Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

Good morning! We are transiting the channel now, actually a bit faster than I thought, about 14.5 knots at the time I left the stateroom which was 5-10 minutes ago.

Anthem's first sight of Bermuda :)

05CFAB3D-C33C-43B3-A804-261BE1072C9C_zpstoadn5db.jpg

6DB8BCF2-9E2E-4379-AF2B-88E4921A64C0_zpsf65zg1ek.jpg

3EB86246-EF18-40C0-B645-E96AB66383A8_zpsopyewngt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wohooo thanks for the webcam pics guys!! :D Doesn't she look gorgeous.

Here are a few shots from the our side:

D251EEDE-3095-4991-B3AA-D92E8E955085_zpsa9ofntb0.jpg

F2FEF658-183D-4006-B11C-5B6ED35D978C_zpsheiqgnkl.jpg

69585C4D-0138-453E-BE09-69A473E91013_zpscweatdkb.jpg

8D42BCB9-890D-4CB9-8B8F-B6459B6EBD59_zpsmoihelxh.jpg

DD19F34D-EC3B-4542-81EF-EFF80A48BDA8_zpsg5dbr4re.jpg

Edited by CapitalKyle

Welcome to Bermuda! I loved watching you come in. Do you happen to know how long it took for the ship to clear customs? I have parasailing booked for 9am and I hope I didn't cut that too close. It was cheaper to book at 9

Well those channel-dredgers did us proud! We are tied up safe and sound at Heritage Wharf.

Coffee and breakfast now in Two70.

962095C2-C3D7-4753-8E0D-04335B65E0FD_zpsgqxc1hkc.jpg

Since our stateroom is right on the hump at the aft elevator bank, it's down one flight of stairs and a quick walk through The Via to the Cafe @ Two70. There's an opening on the other side into Two70 proper, so it's in one side, out the other with your food to find a comfy spot to eat with some amazing views.

Welcome to Bermuda! I loved watching you come in. Do you happen to know how long it took for the ship to clear customs? I have parasailing booked for 9am and I hope I didn't cut that too close. It was cheaper to book at 9

I think the ship does not get in until 9

Thank you!

We were in the process of tying up to the pier at approximately 8:20am, and they have been letting people off the ship for a little bit now. So I'd say 30 minutes to clear the ship, on the conservative side. This being the first time for Anthem here I'm not sure if that has any effect on how long customs took.

Sieze the Carp... Anybody? :p

37F51304-E4D4-403A-9AB8-82F2050B3910_zps83jeroow.jpg

72C450D9-EE08-4C1A-8E7D-E8DCC440734C_zpsill48v5n.jpg

8AB4C75D-253C-40BF-B4F0-1250D39ECBC1_zpskea6syyy.jpg

Gigi is still alive and kickin'. And her "scarf" is gone!

8650DFF8-91DB-4280-A178-AE4076EB3963_zpsevqljw63.jpg

Love Dead Poets Society!

CONGRATS on your upcoming vows!! We sail 6/25/16 --- maybe we will be going again in 2017 for our 20th wedding anniversary!

Thank you! We are really excited. And congrats on 20 years in 2017.

It appears the Anthem is docked with portside against the pier. Yes? Excited if it is; we will be there next Monday and in June and have a portside balcony both times.

Thank you!

We were in the process of tying up to the pier at approximately 8:20am, and they have been letting people off the ship for a little bit now. So I'd say 30 minutes to clear the ship, on the conservative side. This being the first time for Anthem here I'm not sure if that has any effect on how long customs took.

Oh, that is good news! So it is possible to be off the ship by 9? I was thinking that was docking time. Enjoy your day

Hi Kyle,

Great thread and I'm really enjoying the real time posts. I believe your stateroom is located on the starboard side of the ship, which is opposite the pier. Therefore, I was hoping that you could post some pictures of your view from your balcony. I'm deciding if I want to switch my cabin from starboard to port side. If memory serves you overlook Hamilton in the distance, which is nice especially at night.

Thanks,

Rick

Thank you both so much for posting these! I'm at *cough* work *cough* and they block the webcams. :rolleyes: :(

You're welcome! Wish I was a tad bit more savvy on posting pics to the thread that aren't fuzzy and microscopic :-)

Hi Kyle,

Great thread and I'm really enjoying the real time posts. I believe your stateroom is located on the starboard side of the ship, which is opposite the pier. Therefore, I was hoping that you could post some pictures of your view from your balcony. I'm deciding if I want to switch my cabin from starboard to port side. If memory serves you overlook Hamilton in the distance, which is nice especially at night.

Thanks,

Rick

I don't think they always dock the same way. When we were there last year, they had the starboard side facing port