on board drinks upgrade

We are on board Ovation now. We have the select drinks package,which before we boarded was £29.90 Premium £39.90 including gratuities. We were told we could only upgrade on board not before. Now on board it is $64 for premium and then 18% gratuities, does this seem correct ?

We are on board Ovation now. We have the select drinks package,which before we boarded was £29.90 Premium £39.90 including gratuities. We were told we could only upgrade on board not before. Now on board it is $64 for premium and then 18% gratuities, does this seem correct ?

No, but it seems like a lot of prices might in flux on that sailing, including the Internet.

The price for Premium has been $49 (before gratuity) as recently this flyer dated 27-April:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

The $64 could be the price with gratuity and 10% VAT, but if they want to add gratuities to the $64, it does not make sense to me.

Flyer on ovation today. Prices without tips.

Very surprising that the prices are without tips. I thought they included tips in prices for cruises out of the UK.

Very surprising that the prices are without tips. I thought they included tips in prices for cruises out of the UK.

Exactly this does not seem right to me . I was expecting to pay around £140 and now it is £200 surely they can't increase it by that much ?

Edited by debgreg

Wow!! We have the select for our sailing in October and was going to upgrade on the ship but this does seem very expensive. Is there no way of doing it before you cruise?

Nope you can't upgrade at home. I have just been to guest services and they said the online price is nothing to do with them this price is correct. They said it is corporate policy nothing to do with the. Just went in the pub and there was no red wine under 12$ so making select a waste of money. If I had known I would have booked a guarantee and then booked premium online for less than I paid to by the way get select free

Nope you can't upgrade at home. I have just been to guest services and they said the online price is nothing to do with them this price is correct. They said it is corporate policy nothing to do with the. Just went in the pub and there was no red wine under 12$ so making select a waste of money. If I had known I would have booked a guarantee and then booked premium online for less than I paid to by the way get select free

25 dollars is alot per day.I will have to think about the upgrade now. Thanks for the info

The Main Dining Room should have some wines by the glass that are within the limits of the Select package.

The Main Dining Room should have some wines by the glass that are within the limits of the Select package.

Yes some of the other bars have a couple Bob, but I think it might be because a lot of people have booked on the Bogo with free select, even though as previously reported it wasn't free anyway.

We are on Vision on 21 this month with the 'free ' select package.

On my cruise planner, the premium package is £5.59 per day more.

I emailed RCCL and asked if I could pay this in advance but was told I could only do this on board at $15 per day (about £10)

Yes some of the other bars have a couple Bob, but I think it might be because a lot of people have booked on the Bogo with free select, even though as previously reported it wasn't free anyway.

If the prices onboard are as posted above, then I think it's a chicken...t thing for the cruise line to do, giving a "free" Seelct package and then making the next package so much more expensive.

If the prices onboard are as posted above, then I think it's a chicken...t thing for the cruise line to do, giving a "free" Seelct package and then making the next package so much more expensive.

Totally agree Bob, our first Royal experience is tasting rather sour at the minute

We're booked for the Adventure Oct 1st cruise on the BOGO50 promo. The cruise price also included BOGO half off on Premium Bev Pkgs. So I called to upgrade one pkg to an Ultimate Pkg. I was told that I would be requred to purchase the entire pkg. So I ask for a a C&A rep, she told me that I could upgrade for the difference while on the ship.

This will be interesting.