FYI....There is NO 20% Discount on Beverage Packages

My Oasis cruise is showing 20% off for the Premium Package @$47/day. The problem is the package before was only $49/pp. Their literature online shows the original price of the package at $49 as well. The math does work out if you include the gratuities BUT, when you add it to your cart, Royal ADDS the gratuities so there is no 20% off.

You are saving $2/day. That is the equivalent to a good drink for the entire week.

Just another example of their FAKE sales, IMO!!!!! WOW!!!! :(

I just feel bad for people who aren't cruise junkies like me and don't monitor things like I do daily. They think they are actually getting a discount.

My Oasis cruise is showing 20% off for the Premium Package @$47/day. The problem is the package before was only $49/pp. Their literature online shows the original price of the package at $49 as well. The math does work out if you include the gratuities BUT, when you add it to your cart, Royal ADDS the gratuities so there is no 20% off.

You are saving $2/day. That is the equivalent to a good drink for the entire week.

I just feel bad for people who aren't cruise junkies like me and don't monitor things like I do daily. They think they are actually getting a discount.

Absolutely here you I was just saying the same.

The other day premium £39 a day and now it's £45 including a 20% discount...

They must think we are daft

It's getting to the point where it's just beyond ridiculous now!

Someone on our roll-call to rhe fjords telephoned royal and asked why..and was told it's because port taxes have increased in Norway hence the price increase...that's fine but there are increases on other ships going all over the world..

Can't even get a story straight

I just wanted to point out something. Everyone (not just this thread) is mentioning the 18 percent gratuity. Well, yes they are adding it on. Even if they didn't it would be added to your tab on the ship and therefore would be added to your final bill. The promotion is 20 percent off the package...not free gratuities.

I've been trying to catch up and figure this out. The RCCL brochure shows 2df9a854468680086955cc2435e30dfb.jpg

Pricing of 39/49/59

My Cruise Planner shows 97bcfdc3848934785504b44bc852e9ba.jpg

42/65/75 which "IS" the discount?

This is 14 nights on Indy in June

Makes 0 sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mind sharing what you paid for your premium package?

Was.....$49 per day PLUS 18% GRATUITIES .......441+80=521

Now....$39 per day Plus 18% Gratuities............351+63=414

This is for a 9 day cruise. So PER couple, we saved $214

We have a lot of people going, so everyone was very happy with this.

Sooooo.......if you drink $12 cocktails or glasses of wine......we break EVEN by having 4 drinks a day. Anything OVER 4 drinks is gravy. :):):)

Edited by champagne123
xxxxx

I've been trying to catch up and figure this out. The RCCL brochure shows 2df9a854468680086955cc2435e30dfb.jpg

Pricing of 39/49/59

My Cruise Planner shows 97bcfdc3848934785504b44bc852e9ba.jpg

42/65/75 which "IS" the discount?

This is 14 nights on Indy in June

Makes 0 sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Only possible catch: in the brochure it says: "Prices starting at 39/49/59". This might indicate that for some (and then for more and eventually for all) sailings the prices are higher :(

I just wanted to point out something. Everyone (not just this thread) is mentioning the 18 percent gratuity. Well, yes they are adding it on. Even if they didn't it would be added to your tab on the ship and therefore would be added to your final bill. The promotion is 20 percent off the package...not free gratuities.

If you do the Math, 20% off of $49 is NOT $47. And if you add the entire cost

20% off of $343 is NOT $310 which they are charging for the total.

It doesn't add up. It is not off the package.

We originally paid $404 pp for DH and I a few weeks back.

Then we saw the "SALE" last Friday and I called.

First guy told me it didn't apply to our sailing. June 11th on Oasis.

Called back again and they cancelled my original and rebooked us at $310 pp.

Glad we did that before they realized they made a mistake.:D:D

Saved almost $200 for the 2 of us.

This was for the premium package.

Any chance you called Royal to see if this was a mistake?

If you do the Math, 20% off of $49 is NOT $47. And if you add the entire cost

20% off of $343 is NOT $310 which they are charging for the total.

It doesn't add up. It is not off the package.

I don't know what you are looking at..sorry. I am just giving you my example. It sounds to me like there is some sort of error somewhere ...I would call. It is certainly worth the savings.

Any chance you called Royal to see if this was a mistake?

I did. C&A. I got the runaround. They couldn't provide me with a straight answer. One person said she couldn't help me. I called back. The 2nd person said they are 20% off. When I asked then how they arrived at that price with the math, there was no explanation other than prices vary. I then proceeded to ask what price they are discounting the 20% from and she couldn't tell me.

I never did get anywhere.

I did. C&A. I got the runaround. They couldn't provide me with a straight answer. One person said she couldn't help me. I called back. The 2nd person said they are 20% off. When I asked then how they arrived at that price with the math, there was no explanation other than prices vary. I then proceeded to ask what price they are discounting the 20% from and she couldn't tell me.

I never did get anywhere.

Honestly, I would keep calling until you get someone that can help you.

Again, we got it for $310 pp for a 7 nt Oasis sailing in June.

Took me 2 calls, but we finally got it.

You are 100% correct. Their math does NOT add up.

Keep calling and escalate it if you need to.

Good Luck!!:D

Just like a previous poster.. I booked 2 on the package for 410 a piece about a month ago.

The sale hit and I took advantage of it and it went down almost 100 bucks a person.

I am not looking at the invoice but I am pretty sure it was like 315.

so I would call and get the price.

remember the 49 a person then you ADD the gratuities... so it is like 59 after everything is said and done... if it is now 47 after everything is done.. well that is 20%