Boston and transportation

manteonc

Leaving in less than a week for 14 day Bermuda/Canada out of Boston. Just lucked into hotwire for Boston Harbor Hotel for $245!!! So, now what is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? I see a ferry, is it reasonably walkable from the terminal to this hotel, or do we just need to uber or cab from the airport? How far is the cruise terminal for the next morning. Very excited to explore Boston.

You can take the water taxi from Logan. The water taxi pulls up at the back of your hotel. The cruise port is not far from the hotel. You can take a taxi or the water taxi stops at the port. I don't know how many stop the water taxi makes from the hotel to the port. If you take the water taxi to the hotel, just ask them.

Edited by WELDON

Does anyone know coming off a TA if we could catch a 11:54 flight home or would we be better with the 12:35 flight or later. Thank you.

If the ship arrives on time, you should be fine with 11:54.

When I did a similar TA on Brilliance, I was on the street at 9:00 am waiting for my husband to pick me up. I self-disembarked, but it appeared that all the luggage was already offloaded into the terminal. We docked promptly at 6 am as scheduled.

Logan Airport is 15 min through the Ted Williams tunnel.

Logan Airport is right across the harbor from Black Falcon Terminal. If you're up at 5:30 am to see the sail in, you will see all the runway lights as you pass by and turn to the pier.

Boston seems to have its act together in terms of expediting folks off the ship. The customs check was on deck 5 as you walked off the ship. US citizens showed their passports and gave the guy the customs form and that was it. Luggage was picked up afterwards on the dock and you walked out of the terminal onto the street.

That sounds like the way to go. They must separate the luggage for an easy find. Rechecking that earlier flight, it won't work out, it gives us less the 40 minutes to change planes in Denver. You need no less then 1 hr or a little more in that airport. We are better off with the 12:38 Flight on American, it gives us an Hour & 15 Min in DFW. Just hope it drops as they are higher then United.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We're flying in a day ahead of our NE/Canada cruise that departs Boston on September 23. We'll be staying at the Omni Parker Hotel and sightseeing on September 22. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port the next day. There will be three of us. I've been to Boston but it's been years ago, and I'm familiar with the City. We plan to spend out day walking part of the Freedom Trail, taking one of the Trolley lines and doing a harbor cruise. We don't have to be onboard until 3:00 pm but will probably check in a little earlier, so will have some sightseeing time on September 23. Would appreciate recommendations on transportation from airport to hotel to cruise dock and any suggestions on sightseeing. I'm a history buff, so will definitely want to concentrate on the historic district.

We're flying in a day ahead of our NE/Canada cruise that departs Boston on September 23. We'll be staying at the Omni Parker Hotel and sightseeing on September 22. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port the next day. There will be three of us. I've been to Boston but it's been years ago, and I'm familiar with the City. We plan to spend out day walking part of the Freedom Trail, taking one of the Trolley lines and doing a harbor cruise. We don't have to be onboard until 3:00 pm but will probably check in a little earlier, so will have some sightseeing time on September 23. Would appreciate recommendations on transportation from airport to hotel to cruise dock and any suggestions on sightseeing. I'm a history buff, so will definitely want to concentrate on the historic district.

Well you've picked an historic hotel right on the Freedom Trail. Cab is your best option from the airport and to the port.

You might want to check out the guided Freedom Trail tours offered by the National Park Service.

Many thanks, Carol. Yes, we chose the hotel based on location and the fact that we need to maximize our limited sightseeing time. I'll check out the guided Freedom Trail walks. Hadn't heard about those.

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to consider a Duck Boat tour too (instead of the trolley). At least compare the two. Even as life-long Boston locals we love the Duck Tour for a fun view of the city and a trip down the Charles.

Enjoy the Omni Parker and don't forget to try a piece of their Boston Cream Pie- it's where the original one was served. It's a beautiful hotel. The only downside is that most of the rooms are REALLY tiny, but we enjoyed ourselves the last time we stayed there.

You may want to consider a Duck Boat tour too (instead of the trolley). At least compare the two. Even as life-long Boston locals we love the Duck Tour for a fun view of the city and a trip down the Charles.

Enjoy the Omni Parker and don't forget to try a piece of their Boston Cream Pie- it's where the original one was served. It's a beautiful hotel. The only downside is that most of the rooms are REALLY tiny, but we enjoyed ourselves the last time we stayed there.

Thanks Gigi--funny coincidence but that's what my grandchildren call me. Thanks for the tip about the Boston cream pie. I didn't know that fun fact. We'll definitely try it. I'll check out the duck boat tours. Any recommendations for a good place for dinner--preferably that is known for their seafood?

Any recommendations for a good place for dinner--preferably that is known for their seafood?

James Hook, Neptune Oyster, Atlantic Fish Company, The Sail Loft or the classic Union Oyster House.

Of course there's Legal Seafood, too. But it's a chain restaurant, not quite what it used to be, though still a good option.

Check out Trip Advisor for specific details.

Darcy

James Hook, Neptune Oyster, Atlantic Fish Company, The Sail Loft or the classic Union Oyster House.

Of course there's Legal Seafood, too. But it's a chain restaurant, not quite what it used to be, though still a good option.

Check out Trip Advisor for specific details.

Darcy

Any opinion of the Chat House on long pier?

It's fine, but it's a national chain, so I don't recommend it.

Legal's on the other hand, is also a chain but they have many subchains ("C Bar", for instance) and one offs (Test Kitchen) which are unique. The Legal's nearest to Black Falcon (Legal Harborside) is 3 unique restaurants in one building. Downstairs is a casual restaurant with some of Legal's traditional items plus many modern additions. 2nd Floor is one of Boston's finest fancy restaurants. 3rd Floor is more of lounge/bar with outside areas.

Check out Rowes Warf Hotel, on your way home they have a deal pick you up from cruise terminal, keep your bags, so you can enjoy Boston then a ferry to Logan airport, was like $30 each. Check out Galerio Umberto on Hanover st north end cash only great cheap, Excellent Italian food, amazing great cheap eats.

Our 1st TA and 1st time using Boston Seaport arriving on Sept 13. We have a friend driving from Western Mass to pick us up. I know it is a guess, but what is a a good time for him to arrive at the port? Thanks

Our 1st TA and 1st time using Boston Seaport arriving on Sept 13. We have a friend driving from Western Mass to pick us up. I know it is a guess, but what is a a good time for him to arrive at the port? Thanks

The year I did this TA I was off the ship by 9 am waiting for my husband to arrive. We were scheduled in at 6 am and we arrived promptly. I self disembarked, but all the luggage was sitting there in the terminal. Had to be one of the easiest low key disembarkations ever.

You're arriving on a weekday however, so take that into account for your friend. I would suggest a target time of 10 am to miss the inbound rush hour traffic.

Carol do you know what dock Brilliance of the seas uses and which bus stop on the SL2 would be better. Am I correct in thinking from bus stop to terminal would be about 75 yards

What cruise are you on? What day of the week? Are you traveling with luggage? If so, where are you coming from on the T?