New Promo is Posted

Logic:

... I know as an experienced cruiser to not wait until the last day to finalize your package. Add 1000+ more people who know the same thing and even the next to last day may be time intensive ...

Understood and I'm with you on this new photo promo ... might not impact the summer sailing as it's past cancellation & rebooking. Further out, say those sailing this Fall into next year - this could be a problem, especially on the mega-ships.

NCL's outsourced photo staff can/should learn a few tricks from other lines as "they" got facial recognition down to a science, never once did asked for stateroom #'s and nearly all (95%) the photos were in our binder/e-folders when we went looking. In the old days, dirty fingerprints from strangers were a common sighting as folks go on the hunt for their own prints.

Last year on the BA, I think we saw the photographer(s - :confused:) only once - twice at most, while we dine in one of the MDR, as we ate in Manhattan, Taste & Savor on 5 out of 7 nights (not buffet people for the evening ... occassionally for breakfast & lunch) - photographer was in LeBistro 1 out of 2 nights as we sat thru our 1 hour & 45 minutes course (shorter this time - hopefully - since we are only doing the 3 course Platinum "special", later this month)

I'm doubtful that they will add extra "staff" or crew to do photos b/c of this promotion, sure - they will be at the gangways & roaming - the odds of getting "lots" of picture ... who knows. Somehow, I don't think so.

Nevermind just 500 staterooms with this "free" photo package - mixed in with the "regulars" willing to pay for pro pictures, all trying to get their studio shots in the altrium or other spots on the ship (there's an area on deck 6 AFT past the 2 smaller MDR that they used for portraits) ... good luck, even with reservations & appointment time, LOL.

Memo to myself, keep our eyes open for it & check to see in about 2 weeks when we sail the BA.

Edited by mking8288

No comparison between the previous and current promo.

But if you look at the entire history of the Freestyle Choice / Free at Sea promo since December 2014, the current version is somewhere in the middle. I think it's a good thing for them to change up the offer every few weeks, and I don't expect it to get better and better every time.

Nevermind just 500 staterooms with this "free" photo package - mixed in with the "regulars" willing to pay for pro pictures, all trying to get their studio shots in the altrium or other spots on the ship (there's an area on deck 6 AFT past the 2 smaller MDR that they used for portraits) ... good luck, even with reservations & appointment time, LOL.

Unless the current offer goes on for many more months, there will not be 500 staterooms on any sailing with the free photos. But the fact that they require you to claim all the photos in one transaction means that everyone will wait until the last day to pick their photos, and it doesn't take that many people to turn the photo gallery into a madhouse (especially if the last day is a port day, everyone will wait until the last evening).

Logic:

Here is my thought process - 1500+ suites book with the free photo package.

Now, they all want to do all the photo shoots that are set up all over the ship.

The lines that are usually bearable now become very long - as they pictures are "free" so lets take them.

Again - this is just my personal thoughts - your logic and your personal thoughts might be very different - my dear husband always tells me my logic can be very skewed at times. But it is my logic.

Your logic only makes sense if every single cabin (or your hypothetical 1500+) on your sailing made their reservations between May 1st and May 22th of this month.

My guess is that many, many people booked your ship prior to this month before this 21 day promotion window.. and many, many more will be booking in the months to come long after this promotion is gone.

My kids spent $300 in the arcade on the Breakaway. I blocked them from being able to buy anything this past cruise. (Wanted to block my husband too but it would block him from being able to pretty much use his card at all!). Still wouldn't go for this promo because the arcade is the biggest waste of money!

Rumor has it that the next ncl promo will include free suites, No-cost beverages (including red bull, espresso, and bottled water), free shore excursions, free first class flights, limo service to the pier, unlimited upgraded dining, $500 onboard credit, and student loan payoffs. Also, no mandatory service fees on anything. Plus, the original cast of Hamilton will be performing as will Bruno Mars. Again, totally free. is that good enough?

Rumor has it that the next ncl promo will include free suites, No-cost beverages (including red bull, espresso, and bottled water), free shore excursions, free first class flights, limo service to the pier, unlimited upgraded dining, $500 onboard credit, and student loan payoffs. Also, no mandatory service fees on anything. Plus, the original cast of Hamilton will be performing as will Bruno Mars. Again, totally free. is that good enough?

I'm in!

Now, if they'll include a quilting studio with views of the ocean for sea days, it'll be perfect. :D

Ok question. Do we thing SDP is gone for good? Just got off the getaway and had an amazing time. Ready to book again but was saddened to learn they got rid of the SDP in the May promotion. Anybody think it will come back? And say I book the May promotion but the April is better can you change? Or better to just cancel get deposit back and rebook?

And just read terms and conditions did anybody look into the guarantee balcony getting the promo cause the terms make it seem like its not. And as for the SDP according to the terms even if u book a suite its for Hawaii cruises only. Anybody confirm this

And just read terms and conditions did anybody look into the guarantee balcony getting the promo cause the terms make it seem like its not. And as for the SDP according to the terms even if u book a suite its for Hawaii cruises only. Anybody confirm this

I just called NCL and they are not offering promo for guarantee bookings. (Probably because they charge $300-$400 more for balcony that is not guarantee and that covers the cost of a package).

Do we thing SDP is gone for good? Just got off the getaway and had an amazing time. Ready to book again but was saddened to learn they got rid of the SDP in the May promotion. Anybody think it will come back? And say I book the May promotion but the April is better can you change? Or better to just cancel get deposit back and rebook?
You can no longer get the April promo, but I guess you meant June or July, or some other future promo. As long as you are outside of final payment, you can switch your booking to a new promo. It is basically a cancel and rebook (without the actual hassle of refunding and reapplying your deposit, etc.). Meaning that you can't just ask them to add the new perks, you also have to accept the new price (which may be higher) and everything else that would come with a brand new booking created on that day.

I would be willing to bet that the SDP will come back next month or so. I think they are trying to fill up their summer sailings right now without having to give too much away. For example they can lower prices to encourage new bookings without everybody who is already booked calling in to get the price drop (because the promo was better when they booked and they would lose their perks). But by June/July everyone will be locked in for the summer so maybe they can bring back a more generous promo.

That's what they did last year, anyway. So if I were you, I would just be patient.

My kids spent $300 in the arcade on the Breakaway. I blocked them from being able to buy anything this past cruise. (Wanted to block my husband too but it would block him from being able to pretty much use his card at all!). Still wouldn't go for this promo because the arcade is the biggest waste of money!

I can certainly see your $300 pain. 😢. That's vwhy my nephew's card was and will be blocked. However, I took the arcade promotion. It only applies to first two in cabin so we can use responsibly. We like air hockey, bowling, side ball and my mother still has her 1960s pinball skills so it will be a fun treat and family time. We avoided the arcade last trip.

However at $300 I can see taking the position that they have spent their cruise arcade allotments for life, at least on your folio. 😉