Southwest flights out. Booked for Nov

waterbugohio

We've only flown SW nonstop, this time we connect in HOU, do you need to check in separately to get boarding number or does it stay the same for the second flt?

I've done the check-in for some of my hotel guests who fly WN. When I check them in, they get two boarding passes at the same time, one for flight 1 and one for flight 2. Be aware that you may get wildly different boarding numbers between the two flights. Also, check if your connecting flights originates at HOU or started somewhere else. A flight that originates at HOU will have a true boarding letter and number which gives you good idea of overhead space and ability to select the seats you want. A flight that originates elsewhere and is stopping in HOU to collect more bodies - the letter and number just tells you you place in the line as the flight may be carrying many passengers already. I've run into that - had a high B number and ended up in a middle seat because lots of people boarded at the originating airport.

I'm also a nervous flyer.. SW hammers it down to the designation, no feelings of going fast and slow, just fast. And they stick their landings. Lol!
So you're saying that airlines fly at different speeds? And WN flies faster? I would suspect that, in the absence of ATC or weather issues, pretty much everyone flies their 737s at the spec'ed cruising speed. As for the landings, that's pretty much a factor of who's in the first row of seats and what the weather conditions are. I wouldn't say that any airline's pilots "stick it" more than others - though I do think that ex-Navy carrier pilots may have a bit more "stick" to their touchdowns. :D

We have checked in right at 24 hours and have been in the A group. Now the only time we do early bird is when we are returning from a cruise.

Once,traveling with friends they purchased early bird when they bought their tickets and we decided at the last minute to do it. We were ahead of them in the A group. Go figure.

The last time we purchased early bird we were in the B group. I emailed SW after the flight and they credited our account for the money spent. :)

Prices are normally good from RDU. I've been known to drive from CLT and fly out of RDU to save hundreds of dollars. But the 2.5 hr ride home after vacation is a killer.

Wow, I can only imagine! I am surprised rates are lower at RDU vs CLT! I'm 15 min from the airport and love the convenience!!

We booked on Southwest for an Aug. cruise. If we cancel the cruise can I rebook on Southwest for a November cruise?? The price came down once so we have a $40 credit for each of us. The Aug. flights were to San Juan, November to FLL. Anyone ever do this before???

Thanks,

Carol

We booked on Southwest for an Aug. cruise. If we cancel the cruise can I rebook on Southwest for a November cruise?? The price came down once so we have a $40 credit for each of us. The Aug. flights were to San Juan, November to FLL. Anyone ever do this before???

Thanks,

Carol

When you cancel a flight with SW you have credit for 1 year from the date of your original purchase to use that credit.

Bill