Status Match Question

Sheltieluv

Thanks Annietownsend

Will have to call them. Not sure what I will get for Carnival Gold. I'm having some difficulty linking my existing account with my current booking and finding my boarding and luggage tickets. I find that their website has a lot of glitches.

Definitely give them a call. I'm not sure what their guidelines are for Carnival. I only checked for NCL. The Rep said that the website isn't working (I think it hasn't been working for a few years!) but they are incredibly responsive via phone and direct email. I have read that although there are major issues with the website the cruise line is worth it and there are no issues with them. :-) enjoy your cruise!

Hi ,

I filled out the online form on their website. Not sure if it went through , all that came up was a box saying it was send . Does their website work?

Roxy, I've just done the status match from NCL Platinum to MSC Black. I filled out the form, got no confirmation, however, when I called to book the cruise (I was going to book whether we got matched or not) the PVP told me we'd been matched to black. When I checked on the website I found the info but it was 2 weeks before I got the actual email showing that we'd been matched to Black with our club # and the privileges it included.

If you filled out the info you can either call or just wait a bit to book. Good luck, hope it works out for you too. :)

Thank you Annietownsend and all ready 2 cruise .

I had booked since last year for next month sailing. Only found out about the status match a couple of days ago. I don't think that after paying your final payment they will give any perks.?

Saw this new feature of matching.......already MSC Gold.....but what do they match for us.....HAL three stars or Princess Platinum.....we have those also.....what extra perks would I get for Msc if get the black????......thinking about a MSC cruise again....Ken

We received our status match upgrade last week. As stated earlier, completing the online application yields no results, just an automated reply. After reading this forum, my wife called MSC and a representative provided her with a status match application to fill out and return to his email address. We completed separate status match applications and returned them along with pictures of our Carnival Platinum cards to the representative's provided email address. A couple of days later we received confirmation of our status match upgrade to MSC Gold status. This will be our second MSC Cruise, the first on the MSC Musica was on par with the other cruises we've taken, so I look forward to cruising on the Divina.

Thank you Annietownsend and all ready 2 cruise .

I had booked since last year for next month sailing. Only found out about the status match a couple of days ago. I don't think that after paying your final payment they will give any perks.?

I applied around last Nov. and never heard. Sent them an email to their contact info - no reply. I read on here about someone saying to try again as their website was not working back then but is now. So I applied again via their website about 1.5 weeks ago. Got notification of status match this past Friday. I presume that is from the most recent submission.

I applied around last Nov. and never heard. Sent them an email to their contact info - no reply. I read on here about someone saying to try again as their website was not working back then but is now. So I applied again via their website about 1.5 weeks ago. Got notification of status match this past Friday. I presume that is from the most recent submission.

Thanks Dexddd,

I tried again online on their website.(At least they got to match my booking to my profile account )

Hoping it worked, otherwise have to call them. When calling its always such a long hold before someone answers :(

My dear H says perhaps it's weekend staff .

I applied on the web site on Thursday evening and got a confirmation email right away and the NEXT DAY(FRIDAY) got my status match email with my card and number!! :D;)

I applied on the web site on Thursday evening and got a confirmation email right away and the NEXT DAY(FRIDAY) got my status match email with my card and number!! :D;)

Hi Suzyed,

I resubmitted last night online but this time I didn't' get any box saying it was successfull.

Just wondering what surver (Internet explorer, mozilla firefox ..etc..) do you guys use? I used google chrome, not sure if that is why it's not working?:(

thanks

From the uk you just need to email a copy of the card you want to be matched to and fill in the application form, why not try that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Suzyed,

I resubmitted last night online but this time I didn't' get any box saying it was successfull.

Just wondering what surver (Internet explorer, mozilla firefox ..etc..) do you guys use? I used google chrome, not sure if that is why it's not working?:(

thanks

Could be? I use Safari.

Good luck!

I sent MSC a copy of the form which I downloaded yesterday. I used the Adobe fill and sign app and simply provided my Princess circle number and sent it back to them. This morning I had an email confirming our new MSC status as Black. At first it was not showing on a booking we have for November but, after another email to them, I received confirmation a few minutes later. Thrilled. They certainly are a breath of fresh air when compared with Princess.

I printed out and scanned the welcome page from my husband's and my Captain's club accounts yesterday, then e-mailed them to the address given on the status match page. We both received e-mails with our membership numbers/black cards around lunchtime today. I was quite impressed with the very short turnaround time!

Ended up calling them. Their website works on and off I was told . Received an email with the forms . It takes 3 business days to process the kind lady I spoke to said. She said Carnival Gold = MSC Silver :)

After Status match do you have to notify your TA? ( Do you still qualify for perks even if this is first time sailing and after final payment has been made since March? )

I'm not sure if the perks also qualify if I have a group booking (16+ cabins)

Edited by roxy2204

Saw this new feature of matching.......already MSC Gold.....but what do they match for us.....HAL three stars or Princess Platinum.....we have those also.....what extra perks would I get for Msc if get the black????......thinking about a MSC cruise again....Ken

Thought somebody would know before I send stuff in...send both??? and see what happens??

Thought somebody would know before I send stuff in...send both??? and see what happens??

Princess Ruby goes to Silver, Elite goes to Black, so you can have an informed guess that Platinum would be matched at Gold, but it is only a guess.

As for HAL I don't have any information other than it is the 3rd level, of five, so I doubt it will match with Black.

extra benefits for Black can be seen below

voyager%205.jpg

voyager%206.jpg

voyager%207.jpg

I'm late to this thread, but I thought I'd share my experience.

I submitted on a bank holiday weekend via the form on the website (I think I applied on the Friday or Saturday). I used a screenshot of my MyCelebrity account showing the number of points (130, meaning I was one cruise away from being a Select member).

On Monday 30th (which was a bank holiday, and just a couple days after I submitted) I got an email back from MSC confirming my silver status. When I log in I can see they've credited my account with 2,200 points. As my first MSC cruise is a week in YC, I'll be half way to Gold once that's done.

My TA retroactively applied the 5% discount to my booking, which was made before I applied for the status match.

You need to play the lottery.