Upgrades

We are about 65 days out from our cruise. We have a balcony cabin booked. I was playing around online and noticed that there aren't many balcony cabins left but there are a bunch of suites left. I know they sometimes call and offer upgrades but has anyone gotten an upgrade offer by calling

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Doesn't hurt to call and ask. I have all the info in front of me so I can immediately determine if it is a deal and ask, "how much to upgrade to a suite?"

That's how I upgraded from an ocean view to an aft extended balcony for $160.00 a few years ago.

Good luck. :)

I wish I knew the secret!

We sail on the Valor on the 15th (10 days, yay!) and I was booking a balcony when something went wrong and all I could get was an oceanview. Been calling since and no balconies are available. In fact, the whole sailing appears to be sold out.

I'm hoping for a cancellation, but it's not looking good right now :(

What are the advantages of a suite versus a balcony? We are sailing on the victory and we have a midship balcony on the empress deck. So our cabin is in the same area as the suites.

The days of free upgrades are almost non-existent now. However, they may offer an upsell. From what I've been seeing on here lately, they never offer an upsell at a reduced price. They usually offer it at the going price hoping you will jump on it.

If you do call and ask about upgrading to a suite, find out first how much the going rate is and then you can tell if what they offer is a good deal or not.

Edited by RWolver672

The days of free upgrades are almost non-existent now. However, they may offer an upsell. From what I've been seeing on here lately, they never offer an upsell at a reduced price. They usually offer it at the going price hoping you will jump on it.

If you do call and ask about upgrading to a suite, find out first how much the going rate is and then you can tell if what they offer is a good deal or not.

I'm not looking for a free upgrade. I'm asking about getting a deal to upgrade.

What are the advantages of a suite versus a balcony? We are sailing on the victory and we have a midship balcony on the empress deck. So our cabin is in the same area as the suites.

Bigger room, bigger balcony, express embarkment

Not true. We were able to upgrade from an inside 4A to an Oceanview 6A for a total of $70 per cabin last December. They called me 2 weeks before sailing and offered me the deal for both our cabins. The online price was about $200. And $70 was still a lot better deal than the price we would have gotten had we booked an OV right off the bat. Have to say we were very happy with our upsell!

Edited by firemanbobswife

I wish I knew the secret!

We sail on the Valor on the 15th (10 days, yay!) and I was booking a balcony when something went wrong and all I could get was an oceanview. Been calling since and no balconies are available. In fact, the whole sailing appears to be sold out.

I'm hoping for a cancellation, but it's not looking good right now :(

If you booked a balcony, that's what you should get. A non balcony cabin would be a definite deal breaker. We do not sail without a balcony. What went wrong, don't you have a booking number with cabin confirmed.

If you booked a balcony, that's what you should get. A non balcony cabin would be a definite deal breaker. We do not sail without a balcony. What went wrong, don't you have a booking number with cabin confirmed.

From what I understand from the post is that she was in the process of booking balcony on-line and by the time she finished, the balcony was no longer available.

From what I understand from the post is that she was in the process of booking balcony on-line and by the time she finished, the balcony was no longer available.

That would be 'he' not she, and yes, probably our own fault, but we were unable to complete the original booking, so when we eventually were able to, the balconies were sold.

Still calling every couple days in the hope that something opens up.

I agree. In August we had booked a balcony and the upsell people e-mailed us every other day. The price per person went from 1500 to 1000 to 750. A few days before I just told them we can't do 750, can you do 500. They said yes. Best money ever spent. Butler service, fresh fruit everyday,Champagne. You might still be able to get a balcony. Keep the faith!

I agree. In August we had booked a balcony and the upsell people e-mailed us every other day. The price per person went from 1500 to 1000 to 750. A few days before I just told them we can't do 750, can you do 500. They said yes. Best money ever spent. Butler service, fresh fruit everyday,Champagne. You might still be able to get a balcony. Keep the faith!

Butler service? Fruit and Champagne? Was this on Celebrity?

It was. We had to jump at it. We have been on about 8 cruises over the years and have never been called or e-mailed by the upsell fairy. So we were so glad, but were not willing to spend more then that to upgrade.