Water package gone from Princess

I checked the personalizer for my next cruise and it's not showing anywhere obvious there, so maybe they have stopped providing it. Maybe it wasn't popular enough.

You can just slap a luggage label on a slab of water bottles and they will deliver it to your stateroom. Much cheaper that way. Note - if the sides of the shrink wrap are a bit loose stick some clear package tape around it, otherwise you might lose a bottle or two.

Isn't bottled water included in the soda & more package?

I checked the personalizer for my next cruise and it's not showing anywhere obvious there, so maybe they have stopped providing it. Maybe it wasn't popular enough.

You can just slap a luggage label on a slab of water bottles and they will deliver it to your stateroom. Much cheaper that way. Note - if the sides of the shrink wrap are a bit loose stick some clear package tape around it, otherwise you might lose a bottle or two.

Isn't bottled water included in the soda & more package?

No water included, and the water is for Mrs Gut and all she gets is a coffee card.

No water included, and the water is for Mrs Gut and all she gets is a coffee card.

Bummer!

A slab of 750ml Pump bottles lasts a fair while - I took one onboard Sun on our first cruise, plus we bought some bigger bottles of water in Fiji to eke out the supply. That was a 13 day cruise.

Hmm, I wonder why they don't include bottled water in the soda package. Seems weird to me. They do have it in the AIBP which is why I've stopped taking it onboard with me.

I just go to one of the ship's bars every couple of days and purchase a couple of 1.25 litre bottles of spring water. Think it is about $3.50 or $4 on Princess. Too heavy to struggle on board at embarkation/ports with a load of water, although you see pax doing it.

Edited by NSWP

Is still on ours (golden,oct) $7.59 for 12 500ml bottles

And on ours Island Princess in November, might pre order some right now, plus a bottle of Chivas Regal to dilute the said spring water.

Ill wait until we decide if we are going aibp,i suppose if you purchase the water now and they take it away,they are just going to say,sorry un-avaliable. But i hope they have it in some form,because were the hell in china are we going to buy 2 slabs of water and get it to the ship,we have enough luggage as it is:eek::eek:

And on ours Island Princess in November, might pre order some right now, plus a bottle of Chivas Regal to dilute the said spring water.

You'll definitely need to dilute it uncle Les

Ill wait until we decide if we are going aibp,i suppose if you purchase the water now and they take it away,they are just going to say,sorry un-avaliable. But i hope they have it in some form,because were the hell in china are we going to buy 2 slabs of water and get it to the ship,we have enough luggage as it is:eek::eek:

No AIBP because it's only 7 days

Which cruise are you on Gut? I have heard conflicting reports about the availability of AIBP on sub 8 day cruises, some mentions of it being available for purchase on board on the Tas trips. However I did check my personalizer and the water package seems to be missing from it as well and I know it was there for at least the Nov 16 and Apr 17 cruises previously.

Which cruise are you on Gut? I have heard conflicting reports about the availability of AIBP on sub 8 day cruises, some mentions of it being available for purchase on board on the Tas trips. However I did check my personalizer and the water package seems to be missing from it as well and I know it was there for at least the Nov 16 and Apr 17 cruises previously.

We're non drinkers so it doesn't matter much.

But Tas in dec : 7 days, AIBP definitely not on our personaliser, water package was but has now disappeared, now only offering soda and more or coffee card.

We've got more OBC than we can jump over, so that'll pay for my Softdrink package and Mrs Gut's coffee (actually tea) card. We can always just buy bottles of water but they tend to be the bigger bottles and she likes the little 500 ml ones during the night.

It's not a big issue, just one of those little things, there one day gone the next.

We're non drinkers so it doesn't matter much.

But Tas in dec : 7 days, AIBP definitely not on our personaliser, water package was but has now disappeared, now only offering soda and more or coffee card.

We've got more OBC than we can jump over, so that'll pay for my Softdrink package and Mrs Gut's coffee (actually tea) card. We can always just buy bottles of water but they tend to be the bigger bottles and she likes the little 500 ml ones during the night.

It's not a big issue, just one of those little things, there one day gone the next.

If there's no water package, we always buy the bigger bottles, or bring them on board at ports, and decant into the smaller bottles we've brought from home. We both like the small bottles for our bedside table and for taking around the ship or on shore during the day.

I'm the opposite - I like a 1 litre Aroona pop-top bottle for bedside use. If I'm having a bad night I can drink close to a litre of water during the night. Also I've "drowned" myself too many times with regular screwtops trying to have a drink when I'm half asleep, which is why I like the pop-tops. I always take a bottle on board with me and top it up from large bottles, or small bottles left over from shore trips. If I'm starting my cruise from an overseas port my Aroona bottle is in my check-in luggage, nested in two layers of plastic bags.

In emergency I can make do with a 750 ml Pump bottle but then I like to have two of them on my bedside table. :D

We can always just buy bottles of water but they tend to be the bigger bottles and she likes the little 500 ml ones during the night.

Does Mrs Gut have a preference to the type of water she likes? Otherwise there are plenty of 24 x 500 or 600ml bottle packs available from the supermarkets. Much cheaper than buying onboard too.

Does Mrs Gut have a preference to the type of water she likes? Otherwise there are plenty of 24 x 500 or 600ml bottle packs available from the supermarkets. Much cheaper than buying onboard too.

She's not overly fussy (can't be she married me after all) she does favour the smaller bottles, mainly because she isn't exactly big herself and has a bit of trouble handling the big bottles, especially during the night. I think we'll either grab a dozen at Woolies the day before. Or take a bottle or two with us and just top them up.

I take a water filter bottle, 1 litre size and then decant into smaller bottles for use. Started doing this on 54 night cruise when I added up how much water would cost. I was already paying premium charges in an interior cabin as a single.

This has worked for me all over the world including Asia using water from hotels etc with no problems.