

I'm making a list of "must try" drinks (the hubby and I are big drinkers so we plan on getting our money's worth) - so far I have the Mango Meltdown and Raspberry Guava mojito. We aren't much for wine aside from Pinot Grigio or something sweet. I love beer the most but don't want to get bloated while running around in a bikini all week. Can anyone suggest a good vodka drink that isn't overly sweet (aside from flavored vodka/soda water)? :)

I like vodka martinis - you would probably like a Cosmo

there's always classics like cranberry vodka or greyhound