Woohoo! Just got FTTF for our cruise!

kctwinmommy

How do you know how many slots are still available? I did not notice a number when I booked 2 days ago.

I bought it this time because of the special Guest Services line. Last cruise my son's card stopped working and we waited an hour on line and then we later saw a $13 discrepancy on our bill and we let it go because I could not imagine wasting another hour in line. We have a Grand Suite so the priority boarding doesn't matter for us this time.

[attach]386221[/attach]

You look like you've had one too many!

Some of us go on holiday to stand in lines, some of us don't. :)

I didnt stand in any lines on Silversea. Whats your point?

I didnt stand in any lines on Silversea. Whats your point?

That's great! I've never sailed on their ships, so I can't speak to anything about them.

As far as Carnival, which I have sailed, I guess the bottom line is that people are willing to pay extra for a variety of things. Some people book excursions through Carnival to make things easier, others use outside companies to save a few bucks. Some people pay a much higher price for certain cabins while others go with the cheapest one just to be on vacation. The best thing is that nobody is required to purchase FTTF. ;)

Techy arent you?

A bribe is something given to get something you want. It doesnt have to be in secret and it doesnt have to be illegal. I'm sure people who offer their services for illegal bribes put a price on it too.

Besides. I deliberately but the word in "" to highlight and differentiate its use and not to give Mr pedant any reason to get uppity. Oh well.

Fishermansbobswife..... what exactily is it that FTTF gets you?

I'm guessing you're asking me. Bob is a fireman, but maybe when he retires he'll be a fisherman. LOL :D

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

NOTES

The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.

Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Space is Limited.

After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

I'm guessing you're asking me. Bob is a fireman, but maybe when he retires he'll be a fisherman. LOL :D

Haha... that was quite funny (and genuinely unintentional)... Apologies... but pleased it brought a smile. I might have been sarky early with american table, but this one was a proper "oops".

OK, I had a read through.

I dont know how bad the queues are on embarking and disembarkation... might be a pain, but I can live with it. (It does serve as a reminder though about smaller ships! - 4000 people is an awful lot!

The only one I'd be interested in enough to consider, is priority Tenders. But we dont have any tender ports (or plan to have), so that ones not needed.

So many thanks for your help on that. Much appreciated.

I was a bit worried it might say priority boarding in the event of adandon ship! :p

Haha... that was quite funny (and genuinely unintentional)... Apologies... but pleased it brought a smile. I might have been sarky early with american table, but this one was a proper "oops".

OK, I had a read through.

I dont know how bad the queues are on embarking and disembarkation... might be a pain, but I can live with it. (It does serve as a reminder though about smaller ships! - 4000 people is an awful lot!

The only one I'd be interested in enough to consider, is priority Tenders. But we dont have any tender ports (or plan to have), so that ones not needed.

So many thanks for your help on that. Much appreciated.

I was a bit worried it might say priority boarding in the event of adandon ship! :p

FTTF is worth it to me. If it's still available for your cruise, I would suggest getting it. Heaven forbid you have to visit Guest Services, the wait can be quite excruciating. Again, very different with 4,000 people onboard vs what you're used to! Plus having your cabin available as soon as you board so you can drop your carry ons right away is super as well.

FTTF is worth it to me. If it's still available for your cruise, I would suggest getting it. Heaven forbid you have to visit Guest Services, the wait can be quite excruciating. Again, very different with 4,000 people onboard vs what you're used to! Plus having your cabin available as soon as you board so you can drop your carry ons right away is super as well.

I'm going to try avoiding going to guest services if I can help it. Too many busy bodies eves dropping on conversations there. :p

Thanks for all the info BTW. I don't think it would be worth it on this cruise, though if there were any tenders i might feel different.

I'm going to try avoiding going to guest services if I can help it. Too many busy bodies eves dropping on conversations there. :p

Thanks for all the info BTW. I don't think it would be worth it on this cruise, though if there were any tenders i might feel different.

Just don't be loud and obnoxious and no one will be in your business.

I was in line on my first Glory cruise and the lady in front of me was ranting and raving because their dolphin excursion was cancelled and they said the other one was full. She insisted on telling me, the staff behind the counter, and everyone within earshot that her kids were upstairs crying their little eyes out and even refused to eat dinner or some crazy stuff because their whole reason for taking this cruise was to swim with the dolphins. Now their lives were ruined. Yes - RUINED!

She expected me to agree with her, but all I could say without unleashing on her was "Wow." What I really wanted to say was she was acting like an a-hole and actually I was glad they wouldn't be swimming with the dolphins for a couple of reasons. Number one being the way she was carrying on and berating Guest Services (Shore Excursions was closed). I could only imagine what kind of parent she was and what a poor example she was setting for her kids if she behaved that way in front of them. And secondly because I don't believe in swimming with the dolphins due to the way they are captured and treated and such. But that is a totally different discussion.

So just because people overhear what others say at GS, doesn't mean it's eavesdropping. It's usually because the person doing the talking wants attention and isn't happy unless they are commanding an audience.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I think it's probably like insurance if you don't need/use it, it's going to seem like a waste of money. So if you happen to get on an off fast and you don't really need guest services then you are going think why did I waste money on this pass? But if there are delays and you get on faster due to FTTF and there are issues where you have to go to GS and get to skip the long lines because you have the FTTF pass you are going to say OMG I'm so glad I bought it.

