FOS Price with 60% Sale

I'm not a frequent poster (or cruiser) for RCCL, but I was just checking the website and they have a 6-night FOS in March-April 2017 for (in total with taxes) $1637 CDN with the 60% sale.

That appears to be a really great price...am I wrong?

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

Ok, that's terrible then. Having said that it's the way prices seem to be going. We had a JS for our honeymoon on FOS 3 years ago and it was just under 2000 total CAD.

Yep... 3 years ago would have been when the global economy was worse than it is now, shortly after the Costa Concordia tragedy, around the time of the Carnival Poop Cruise, and when Royal Caribbean tended to put an emphasis on sailing with the ship full no matter how low they had to cut price. Things were definitely cheaper back then.

Ok, that's terrible then. Having said that it's the way prices seem to be going. We had a JS for our honeymoon on FOS 3 years ago and it was just under 2000 total CAD.

Ok, so considering all of the pricing woes on all lines, this is still a bad price? Comparing a JS 3 years ago isn't the same thing as now.

What should one typically expect to pay for a Freedom Class ship at the end of March? The total price was in Canadian Dollars, not US.

Ok, so considering all of the pricing woes on all lines, this is still a bad price? Comparing a JS 3 years ago isn't the same thing as now.

What should one typically expect to pay for a Freedom Class ship at the end of March? The total price was in Canadian Dollars, not US.

What is the exchange rate for you right now?

Well you are looking at spring break, but that doesn't seem like a bargain regardless. We've sailed from SJU in 7 night balcony rooms the past few years at spring break for @1600US total for two people.

Cabin aside, and I must ask this: Is this per person or for two in the cabin?

If two, it still sounds expensive.

Just so I know more about RCCL pricing, what price should I be looking for in terms of it being a good price for a 6-7 night cruise to Western Caribbean?

$300, $400, $500 US per person?

Despite what others are saying, these days getting an interior on a Freedom class ship for around $500 USD per person is about as good as you're going to get for a 6 or 7 night sailing during spring break time.

So $500 + $110 taxes/port charges = $610 USD per person x 2 = $1220 USD x 1.31 CDN/USD = $1598 CDN.

So your $1637 CDN price is in the ballpark of the lowest you could typically expect to pay these days.

Despite what others are saying, these days getting an interior on a Freedom class ship for around $500 USD per person is about as good as you're going to get for a 6 or 7 night sailing during spring break time.

So $500 + $110 taxes/port charges = $610 USD per person x 2 = $1220 USD x 1.31 CDN/USD = $1598 CDN.

So your $1637 CDN price is in the ballpark of the lowest you could typically expect to pay these days.

Thank you for your reply. We cannot compare what prices USED to be vs Now.

Thanks for everyone's input :)

Totals don't register with me. Too many pieces of fruit. (apples to oranges, and that sort of thing)

I always think in terms of "price per day" (per person).

$1637 CDN is about $104 USD per person per day. To me, that's high for an interior.

Totals don't register with me. Too many pieces of fruit. (apples to oranges, and that sort of thing)

$1637 CDN is about $104 USD per person per day. To me, that's high for an interior.

So what would be your top-spend for an interior on a Freedom Class ship then? $50/day?

Lately I've been using your price per day way of thinking and I like it.

So what would be your top-spend for an interior on a Freedom Class ship then? $50/day?

Good luck finding anything even remotely close to $50 per day for a 6+ night on Freedom class out of Florida, especially during Spring Break. The OP's scenario would be around $83 USD per day plus port charges/taxes.

I always think in terms of "price per day" (per person). $1637 CDN is about $104 USD per person per day. To me, that's high for an interior.

I always use a price per day/per person calculation, as well, to determine the value I'm getting for my money. But $1637 for 6 nights is actually $136pp/per day. Not a good value at all imo. I figure it's a good deal at about $60/day. A great deal at $50/day. And "you're-a-fool-if-you-don't-book-this-even-if-you-don't-have-vacation-time-left" if you can get it for $40/day. :D:D:D

Good luck finding anything even remotely close to $50 per day for a 6+ night on Freedom class out of Florida, especially during Spring Break. The OP's scenario would be around $83 USD per day plus port charges/taxes.

This is what I am trying to say! This has to be a good price for March Break! Plus, I hope posters are remembering this is in Cdn dollars, not US.

Anyways, I thank everyone for their input. It is all very helpful.

I was just looking at my bookings at a price per day just before I read this....lol...I like thinking of it that way too.

We are booked on Freedom the week after, which is the 8 day.

We have an aft D1 balcony that we booked on board and we are at approx. $155 p/p....I think that may be high but we like the ship, like having the extra night, love the balcony location and like the itinerary...so I guess for us its worth it.

Oh, hhhhmmm................$75 to $80 for an interior. (double occupancy)

But again, if it's an important date for you, pay it and don't look back.

Example:

I have an absurdly cheap solo balcony cabin on the Harmony TA. (RC's newest and biggest ship) You don't even want to know. ;)

But I am biting the bullet and doing a little interior on the Grandeur this fall. It's an itinerary and timing and convenience that I like.

(oh, I forgot that. I figure the travel expenses into my brain, too. I can drive to Baltimore. I can drive to Bayonne, so higher fares on the Anthem are offset by lower get-to-the-cruise costs)

This interior on the Grandeur, one of RC's oldest & smallest ships, is costing me more per day than the balcony on the Harmony!

So there are multiple factors to weigh.

:)

I always use a price per day/per person calculation, as well, to determine the value I'm getting for my money. But $1637 for 6 nights is actually $136pp/per day. Not a good value at all imo. I figure it's a good deal at about $60/day. A great deal at $50/day. And "you're-a-fool-if-you-don't-book-this-even-if-you-don't-have-vacation-time-left" if you can get it for $40/day. :D:D:D

a. OP is talking all-in price (including taxes/port charges) and is quoting in Canadian dollars. The price they have is about $83 US per day plus taxes/port charges, $102 per day including taxes/port charges.

b. If you see an all-in "good deal" price of $60 per day on any Freedom class ship for 6+ night out of Florida in late March, you have my permission to call my phone anytime of the day or night to let me know so I can book immediately. For a 6 night sailing that would mean a cruise fare of $250 + $110 taxes/port charges. You will NOT find a $250 per person cruise fare for 6 nights on Freedom these days. That wouldn't be a "good deal", it would be a "I think there was a pricing mistake on the rccl.com website and they might not honor it" deal.

Edited by UCF_Knight