Celebrity Balconies

Tedferg

We have never cruised Celebrity but are interested in some itineraries - previous five cruises with Princess.

On Princess we like Balcony over Ocean View but not inclined to pay extra for Mini Suite or Suite.

With Celebrity are the 'Veranda', 'Concierge' and 'Aqua' cabins the same cabins with extra 'goodies' or are they separate cabins ?

What does 'Priority Seating' mean, does this apply to MDR ?

We have never cruised Celebrity but are interested in some itineraries - previous five cruises with Princess.

On Princess we like Balcony over Ocean View but not inclined to pay extra for Mini Suite or Suite.

With Celebrity are the 'Veranda', 'Concierge' and 'Aqua' cabins the same cabins with extra 'goodies' or are they separate cabins ?

What does 'Priority Seating' mean, does this apply to MDR ?

We have used Cincierge because we wanted the location.

It was the same cabin.

While they said we'd get priority in MDR, that sure didn't happen, wanted early table for two or select, got late table for 8.

The afternoon nibbles were nice at about 4:30 when we got late dinner. We asked for cheese platter each day I nice little fill in.

Haven't done Aqua.

Veranda cabins are pretty much the same size across the board. There are some hump cabins that have bigger balconies and some of the aft cabin balances are bigger.

Concierge and Aqua are classes with "perks". Aqua can dine in Blu and has spa access. These perks are listed on Celebrity website.

Veranda cabins are pretty much the same size across the board. There are some hump cabins that have bigger balconies and some of the aft cabin balances are bigger.

Concierge and Aqua are classes with "perks". Aqua can dine in Blu and has spa access. These perks are listed on Celebrity website.

OK so we could choose a cabin and decide to pay Veranda / Concierge / Aqua for it ?

On the S class ships the three veranda cabin types are the same size and layout throughout the ship. The aqua class cabins have some nicer showers. I think both CC and Aqua have a footstool on the veranda on S class.

On the M class ships the CC and Aqua cabins are a little larger than the standard veranda cabins and have a little more storage. The CC aft facing cabins also have super sized verandas. There are also a few larger cabins and verandas here and there on the ship in CC and Aqua.

Edited by Lsimon

OK so we could choose a cabin and decide to pay Veranda / Concierge / Aqua for it ?

Nope certain cabins are classified as Verandah, Cc Or Aqua.

As I said I had to take CC because I wanted that location.

I just looked at a 10 night Ultimate Caribbean April 2017 Veranda $1,649. Concierge for $250 more , $500 couple, we would get evening hors d'oeuvres. Or Aqua $800 more, $1600 couple, we get to eat at Blu.

Seems a lot extra for not very much, especially Concierge. I am not usually looking for extra food on a cruise.

Edited by Tedferg

On the S class ships the three veranda cabin types are the same size and layout throughout the ship. The aqua class cabins have some nicer showers. I think both CC and Aqua have a footstool on the veranda on S class.

On the M class ships the CC and Aqua cabins are a little larger than the standard veranda cabins and have a little more storage. The CC aft facing cabins also have super sized verandas. There are also a few larger cabins and verandas here and there on the ship in CC and Aqua.

Some recent reports indicate that not all Concierge cabins on all ships still have the footstools. We did have them last month in a C1 on Summit.

I just looked at a 10 night Ultimate Caribbean April 2017 Veranda $1,649. Concierge for $250 more , $500 couple, we would get evening hors d'oeuvres. Or Aqua $800 more, $1600 couple, we get to eat at Blu.

Seems a lot extra for not very much, especially Concierge. I am not usually looking for extra food on a cruise.

You're correct, a lot of extra money for the same size cabin. I assume you're sailing on an S class ship. Take a look at the 1A cabins on your sailing. They're the ones with the large balconies and excellent midship location.

Linda

Larry, nice to see you're still around. Many of the oldtimers have fled the boards.

For newbies to Cruise Critic, when Larry posts something, you can rely on it. He only posts things he personally knows to be true.

Linda

You're correct, a lot of extra money for the same size cabin. I assume you're sailing on an S class ship. Take a look at the 1A cabins on your sailing. They're the ones with the large balconies and excellent midship location.

Linda

I am too new to Celebrity understand different ship classes. Would appreciate any input.

