Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

Good morning all! Photos from our trip to Horseshoe Bay Beach yesterday. This place is truly spectacular and I think it's my new favorite beach in the world!

There are so many little coves and mini-beaches and beautiful rock formations if you keep walking past the highly populated portion of the beach where the umbrellas and chairs are. Don't stop there, keep walking down and exploring. You won't regret it!

And the sand really is pink! It's as soft as flour and up close it has little flecks of pink. Amazing.

7F4B3E0D-D269-4642-8153-55BDC9EB7351_zpsquwiwcmc.jpg

3C019F66-2540-49D8-BEB9-F34B0F923C75_zpsjt8fr8lw.jpg

596F1320-4E0D-41EE-8493-2689F839737F_zpsj7krrxp3.jpg

529DF74B-7044-4B50-BEB9-E1F62E1911E0_zpsletvju7k.jpg

3E78E9EA-36B6-4395-A8F5-C022ADF5578D_zpsbcphmdhb.jpg

6CC772E0-BB21-4AEB-91B4-B66C3F71D17B_zpsehyt9ozf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Regarding movies on the outdoor poolside screen. On the April 18th cruise they showed the James Bond film Specter, the new Star Wars Movie and a Lego movie for kids.

According to today's compass they are showing Star Wars today at 7:00pm.

how did you like silk? Ive heard mixed reviews. Random question… have you seen grilled cheese at any of the cafes? We are bringing our little one on his first cruise and I'm trying to be as prepared as possible! Is there any way you can post a pic of the kids pool? Looks like beautiful weather in bermuda! Is there shopping at port? How long does it take to get to Horseshoe Beach? Looks gorgeous! I can't wait to go! Keep Posting!!!!

Good Morning Kyle,

Another gorgeous day in Bermuda. Hope we're as lucky when we go. The last we were there it was overcast and you really couldn't see the true colors.

Your pics of Horseshoe Bay are so beautiful. The colors are amazing.

Meanwhile it's cold, damp and rainy in CT.

Enjoy your day!!

Thank You again for taking the time to share those with us.

Liz:)

CapitalKyle - great photos! Loving your review...we leave when you get back to Bayonne.

Off topic question. I too use Photobucket....how are you able to get your photos to show without the scroll on the bottom with all your other photos? I like the idea of just the one photo.

According to today's compass they are showing Star Wars today at 7:00pm.

The new Star Wars ? If possible, would you be able to post 1 or 2 days of the compass? Much appriciated. Were u able to go in water or was it too cold?

I LOVE your pictures Kyle, thank you so much for sharing!! How did you get to Horseshoe Bay? Taxi, bus? Is there a place to eat lunch there also? Do you happen to know how much it is to rent the chairs and umbrellas?

Thank you again!!

Ohhhhhh........well, there is hope for the starboard side after all

Even if you end up facing the bay on the starboard side, the view ain't all that bad ;)

Forward:

67E4BF1E-E537-4056-842E-8D280FAB1439_zpst1kaggvr.jpg

Aft:

6CA23994-4C97-49A5-BC06-0E7AA1018127_zpsfsya4v08.jpg

Straight down:

EA4B089D-6794-4F3C-8551-9A7CFEB95E64_zpsuqsfnywb.jpg

Down and forward:

A63DAF34-3001-4410-824B-D9E29184F9D5_zpsmfhdvezz.jpg

Down and aft:

32D36A6C-6BAD-46DE-B083-374F8B8214ED_zpswtbjzpml.jpg

Edited by CapitalKyle

Thank you for taking us along for the ride(cruise):) love your photos- so clear and sharp! Wonder if you could please post menus for the other complimentary restaurants you visit. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Will do! Not sure if it will be today or tomorrow but I will post them. Also note that our waiter in Silk told us last night that the menu does change. Silk will have a different menu on the last night of the cruise, for example. I asked because I had seen spring rolls on a posted menu somewhere but they weren't on the menu last night.

Yesterday afternoon shots.

On the ferry from Hamilton back to Royal Naval Dockyard. Runs hourly on weekdays, we paid $4.50 per person one way.

P&O Oriana departing:

B057BEF5-B639-4CFD-83AD-719B738D0438_zpsbrjz758y.jpg

0F47152D-AD0F-4A5E-A2E2-F325D13A2E3E_zpsyiorj3ef.jpg

Another ride on North Star:

6E1B2604-3621-4660-A3DF-CC9806C2B6F4_zpsty8qm9cd.jpg

C1C771F9-F1B9-4473-9B3B-84930F4E1A2D_zps32gfdkj1.jpg

We did standby this time, waited maybe 15-20 min at the North Star Bar and then up we went! HIGHLY recommend you do it while in port. Views were spectacular.

We actually started something of a trend at the bar while we waited. I ordered a Labadoozie and about 3 or 4 different people asked what it was and wanted to order one!

Our Lady Anthem at night. She looks beautiful in lights!

