Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

Are the smoothies included with the ultimate beverage pkg? I thought I read they were and also with the royal replenish, does anyone know?

I did a little searching and found the answer to my own question but thought I would post here in case anyone else was interested.

Fruit smoothies are included but not with protein powder in them

Edited by tlreze

We are booked on the Anthem to Bermuda in June. Same length of time (5 nights). We have the following shows:

We Will Rock You

The Gift

Spectras Caberet

Kyle,

If possible ... could you get all the available days & times these shows are being offered on the cruise?

Thanks so much!

I did a little searching and found the answer to my own question but thought I would post here in case anyone else was interested.

Thanks! I was wondering about this. So ultimate only and not premium packages I take it?

Edited by libertybelle41

Can you take pictures of the menus at the complementary restaurants if you go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'll be able to share menus from American Icon, Silk, The Grande and Coastal Kitchen. We don't plan on dining in Chic but if I get the chance I'll try to pop in and ask for a menu.

Tonight was American Icon. I seem to remember the menu being much more extensive, from other reviews I'd read? Sorry for the terrible shadows on the pics...

2F23381C-1D4B-413A-8E07-5CBE14C4DBF2_zpsdp8s76hj.jpg

AC047122-8FAF-4F66-A6DC-3FF20B72BDC2_zpsbdgi3nyl.jpg

No more skillet cookie :( Was sad about that one...

2BDCDA81-CB0D-4F52-A4C7-3B090E394061_zps8tj5z2fa.jpg

I'd call the food good but not spectacular. Higher end of the typical MDR fare. The decor is nice, though.

Loving your blog! Wondering if you are in an obstructed balcony room? We are in rooms 6666 and 6668 in an upcoming cruise which are 50% obstructed and I wondered if yours were as well when I saw the position of the lifeboats ahead of you. Have a blast!

Thank you! We are in a spa junior suite and it is not considered obstructed view (we are on the hump), although it is on the same deck as the obstructed view balcony rooms. I posted some pics of the balcony view forward and aft a little while ago so hopefully those will be helpful!

Thanks so much for you live blog..The pictures are wonderful and makes waiting til July a little easier. Thanks again for you time and effort.

Love the review/photo - thanks for doing this. If you go back into the Cafe with Starbucks products can you take a photo?

Thank you! I'm so glad that others are able to get a little enjoyment out of my experience too :)

I will take a look next time I go by La Patisserie, are you interested in anything in particular? We were there on Day 1 and got a delicious blueberry pastry, but I didn't pay much attention to the coffees.

Thank you! I'm so glad that others are able to get a little enjoyment out of my experience too :)

I will take a look next time I go by La Patisserie, are you interested in anything in particular? We were there on Day 1 and got a delicious blueberry pastry, but I didn't pay much attention to the coffees.

I am interested in what Starbucks drinks they offer

Good Evening Kyle,

It looks like you are having a blast!!:D I cannot wait to see you pull into port tomorrow morning. It should be so exciting!!

BTW have you been using the WOW bands?

Did you receive some in your cabin or do you have to buy them? We have ours from the Quantum and hope to be able to just bring them and use them on the Anthem.

Can you also tell me what shows are on your sailing. My Sil is doing the 5 nite in September and said she couldn't find any of the shows listed:confused: I told her it was too soon to show up to book. But I'm sure they're the same ones as the 9 nite.:)

Thank you again for the beautiful pics and your awesome review.

Have a great time in Bermuda tomorrow.

Liz:)

Hi Liz! We have been using the WOW Bands, yes. They were waiting for us in our stateroom, as I believe they are for all suites. I think I read that you can reuse them from ship to ship but I'm not sure how that works. I imagine when you board with your bands from Quantum you'll have to go to Guest Services to get them programmed to your stateroom on Anthem. I will try to ask this of someone if I remember.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the bands. My friend and I have run into an issue or two with them not being programmed properly. They'd open the cabin door but not work if we were trying to get a drink, for example. Same with our SeaPass cards actually. We've each been to Guest Services because the cards stopped working. I love all the technology Royal has implemented on this ship but it would appear they're not quite done working the bugs out.

As far as the shows, it is as another power has already mentioned: We Will Rock You, The Gift and Spectra's Cabaret. The show reservations have also been an adventure so far. Not enough to negatively impact our trip mind you, but not working smoothly all the same. I will elaborate at another time, but my recommendation is to print your schedule out prior to leaving home, for any reservations you made using the Cruise Planner. Because it's been our experience so far that bookings have been moved around without any kind of notice. Bring a printed copy with you and reconcile it against your schedule on the stateroom tv as soon as you can, that way you can handle any discrepancies with Guest Services while there is still availability for other shows/times.

Kyle,

I am enjoying the review. We are sailing on Anthem on June 16. My daughter gets seasick easily. Just wondering how the seas are out of New York these days?:

Thanks for following along, and only a couple months to go for you now! I'm sure you guys must be excited.