I just bought it for our Dec cruise. I had to decide if I wanted to buy it for our Oct one or our Dec one first. The Oct one was still showing 21 available so none sold yet. The Dec one was down to 2 available, figured I'd grab one before they were all gone, plus it's a bigger ship with more people. If I wind up only getting one, that seems to be the smarter one to have.

I think it's probably like insurance if you don't need/use it, it's going to seem like a waste of money. So if you happen to get on an off fast and you don't really need guest services then you are going think why did I waste money on this pass? But if there are delays and you get on faster due to FTTF and there are issues where you have to go to GS and get to skip the long lines because you have the FTTF pass you are going to say OMG I'm so glad I bought it.

I just bought it for our Dec cruise. I had to decide if I wanted to buy it for our Oct one or our Dec one first. The Oct one was still showing 21 available so none sold yet. The Dec one was down to 2 available, figured I'd grab one before they were all gone, plus it's a bigger ship with more people. If I wind up only getting one, that seems to be the smarter one to have.

Exactly! It's like Southwest Airlines charging $12/person, per flight, to board earlier. You take your chances when you check in that you'll get something early, or you pay a little extra. It's all up to each person as to what they feel is best for them! :D

One thing I have learnt about when speaking to someone in customer relations and not only an opinion, its seen it in action.

Shout and be obnoxious and you get nowhere. Put your case in a calm way appealing to the reps sensitivities can lead to the positive result you wanted.

I can remember flying into Atlanta in 97 with a connecting flight forward to Tampa. We had a 4h 30m to get that flight. Before booking I made sure that was enough time and told it was plenty and wouldn't matter if we missed it as we could just catch one of the later flights. Perfect.

Our flight arrived on time and after getting our bags we headed to passport control and customs. Whoooaaa... What a mess! We cleared passports after a long wait then queued for over 2 hours for customs. And when we got to the gate I was asked "have I got a blood sausage with me". Im not sure if that was a joke, but the wait wasn't funny. (had it been anyone other than a man with the power to let me enter in or not... I would have asked if he was taking the micky and would he like to see it. (im still not 100% sure what he meant though im guessing he meant "black pudding" and not a different package! Im guessing it must be a common thing for an Englishman to be carrying! :confused: :( :p

Anyway we then had a mad rush to get to the other side of the airport, check in and get to the gate. Needless to say we didn't make it. I went to the delta desk and was dismissively told in a roundabout way "tough". Reasoning wasn't working so asked to speak to her manager. At first I was told I should take my complaint up with customs. I explained all the circumstances of the booking and assurances given. At first he just said there is only one further flight which was full and would need to pay out of my pocket for hotels food and taxi fares. Hiding my anger, I pulled out my ace card telling him I needed to get my luggage returned as my sons medication was in one of the cases. I told him to check his details so he could see Delta were informed they had an autistic passenger which they gave assurances would receive assistance. Whilst he was doing that, I gave him my wife's passport showing him today was her birthday which was now ruined. He looked over to see her and both the kids crying their hearts out.

I do feel for the 4 passengers they bumped to enable us to catch our flight though no doubt they were compensated.

So shouty and obnoxious doesn't get you anywhere. I have to say one of the fly on the wall she's for North west airlines gave me solid proof that was the case.... Their staff were unforgiving and brutal to anyone getting angry.

On a side note.... I told a fib about him having medication in a bag. He has never taken any for his condition.... But sometimes you've got to use anything you can amd take advantage. I have zero shame about that. All I cared about is that we had been badly let done and doing anything to reasonably get things sorted.

After getting off the plane our bags were waiting still from our missed flight. We got our hired car and drove to orlando (long story but we changed our mind what we were doing). It took us 24 hours from door to door and taught me a valuable lesson. Avoid connecting flights. We saved about $600 but the hassle simply wasn't worth it.

The end :D

Newbie to carnival here... What is a FTF, how much are they and does the sunshine use them?

Thanks

Mikki

Yes, all ships have it. You will find it in the excursion section of your home port. 4 day and less cruises cost $49.95 and 5 days or more is $59.95

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

NOTES

The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.

Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Space is Limited.

After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

Edited by disneylover89

Yes, all ships have it.

Well, sort of. The Sunshine when in Norfolk does not have FTTF. None of the ships do when they are there.

So I wouldn't call it ship specific, but rather Home Port specific.

Faster to the Fun is offered in the following home ports: Baltimore, Charleston, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Miami, Mobile (starting 11/19/16), New Orleans, New York, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Seattle and Tampa.

Faster to the Fun is not offered in Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver and home ports in Europe.

Hope you find FTTF worth the cost. We didn't. It only got us onboard about 2 minutes before those in Zone 1.

Yeah but those people on zone 1 probably showed up to the port at 10 and I can show up at 12 and still board before them. I believe 2 hours of my time is worth it plus the additional perks

BOOYAH!!! Just got home from shopping with DW, did a quick check of excursions for our Feb 18 Freedom cruise, and there it was - FTTF. :D

That's the only excursion posted for this cruise so far (except for the Home Port Advisory). Now to wait for more excursions to be posted