I am too new to Celebrity understand different ship classes. Would appreciate any input.

The 1As are on the slant of the hump, and have the larger balconies ;). They are regular balcony cabins i.e. not CC or Aqua. All of those categories I've just listed have the same size cabins on S class ships, only the FVs and suites are larger ;).

We did the Ultimate Caribbean itinerary on Equinox last year (April) ;).

But for those trying to get to elite the extra points for concierge and aqua could be important.

Welcome to Celebrity.

When we sail Princess, ( 1st in 1992 ) we like one of the mini's on Emerald almost aft, because the have a fully covered balcony. You are aware of the 3 balcony category cabins on Celebrity, all with 194 sq ft in space. CC & Aqua get more points in the Capt Club.

The evening hors d'oeuvres, ( IMHO) are not a reason to book CC, but getting to dine in BLU is a great reason to book Aqua, but not for $800 pp more! TOO MUCH!

We were on the Ruby Nov 2012, and our last 3 years with Celebrity, each in a diff level. We have decided that the best bang for our $$ is to book a lower level veranda and buy the Ultimate dinning pkg allowing for specialty dinning for every meal. The specialty's on Celebrity make the Crown Grill look like just another meal in the MDR.

That said, the MDR on Celebrity is heads above Princess, again, IMHO, oh, and that of my taste buds.:D

Ask for any gaps that need filling in! You will enjoy a cruise on Celebrity.

EW

We have decided that the best bang for our $$ is to book a lower level veranda and buy the Ultimate dinning pkg allowing for specialty dinning for every meal. EW

OK I am learning - seems a lot to choose, but maybe just my inexperience. Looking at deck plans I see 'Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom Veranda' is that a regular veranda ? Also FV Veranda ??

I did a Summit test booking and was shown 'best available' 6196 $2,898 - Partial Obstructed. Upgrade option 6172 $3238 still part obs - not clear why this is an upgrade. Or 7334 $3378 no obstruction - I guess you need to understand that deck 6 has obstructions.

Did not see any mention of Ultimate Dining Package.

OK I am learning - seems a lot to choose, but maybe just my inexperience. Looking at deck plans I see 'Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom Veranda' is that a regular veranda ? Also FV Veranda ??

I did a Summit test booking and was shown 'best available' 6196 $2,898 - Partial Obstructed. Upgrade option 6172 $3238 still part obs - not clear why this is an upgrade. Or 7334 $3378 no obstruction - I guess you need to understand that deck 6 has obstructions.

Did not see any mention of Ultimate Dining Package.

Summit is a "M" class (Millenium Class). Standard Verandah staterooms are slightly smaller than CC or Aqua. FV Verandah is a Family Verandah, which is much larger, and not available for booking far in advance unless you have a party of five.

The UDPlan, I believe has to be purchased on board, but is not offered on all cruises.

Most of the Summit obstructed views are the top of lifeboats are about level with the deck, so you can see out just fine, but usually you can not look down (it would not bother me).

I hope those are per cabin prices :eek:

I didn't think Summit did the 10/11 night Ultimate Caribbean itineraries - thought it was Equinox which is S class ?

I didn't think Summit did the 10/11 night Ultimate Caribbean itineraries - thought it was Equinox which is S class ?

We are on a 10 night Caribbean in April 2017 and it is Equinox.

Tedferg - I may have missed where your cabin is, but on Equinox deck 6 middle may come with some lifeboat obstructions. When standing on the balcony you can still see straight out, but not down. When sitting there could be little bit more of an obstruction with the lifeboat "hoists/holders" (not sure what they are called), depending on the location.

We are on a 10 night Caribbean in April 2017 and it is Equinox.

Tedferg - I may have missed where your cabin is, but on Equinox deck 6 middle may come with some lifeboat obstructions. When standing on the balcony you can still see straight out, but not down. When sitting there could be little bit more of an obstruction with the lifeboat "hoists/holders" (not sure what they are called), depending on the location.

That's what confused me. OP said he/she was looking at the 10 night Ultimate Caribbean, which is on Equinox, but priced up Summit (different class of ship with different balcony categories) :confused:?

We did an 11 night Ultimate Caribbean on Equinox last April - had a wonderful time :).