Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

The new Star Wars ? If possible, would you be able to post 1 or 2 days of the compass? Much appriciated. Were u able to go in water or was it too cold?

Yup, The Force Awakens. Will post all of the compasses soon. I may try to get all the pages photographed, then post them as I'm on the train home on Thursday. If possible will try to get Day 1 and Day 2 done before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I LOVE your pictures Kyle, thank you so much for sharing!! How did you get to Horseshoe Bay? Taxi, bus? Is there a place to eat lunch there also? Do you happen to know how much it is to rent the chairs and umbrellas?

Thank you again!!

Thank you for following along! Answered most of your question in a post a little bit ago but as far as the umbrellas, I saw a sign for 2 chairs, 1 umbrella and 5 beers for $50. Not sure how much just the chairs/umbrellas were. We did not spend any time on that part of the beach except to walk through it. There is a little restaurant there as well as a small bar.

loving the pics cause i am counting down to the 14th ~! I am nervous about the weather but seeing some people at the beach made me veryyy happy ! Thanks Kyle for the review !

Also, the North Star - i have been unable to make reservations for this on the web. How does the standby procedure work ?? best to do while in port ? :eek:

Thank you!

Honestly any time is a good time to ride North Star :p During open hours, there will be an attendant standing in front of the staircase up to North Star, on the starboard side right by the handicapped lift and the North Star Bar. If you want to do standby you just walk up to that person and tell them, and they'll let you know usually about how long it will be.

Thanks for the heads up.

Watching you sail away!

Looks like the Summit is just outside the channel waiting for us to transit. Anyone know why she is coming in so late? Never heard of that kind of Bermuda itinerary before...

Really enjoying the pictures and commentary. Heading to Bermuda in October on this itinerary, so anticipation is rising!

Question - how are the late night food options, say past 2100? Does the Windjammer really close early, is anything open 24/7? Also, how many places provide soft-serve ice cream?

Thanks! Looking forward to following along the rest of your journey!

Yup, The Force Awakens. Will post all of the compasses soon. I may try to get all the pages photographed, then post them as I'm on the train home on Thursday. If possible will try to get Day 1 and Day 2 done before then.

Thanks so much. First time I went to Horseshoe, I could not stop looking at the water and rocks. It is just so beautiful. Can't wait to go back. I hope sailing home not to rough for everyone. Thanks for all pictures and taking time to respond to everyone's questions.

Looks like the Summit is just outside the channel waiting for us to transit. Anyone know why she is coming in so late? Never heard of that kind of Bermuda itinerary before...

This is interesting ... according to schedule (http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2016_Cruise_Ship_Schedule.pdf) ... Summit is not supposed to arrive until tomorrow ... WED 5/4 @ 8:00am :confused:

The Summit usually arrives Wednesday morning and stays for 3 days. However this summer the America's Cup Races are in Bermuda and the ships have to come and go around the practices etc. Not sure if that is why she is early, but it could be.

Great pictures.

CapitalKyle, to find the little coves you showed in your picture a, do you go left or right when facing the water?

At Horseshoe, there is the large cove off to the right as you walk down the path from the convenience area - must have been chilly when Kyle was there, as I recall there are usually more people with tots in the calm water. There are smaller coves and unusual formations visible at low tide in front of that.

This may have been covered in other threads...is Solarium Bistro still open for everyone? I know the Dynamic Dining rumors have been squashed (for now), but I wasn't sure if that necessarily meant that the Bistro would be included in that decision. I assume there was a correlation, and therefore the Bistro is still open for all, but just thought I'd ask. Thank you!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos! Thanks for doing your live review and posting such wonderful pictures. You've really helped me get excited for my upcoming trip to Bermuda.

Really enjoying the pictures and commentary. Heading to Bermuda in October on this itinerary, so anticipation is rising!

Question - how are the late night food options, say past 2100? Does the Windjammer really close early, is anything open 24/7? Also, how many places provide soft-serve ice cream?

Thanks! Looking forward to following along the rest of your journey!

Thank you!

I think this depends on your definition of late. Honestly, late-late night food is an issue on this ship. Nothing is 24/7 except for room service. Sorrento's, which seems to be the last place open, closes at 1:30am.

Michael's Pub (extra cost) serves until 12:30am, but otherwise everything seems to close by 9:30pm or earlier.

Edited by CapitalKyle

We just got off The Beautiful Anthem on Saturday, what a ship, what a staff, what a vacation! Already booked her for next April! Beautiful pictures!

Marg

Thank you Marg! 100% agree, an absolutely beautiful ship and an amazing staff to go with it! Susie Q in Music Hall is especially awesome :D

This may have been covered in other threads...is Solarium Bistro still open for everyone? I know the Dynamic Dining rumors have been squashed (for now), but I wasn't sure if that necessarily meant that the Bistro would be included in that decision. I assume there was a correlation, and therefore the Bistro is still open for all, but just thought I'd ask. Thank you!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos! Thanks for doing your live review and posting such wonderful pictures. You've really helped me get excited for my upcoming trip to Bermuda.

Thank you for following along! I'm glad I could add to your excitement :D

Solarium Bistro is still there and open to everyone, but it appears to be mostly another buffet option on this ship. Breakfast there is a buffet, and when I walked by at about 5:30 or 6:00pm today it was also set up as a buffet for dinner, from the looks of it.

The Grande menu from tonight's dinner. Sorry for the lines on the second photo... Not sure what is going on there!

Thank you! Looks delicious

You have so many great photos! I love the night photos of the ship.

Thanks for a great review. I too loved the photos. Thanks for taking the time to do all that, especially since you were on a 5 day!

Thank you both :)