VOOM Pricing doesn't make sense

The pricing is seriously off, but thanks to this thread, you saved me 27 bucks!. They offered "30% off" at $11.99. Now, at 30% off, its $8.99 now. I cancelled my old one at 107, and bought it at 80!

Thanks guys. I know that onboard, the pricing is $17.99/day so the 30% off isn't quite computing, but hey, I'll go with this alternative math.

The pricing is seriously off, but thanks to this thread, you saved me 27 bucks!. They offered "30% off" at $11.99. Now, at 30% off, its $8.99 now. I cancelled my old one at 107, and bought it at 80!

Thanks guys. I know that onboard, the pricing is $17.99/day so the 30% off isn't quite computing, but hey, I'll go with this alternative math.

New math! :rolleyes:

I just want to make sure that I understand this before I buy it. You are saying that I could essentially buy 1 package and share it between our 4 devices, as long as only 1 is used at a time? It doesn't seem to make sense as I would think that they would have a hard time selling the multi-device packages then.

I just want to make sure that I understand this before I buy it. You are saying that I could essentially buy 1 package and share it between our 4 devices, as long as only 1 is used at a time? It doesn't seem to make sense as I would think that they would have a hard time selling the multi-device packages then.

That is correct.

The multi-device packages would work for a family, each of which wants to be connected continuously.

One device for my sailing went down to $8.99 but 2 devices are $21.99. When I go to purchase 2 devices my total is $197.91 while I can purchase 2 individual 1 device packages and my total is $161.82.

So... unless I'm missing something, wouldn't it make sense to buy separate 1 device packages and save $36?

Edited by jsacco20
Didn't mean to quote.

Swoopy2110- No need to insult my intelligence. Just a swift reminder as to why I never post on these boards.

I agree. I don't get why people need to be rude and mean. Any question is OK IMO. Never a stupid question!

Yup I don't post on here as much as I used to because people are very snarky. A ton of helpful people, but enough A-holes to ruin the whole experience.

One device for my sailing went down to $8.99 but 2 devices are $21.99. When I go to purchase 2 devices my total is $197.91 while I can purchase 2 individual 1 device packages and my total is $161.82.

So... unless I'm missing something, wouldn't it make sense to buy separate 1 device packages and save $36?

You are not missing anything. If you need to have 2 devices connected at the same time then purchasing 2 single device packages is the way to go.

You are not missing anything. If you need to have 2 devices connected at the same time then purchasing 2 single device packages is the way to go.

Thanks! I figure having 2 devices between the 3 of us should be good! That gives my husband and I access to one and my daughter the other. I need something to occupy her (Netflix) so we can sleep till maybe 7:30 during the 10 days :)

Keep checking the price in your cruise planner. I booked a 1 device package for our Oasis cruise in a few weeks many months ago at £6.60. I checked last week and the 2 device package was £9 so went with that. Just checked today and a 1 device package is £4 so bought that for both of us. Strange how it keeps changing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep checking the price in your cruise planner. I booked a 1 device package for our Oasis cruise in a few weeks many months ago at £6.60. I checked last week and the 2 device package was £9 so went with that. Just checked today and a 1 device package is £4 so bought that for both of us. Strange how it keeps changing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll keep checking! Thanks!