The seas last night were calm but today there has been decidedly more movement. Nothing violent at all but a pronounced roll. Nothing bad enough to cancel any activities: we still did iFly and We Will Rock You went on as scheduled this evening. I think we may have slowed down for part of the day which may have contributed.

I would say that if your daughter gets sea sick easily you should definitely play it safe and have all the remedies handy.

Thanks for following up :) I wasn't overly interested in the smoothies as I didn't see any liquor content :rolleyes: :p

Hi Liz! We have been using the WOW Bands, yes. They were waiting for us in our stateroom, as I believe they are for all suites. I think I read that you can reuse them from ship to ship but I'm not sure how that works. I imagine when you board with your bands from Quantum you'll have to go to Guest Services to get them programmed to your stateroom on Anthem. I will try to ask this of someone if I remember.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the bands. My friend and I have run into an issue or two with them not being programmed properly. They'd open the cabin door but not work if we were trying to get a drink, for example. Same with our SeaPass cards actually. We've each been to Guest Services because the cards stopped working. I love all the technology Royal has implemented on this ship but it would appear they're not quite done working the bugs out.

As far as the shows, it is as another power has already mentioned: We Will Rock You, The Gift and Spectra's Cabaret. The show reservations have also been an adventure so far. Not enough to negatively impact our trip mind you, but not working smoothly all the same. I will elaborate at another time, but my recommendation is to print your schedule out prior to leaving home, for any reservations you made using the Cruise Planner. Because it's been our experience so far that bookings have been moved around without any kind of notice. Bring a printed copy with you and reconcile it against your schedule on the stateroom tv as soon as you can, that way you can handle any discrepancies with Guest Services while there is still availability for other shows/times.

Thanks Kyle for getting back to me so quickly. You have been very kind in answering all my questions.

Yes~ we loved the WOW bands. It was so much easier especially at nite, to just tap the band and you were in your cabin. Rather than digging around searching for your seapass card. No issues at all.

Even my DH wore his and he doesn't wear any kind of jewelry or watches.:p

Have all our shows booked and hoping they're not moved around.

I have to make our dining arrangements once on board because we bought the 3 specialty dining pkg and we can't pre book those. So i guess it doesn't matter if they do change the shows:rolleyes:

Hope you're enjoying the different venues. We loved AI and silk Grande eh not so much. Maybe you'll have a better experience. Curious to know your opinions. Hope it's all good.:)

Enjoy your time in Bermuda

Liz:)

Edited by knots4crewzing

Kyle,

If possible ... could you get all the available days & times these shows are being offered on the cruise?

Thanks so much!

Hi! The reason I think this may not be all that helpful for you is that half of the show times which were available for us to book pre-cruise have either been moved it cancelled.

That said, when I post the compasses it should have all the show times in there :)

Cruise director is Dru at the moment. I believe Abe had been on just before?

Thank you! Going next month so I'm sure Dru will still be the CD. If you have any opinions about him let me know. I think a good CD can make your vacation so much better

A couple more pics before I turn in for the night. I don't think I've shared these yet but if I did... Sorry!

Approaching the Verrazano Bridge. That sailboat in front of us had a death wish! He was trying to cut across our path before we got up to where he was. Captain honked the horn about 4 different times before he peeled off the other direction.

417FF65C-6123-4367-9D1A-CBEEC74439C2_zpsn9upuidi.jpg

North Star was up as soon as we passed the bridge:

B3F6804F-5E94-4C53-B5DE-1A5BE13A74E7_zpsorpqx12u.jpg

1119FF3F-AE1B-42B3-96C4-26B965E4FF7C_zpsx19ufvqh.jpg

BA2250FE-42AE-473A-9A85-D48EDE10B12E_zpstvqi6fvn.jpg

4CA6C1AE-F44B-4E19-9DC2-B483B9FE3929_zpsgh1zyj8b.jpg

I think I may be mildly obsessed with North Star... It's just so unique, and it makes for great pictures!

Edited by CapitalKyle

Two70. Beautiful but maybe a touch smaller in person than it appears in pictures?

F4FDBCD2-DE52-40DA-B38A-305EE4E10F51_zpsmgxrdfve.jpg

D1A7A1BD-90B9-4FB4-BA3F-D3D076C626E4_zpswv9xnvjq.jpg

4CDCCDAC-1818-4CE4-8C35-FB2C320364E0_zps00vwlumq.jpg

7843FDE4-FDDC-4074-85BA-D91B7AE4AD90_zps2bk07hen.jpg

54DF9640-4639-4644-A6C8-3A87D4D32EB7_zpsnpqgwkns.jpg

Only good vibes, people!

2AE472DA-CA81-4FDF-AD8B-E64174EDC604_zps1agadml6.jpg

Edited by CapitalKyle

Goodnight all! Probably won't be updating much tomorrow as I'll be off the ship but rest assured plenty of pictures of Bermuda and the beautiful Anthem from pier-side to come.

We board Thursday for 16 nights. Really enjoying following along. Who is the captain?

Captain Henrik Soerensen :)

Edited by CapitalKyle