B7C35A80-1B7A-41AA-807E-28DFDCE44359_zpsjoceklgf.jpg

E4B2E434-72A0-4352-9F7B-280149938878_zpsaotai2iw.jpg

42B8AEAF-EDFF-40BD-876F-AB74B8437BFD_zps4xifncyj.jpg

7845D75A-E624-41EA-89F7-D2C74B595F7F_zpsfdr0fuqz.jpg

83583948-9811-4236-9ABE-EEDF5EA3E0A0_zpsmfdinmnx.jpg

2CEBB764-491F-48DF-8AD5-A9829A5446D0_zpsnrue3vbz.jpg

Fun story: we got off the ship last night because we hair couldn't pass up the unique opportunity to be off the ship at night. We heard rumors of a party that was going to go until 3:00am, which is late for Bermuda! So we just followed the crowds off the ship and ended up in what by day is a snorkel park and some sort of golfing place. Fun Golf maybe? Anyway, they turned it into a huge party and it turns out a TON of the Anthem crew were there! Royal must have been nice enough to give a bt number of them the night off to blow off some steam. Most of them have never been to Bermuda before, either, so it was a nice touch by Royal. It was great to see the cast of We Will Rock You there, and it was wild to see various waiters or bartenders who have taken care of us, cutting loose and dancing and drinking! Amazing time and I'll remember it forever!

CapitalKyle, to find the little coves you showed in your picture a, do you go left or right when facing the water?

Hi! When you first come onto the beach, facing the water, you will want to go left. The main part of Horseshoe Bay Beach is a big crescent. It will look like there's nowhere you can go on the left because of a rock formation, but get all the way over there and you'll see you can pass I between the rocks (it's actually quite a wide gap) and from there you can walk down past several little coves.

loving the pics cause i am counting down to the 14th ~! I am nervous about the weather but seeing some people at the beach made me veryyy happy ! Thanks Kyle for the review !

Also, the North Star - i have been unable to make reservations for this on the web. How does the standby procedure work ?? best to do while in port ? :eek:

Hi! When you first come onto the beach, facing the water, you will want to go left. The main part of Horseshoe Bay Beach is a big crescent. It will look like there's nowhere you can go on the left because of a rock formation, but get all the way over there and you'll see you can pass I between the rocks (it's actually quite a wide gap) and from there you can walk down past several little coves.

You can have a cab drop you off at Warwick Long Bay and then are able to walk all the way to Horseshoe and stop at different beaches and coves along the way......we stopped at two different places and we were the only ones there

Edited by tlreze

Alright all, we are about to pull out of Royal Naval Dockyard! Captain Henrik just announced that we're all set to go. He said there was a low pressure system in front of us tomorrow and that we may hit some wind and rain.

Alright all, we are about to pull out of Royal Naval Dockyard! Captain Henrik just announced that we're all set to go. He said there was a low pressure system in front of us tomorrow and that we may hit some wind and rain.

Thanks for the heads up.

Watching you sail away!

I'm completely addicted to this thread. I was on Anthem in March & ready to go again on 5/14. Your pictures are wonderful & have me counting the minutes until I board!

Did you use the RCI transfer to Horseshoe Bay or did you take other transportation?

Thank you so much for those kind words!

We used the minibuses that are waiting around outside of the pier. It's $7 per person one way. When you make your way outside of the port building you'll walk along the pier with the ship on your left. When you reach the end of the pier you'll see an area facing you on the right with a bunch of mini busses lined up. They will go to all kinds of different places but just ask one of the people for a minibus going to Horseshoe Bay Beach. Ride is around 20 to 25 minutes.

how did you like silk? Ive heard mixed reviews. Random question… have you seen grilled cheese at any of the cafes? We are bringing our little one on his first cruise and I'm trying to be as prepared as possible! Is there any way you can post a pic of the kids pool? Looks like beautiful weather in bermuda! Is there shopping at port? How long does it take to get to Horseshoe Beach? Looks gorgeous! I can't wait to go! Keep Posting!!!!

I would call Silk decent. The ambience of the restaurant and the wait staff were great. The food was alright.

I seem to remember hearing someone order a grilled cheese somewhere... I think it was Cafe Two70 maybe?

The weather could hardly have been better. Yesterday was a little cloudy but warm enough, and today was picture perfect. Limited clouds and the sun was shining all day. Temps in the 70's. Water was chilly to say the least! But we went in anyway... It was just too beautiful not to.

Plenty of shopping in Royal Naval Dockyard, yes! ClockTower Mall had all kinds of stalls for everything from souvenirs to glass pieces made at the glass blowing factory. Sadly the factory was closed for renovations while we were there so we could not see a demonstration.

I'll try to remember to snap a pic of the kids pool next time I'm up there.

CapitalKyle - great photos! Loving your review...we leave when you get back to Bayonne.

Off topic question. I too use Photobucket....how are you able to get your photos to show without the scroll on the bottom with all your other photos? I like the idea of just the one photo.

The process is a little bit convoluted but like you, I like the full pictures within the post, not the little scroll bar at the bottom.

I upload the pics a few at a time into a photobucket gallery. Then, from the 'Home' section of the app, I tap a picture to view it, then tap the little information icon (it's a lower case 'i' with a circle around it, first one on the left). You'll see a page of links. Tap the link next to 'IMG' to copy it automatically, then just paste it directly into your CC post on the Forums app!