Thinking of Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel...Family friendly or Party place???

valandemmy

It will really depend on the clientele that day....but plenty of "families" use this spot. The "all-inclusive" attracts those who don't want to worry about the cost...the know it up-front, and that's all. It's not like it's a frat party atmosphere or anything. Whatever the passenger mix is on your ship, is what it will be at Mr. Sancho's!

totally family friendly.

The beach is big enough that should you encounter some rowdy neighbors you can move on down. We were there when there were 5 ships in port a few weeks back so there was all kinds of mixtures.

Sure people had a few too many, but there was lots of room.

With the pools, water toys, beach etc there's something for everybody and the grounds are kept very well maintained

enjoy, and don't worry IMO:)

I have read so many reviews about Mr Sanchos being a rowdy and loud place. When we were there, I didn't see anything rowdy about it at all. Just people having a good time in the pool and the ocean. Nothing at all...for instance like on the cruise ships...which I find more rowdy than this place. ;) Definitely a family friendly place IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Are the pools separated, 1 on the AI side and 1 on the PAYG side? If we are AI, could we use either? How deep are the pools? One depth or a gradual slope? Is there an adult-only pool? It will be myself and my 6-year old daughter, preferably on the AI side; she will have no interest in the inflatables in the ocean. Thanks for any specifics.

Are the pools separated, 1 on the AI side and 1 on the PAYG side? If we are AI, could we use either? How deep are the pools? One depth or a gradual slope? Is there an adult-only pool? It will be myself and my 6-year old daughter, preferably on the AI side; she will have no interest in the inflatables in the ocean. Thanks for any specifics.

Yes, the pools are separated. The big one is on the AI side and I believe there were reports that they added a 2nd one on the AI side as well. Maybe someone can confirm that. It was for anyone staying on the AI side and not an adult only pool. Then on the PAYG side there's a very small pool and not very deep. Both were a constant size and no slope that I can remember.

When we went, we did the AI, but the water was a little too deep for our little one and we ended up going over to the other side to let her swim toward the end and they had no problem with that.

AI pool

PC200263-L.jpg

PAYG side pool (3 feet deep)

PC200428-L.jpg

PC200415-L.jpg

Thanks Kim. We loved the wonderful pool at Paradise Beach last time we were in Cozumel, but I thought we'd try something different for just the 2 of us. Call it hands-on research for the next family cruise. :D

Thanks Kim. We loved the wonderful pool at Paradise Beach last time we were in Cozumel, but I thought we'd try something different for just the 2 of us. Call it hands-on research for the next family cruise. :D

I definitely want to try out Paradise. It's the one place that I keep saying I want to go to, but always end up somewhere else instead. :p

My information is several years old but we found it mostly family friendly. It is a large place where you can get away from the other if you want. They play mostly Mexican type music with no profanity or coarse language. My little girl was five at the time and she jumped in and out of the pool with other kids. I was afraid that this would bother of the pool drinkers but they seemed ok with it. (It did bother me that some of the drinker stayed in the pool for hours without taking a potty break.)

I saw only one person having to be carried to a cab- a young woman on her honeymoon who seem to be upset with her new husband.

We went last year with our littles. It was good and family friendly until late afternoon when all the drinks from the day kicked in. This is specific to the pool and mostly the swim up bar area. If we ever go again we'll just make sure we're on the beach around that time.

With kids I would reccomend you also look into Play mia. Tons to do with kiddos including water slide.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Parents just got to do what they think is best for their children. One thing might not be right to another person -- so on, so on. For us, we would not take our small children to Sanchos but we might when they are teens. That is just how we are. To each their own. As long as you have a great time and the kids have fun. That is all that matters.