Seeking info on balcony cabins

takemewithyou

:)Haven't been on Azamara in 6 years but have been reading about refit of ships.....however I am unclear if all the cabins have been redone.

Have the regular balcony cabins been redone?

Are the dreaded shower curtains gone?

Thanks

Hi takemewithyou,

Yes, ALL staterooms and suites were refurbished during the dry-docks.

But, no, the shower curtains in the staterooms were not removed.

Personally I haven't had any problem with the curtain while showering. A guest told me that if you wet the inside of the curtain it is much less bothersome.

We were on journey in August 15 and March 16.

Linens, carpets and fixtures were new and improved. Chairs were new.

Desk/cupboards were old, including balcony furniture. Stickers have been bizarrely put on the centre section of cupboard & desk doors to make it appear lighter but it is a little amateurish to be honest.

I don't know if the mattresses are changed but we found the beds on both trips to be extremely comfortable and slept really well.

We were on journey in August 15 and March 16.

Linens, carpets and fixtures were new and improved. Chairs were new.

Desk/cupboards were old, including balcony furniture. Stickers have been bizarrely put on the centre section of cupboard & desk doors to make it appear lighter but it is a little amateurish to be honest.

I don't know if the mattresses are changed but we found the beds on both trips to be extremely comfortable and slept really well.

Balcony furniture was replaced in the 2012/2013 drydock, so they aren't "old," and having a dining-height table makes meals comfortable on the balcony. Compare with the junk sling chairs and small, low table on Oceania Sirena's balcony staterooms.

Mattresses were also replaced in 2012/2013. Wall coverings are new in both bedroom and bath. TV is new.

Edited by marinaro44

Personally I haven't had any problem with the curtain while showering. A guest told me that if you wet the inside of the curtain it is much less bothersome.

I haven't had an issue with the shower curtain either. The bathroom is small, but very efficient.

Phil

I haven't had an issue with the shower curtain either. The bathroom is small, but very efficient.

Phil

I never had much of an issue, either, but I was hoping perhaps during refit, they changed to glass doors. No big deal, though.

The pictures I have seen online look nice though they do mainly feature suites.

Are the baths in the regular balcony rooms similar in design style to the suites? Not the size obviously, but in the design style?

I never had much of an issue, either, but I was hoping perhaps during refit, they changed to glass doors. No big deal, though.

The pictures I have seen online look nice though they do mainly feature suites.

Are the baths in the regular balcony rooms similar in design style to the suites? Not the size obviously, but in the design style?

Yes, design style and colour scheme is similar, but the sinks are as was whereas they are completely new in the CC suites. Do a YouTube search "Azamara Journey Club Verandah" and there are videos. Unfortunately I can't give you a direct link to the most recent one because the publisher has used it to promote a travel agency business, but do a search and you'll find it.

Phil

It looks like Quest doesn't have the lighter panels, just the wood and new handles.

Phil

Yes, design style and colour scheme is similar, but the sinks are as was whereas they are completely new in the CC suites. Do a YouTube search "Azamara Journey Club Verandah" and there are videos. Unfortunately I can't give you a direct link to the most recent one because the publisher has used it to promote a travel agency business, but do a search and you'll find it.

Phil

That was very helpful.....thanks! :D

The rooms look very fresh. Light and modern now.

I see what you mean about the sinks....they are the same in the verandah cabin.

The bedding looks great.

Thanks Bonnie and Phil.:).

Are we talking new mattresses, new linens, new carpeting, new furniture, new fixtures?

Anyone have any links to photos of balcony cabins?

I have loads of photos of the Reimagined Journey on her second cruise out after dry dock. The Journey review is linked in my signature. I also have a "ships tour" on our website, (also linked below, look for ships tours drop down menu on top left) if you'd prefer to see photos without the narrative. We had a regular verandah cabin and it was all redone. Dark woods, with light white panels, new carpet, bedding, and tile. The bathroom layout didn't change, we were told, and the curtain is still there.

Edited by Familygoboston

I have loads of photos of the Reimagined Journey on her second cruise out after dry dock. The Journey review is linked in my signature. I also have a "ships tour" on our website, (also linked below, look for ships tours drop down menu on top left) if you'd prefer to see photos without the narrative. We had a regular verandah cabin and it was all redone. Dark woods, with light white panels, new carpet, bedding, and tile. The bathroom layout didn't change, we were told, and the curtain is still there.

Thanks so much for the link to your pictures and blog. Really enjoyed viewing it all. The pictures are fabulous! :)

Thanks so much for the link to your pictures and blog. Really enjoyed viewing it all. The pictures are fabulous! :)

You can blame my hubby for the photos! (He says thank you!) I think you will like the new decor, very light and modern! Enjoy!

You can blame my hubby for the photos! (He says thank you!) I think you will like the new decor, very light and modern! Enjoy!

I think you mentioned in your review that you considered the Night in Private Places....did you ever get to try it and if so, how did you like it?

I appreciate the time you guys took in creating your blog with pictures and narratives. Really nice work. We're excited to be on the Quest out of NOLA in a few months, and you've given us a lot to look forward to.

Not to thread-jack, but about your blog...in the past we have used the "Pages" application on our Apple devices (iPad or Macbook) and send out virtual newsletters / e-postcards to family and friends - like 4 times for a 2-week cruise. We've noticed it getting more difficult to send because the pictures take up so much room - and there's the occasional bounce-back from someone's email server.

Do you craft your blog while on board and add to it throughout the duration of your cruise? Or do you do this when you return. I'm wondering if blogging our travel would be a time-saver for us, while we can simply send a link to family, rather than a media and content-heavy email (Pages, etc.).

Thanks again for the blog, you folks have done a terrific job! I like that there is no (or minimal) advertising and the layout is fresh and easy to follow!

Gary

Edited by Mermen