Poor quality and service on Vista - new ship

Shurochk3a

We had no trouble getting food in any of the venues. Lines were short and moved quickly. As for the dirty carpets, it turned out that most of it was paint from the shipyard. Talked to numerous housekeeping staff as they used turpentine to clean as much as they could when we were ported for Rome. We also found out that staff were still coming on board during multiple later ports, thus sometimes venues were understaffed but by the end of the first week things really began to click and the ship came up to what is expected for Carnival standards. Overall We think that Carnival did an outstanding job for the inaugural cruise and the ship is fantastic!!!!!

Very poor quality ship. By far the worst Carnival experience combining with a amazing sites! Cheap, not low prices . From dirty walkways to the long lines at the breakfast buffet- Vista has a long way to go here. It is my 6 cruise on Carnival and by far the worst one. Need to get customer service back. I realized you are getting what you paying for, but it should not be as bad. Sorry , Carnival. Time to find another ways of vacationing.

I'm with you, I don't think we will ever sale Carnival again. I could cope with the no hot water one day, the no cold water another, even the sewage stink in our cabin. But the badly cooked food (3 separate raw lobsters served on formal night alone) the chefs couldn't even toast a bagel properly on lido because they did not have the correct equipment., the horrific service in the dining rooms and the worst room steward I have ever encountered, just left me wanting to get off the ship.

I found out that Carnivals fly you home guarantee is NOT good for Europe, because I was done by Dubrovnik, ultimately I was glad that we stayed on board as we did go to some wonderful places, but this ship looks like a 1970s diner crossed with a newly remodeled motel 6, except I have never had such bad service from motel 6.

This individual gives no real specifics...Purported dirty walkways and alleged long lines at the breakfast buffet. Our family puts no merit into the meager examples cited by this poster. Granted, the Vista is a new ship, she is bound to have issues and growing pains (which are being identified and rectified). We have been following her progress very closely, as family and friends will be sailing on her during the Transatlantic crossing in October 2016. The excitement expressed by her early passengers indicates to us that the Vista is truly a unique vessel. We are looking forward to having an outstanding vacation on her.

We came all the way from Miami to board this beautiful ship tomorow. I don't

Care is the Vista have a little issues we are so exited.:)

The OP is a newbie here with only 1 post so far. Hard to say if there is a hidden agenda here or not, but I will take his comment with a grain of salt!

The person starting the thread only just joined Cruise Critic and this is their very first post.......

I understand we all started at some point....but this is an interesting "first post"......

• 3 weeks later...
OMG, brand new ship and you bashed it, the crew and everything else... PERHAPS you either cruise another cruise line or go do not go on ignuaral cruises !!!

Or they were not on the ship and ......

• 1 month later...
I was told my one of the food service officers that the Tandoor was not up and running but will be added to the later cruises. I posted it based off of that. There were a few areas that were not fully up and running yet. I have a feeling though that it is not the true Tandoor though but just Asian/Indian food served with the regular buffet.

That would be nice if they add the Tandoor lunch option to the Vista. The space where it normally resides is the casual seafood spot, which is an extra cost option and opens at 2:00 p.m.

• 2 weeks later...
Very poor quality ship. By far the worst Carnival experience combining with a amazing sites! Cheap, not low prices . From dirty walkways to the long lines at the breakfast buffet- Vista has a long way to go here. It is my 6 cruise on Carnival and by far the worst one. Need to get customer service back. I realized you are getting what you paying for, but it should not be as bad. Sorry , Carnival. Time to find another ways of vacationing.

SIX Carnival cruises and first post! ROFL Did you complain to try and get a 24 carrot gold plastic ship on a stick? :D

I was on the 9th to 19th July cruise and the food in the main restaurant was repetitive and it took ages to arrive.

I was on the same cruise. I thought the menus had good variety and after 15 cruises, this one had the quickest service in the dining room.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Thanks for your first post.

I was on the same cruise. I thought the menus had good variety and after 15 cruises, this one had the quickest service in the dining room.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Thanks for your first post.

It's funny how often that happens...isn't it?

Just saying....I have been on 10 Carnival cruises and just started posting on this forum a year ago...so I wouldn't count out the OP's opinion. Sometimes people are quick to report bad stuff than they are to report positive experiences. Not that I necessarily believe the OP..but I wouldn't base my suspicions on his CC post count..or anyone else's for that matter. But it has been my experience from being on the board that there are people who always look for the negative...just like in real life...I tend to stay away from those people.

For the record, I'm a huge Carnival fan and have two Vista sailings booked....:D

Just saying....I have been on 10 Carnival cruises and just started posting on this forum a year ago...so I wouldn't count out the OP's opinion. Sometimes people are quick to report bad stuff than they are to report positive experiences. Not that I necessarily believe the OP..but I wouldn't base my suspicions on his CC post count..or anyone else's for that matter. But it has been my experience from being on the board that there are people who always look for the negative...just like in real life...I tend to stay away from those people.

