Best Cruise Line-Where?-Why?

My husband & I have always in the past cruised with our children. Our 1st cruise was about 16y ago with our youngest being 4yo-she is now 20yo & married SOOO we are planning to take our FIRST cruise ALONE! this year is also our 25th wedding anniversary so we want a fun, relaxing & memorable cruise. We have cruised Disney, Carnival & RCCI. We are leaning toward RCCI but are up for suggestions. We are not party animals but we are not ready for the nursing home yet. The departing ports we prefer are Port Canaveral & Tampa but Ft. Lauderdale, Miami & Charleston are options. We drive from GA so if there are other ports in driving distance that would be OK. We have been to Bahamas, Labadee, CoCocay, Castawaycay, Roatan, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, & Puerto Rico. We dont mind repeats but new places would be nice. We like a good deal but we want a good ship. Any suggestions from your experiences would be great! Thank you in advance.

Do you want a ship with a lot of elaborate features (rock climbing wall, water park slides, flow riders, ropes course) or do you prefer a mostly adult type ship? Smaller ship or larger ship? Traditional cruise ship dining or specialty restaurants? Suite or regular cabin?

Given the ports you have been to, I would suggest a Southern Caribbean cruise to see other islands such as St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao,etc.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

maybe try an upscale line with more adults not all are nursing home qualified but they may be less quiet than RCCL

depends on the amount of activities you want ..if you need to be entertained all day or just like to have a few lectures or read a book

Happy Anniversary

Do you want a ship with a lot of elaborate features (rock climbing wall, water park slides, flow riders, ropes course) or do you prefer a mostly adult type ship? Smaller ship or larger ship? Traditional cruise ship dining or specialty restaurants? Suite or regular cabin?

Given the ports you have been to, I would suggest a Southern Caribbean cruise to see other islands such as St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao,etc.

Elaborate features..no..we did love Liberty of the Seas which had them but we did not participate-our kids did then & we enjoyed watching others enjoy it...probably overall Mariner of the Seas was our favorite...Oasis of the Seas was awesome but too big for us..so an adult style ship I think..we enjoy going to the MDR & trying new dishes...we enjoy entertainment like comedy & some of the shows in the theatre...R & R is a big for me as I work ALOT & the only down time I usually have is on a trip...cabin...we have had balcony & it was nice but felt we were not in our room enough to enjoy for the money...we like the outside with view but interior is ok...thank you for any input...just want to get the best cruise possible

If you are looking for an adult ship without it being a traveling nursing home.....Crystal!

Sure it is a mature group with the interests in travel and most have that in common:D

The intellectual speakers and library is one of the best! Trivia is a kick and Crystal is a close to all inclusive ship.

Most of the major traffic and common lines are cheaper but factor in the not included items and you will find it works out the same. We make it financially work by trading out the verandah for a window room with minor obstruction just so we can get on this line!

Dining is fabulous with no complaints.

This is not a line for booze parties or running wild kids so look into it! It's first on our list:)