For the record, I'm a huge Carnival fan and have two Vista sailings booked....:D

I get your point. Here is my 2 cents. I spent 8 days on the Vista and anyone saying dirty hallways either was on a different ship or has an agenda. Period. It is pretty easy to cherry pic and CC (especially on Carnival threads) is ripe for one time posters to do just that. I urge others to draw their own conclusions. There are people who have been banned from here that come back under new ID's just to bash Carnival.....they think it's "brilliant"

Edited by jimbo5544

I get your point. Here is my 2 cents. I spent 8 days on the Vista and anyone saying dirty hallways either was on a different ship or has an agenda. Period. It is pretty easy to cherry pic and CC (especially on Carnival threads) is ripe for one time posters to do just that. I urge others to draw their own conclusions. There are people who have been banned from here that come back under new ID's just to bash Carnival.....they think it's "brilliant"

We were on the June 11 sailing and enjoyed the ship. I can kind of see where people may think the hallways are dirty, especially in the stairways and elevator areas. The brown carpeting already showed some staining. I think it was a poor color to pick not that the crew wasn't trying to clean up spills and such. We aren't fans of the AT but it doesn't stop us from going to the MDR every night even if we just get several appetizers and skip the rest of the menu. Several nights we went straight to Lido to get dessert as there was better choices for us there.

I thought I would love Vista but I kind of only like it. Maybe there was too much hype and buildup for me :D We are planning Horizon for 2018 and really hope for another European itinerary (British Isles crossing fingers).

I came across food in the hallways but that happens on every cruise and it was quickly picked up by the staff. The choice of rugs is definitely an issue in some areas, besides stairs, the Lido deck rug looks to be fading. Not sure if from all the wet traffic from the pool area, center area of rug is much lighter when compared to the edges.

Lido buffet area wasn't as clean at times when compared to the Breeze, staff definitely struggled. Not as a result of effort but simply people and especially out of control kids making a mess of things. One night, I ran into a group of kids that literally turned the ice cream machine and surrounding area into one heck of a mess. Parents should be held accountable, no reason to turn kids loose on the rest of the guests onboard. If your kid is found making a mess of things, a few should be applied to parents sign and sail cards, that should solve the lack of parenting quick.

Overall a good cruise, too port intensive, wish I could have enjoyed the ship more.

I came across food in the hallways but that happens on every cruise and it was quickly picked up by the staff. The choice of rugs is definitely an issue in some areas, besides stairs, the Lido deck rug looks to be fading. Not sure if from all the wet traffic from the pool area, center area of rug is much lighter when compared to the edges.

Lido buffet area wasn't as clean at times when compared to the Breeze, staff definitely struggled. Not as a result of effort but simply people and especially out of control kids making a mess of things. One night, I ran into a group of kids that literally turned the ice cream machine and surrounding area into one heck of a mess. Parents should be held accountable, no reason to turn kids loose on the rest of the guests onboard. If your kid is found making a mess of things, a few should be applied to parents sign and sail cards, that should solve the lack of parenting quick.

Overall a good cruise, too port intensive, wish I could have enjoyed the ship more.

Isn't it so true!!

We were on the June 11 sailing and enjoyed the ship. I can kind of see where people may think the hallways are dirty, especially in the stairways and elevator areas. The brown carpeting already showed some staining. I think it was a poor color to pick not that the crew wasn't trying to clean up spills and such. We aren't fans of the AT but it doesn't stop us from going to the MDR every night even if we just get several appetizers and skip the rest of the menu. Several nights we went straight to Lido to get dessert as there was better choices for us there.

I thought I would love Vista but I kind of only like it. Maybe there was too much hype and buildup for me :D We are planning Horizon for 2018 and really hope for another European itinerary (British Isles crossing fingers).

We unknowingly copied your dining strategy, starters in the MDR and dessert in the Lido - even salad bar in the Lido, starters in the MDR, and dessert back up in the Lido.

I concur with your assessment of the Vista. I think I expected it to be much nicer than the Dream class ships.

I concur with your assessment of the Vista. I think I expected it to be much nicer than the Dream class ships.

I think one of the problems was the lack of sea days to really explore the ship and take advantage of different areas. I never once made it to the Havana area. I was looking forward to the new shows but was too tired by the end of dinner to stay awake!

The new ropes course is so difficult that both me and my niece had to be "rescued". The employees there even admitted it was a much more difficult design; even the easy course. I had no problems getting my middle age self around the hard course on Breeze but the Vista course was ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the short hours for the ropes and sky ride!

I would love to give it another shot but we can only take 1 vacation a year and next year is planned and it's not a cruise. We will have to hope for more sea days with Horizon in Europe or skip a port and play around the ship.

We truly loved the Vista. Definitely some kinks that need to be worked out but we were on the fifth sailing and that will happen. MDR service was great for us each evening and enjoyed having the same staff even with ATD. We were also very tired from the long days in port so are looking forward to being on her again next year in the Caribbean.