Bon Voyage Sun Princess - 75 day Pacific Circle 2016 Cruise!!

Heres a shot of Sun Princess docked at the pier in San Francisco. Prime position

next dooor to Fishermans Wharf with lots of visitor attractions at hand. A great place to be for 3 days.How much would a Hotel cost in that spot??:D

2mquo43.png

Have you got a link to that webcam?? :)

I'm guessing the original itinerary had a sea day between San Francisco and San Diego. Assuming the same sailing time to Hawaii, that would have left them with an extra day to fill.

Net loss: 1 sea day and 1 day in San Diego.

Net gain: 1 day in San Francisco and 1 day on Kauai.

I'm guessing the original itinerary had a sea day between San Francisco and San Diego. Assuming the same sailing time to Hawaii, that would have left them with an extra day to fill.

Net loss: 1 sea day and 1 day in San Diego.

Net gain: 1 day in San Francisco and 1 day on Kauai.

In light of the situation, it is a win then.

In light of the situation, it is a win then.

Out of all the stops the ships do in Hawaii, I would rate Nawilwili at the bottom of the list UNLESS the person does a tour. Then it is quite good. On our first visit, we decided to just look around the local area. That was not a good idea, because there was virtually nothing of interest.

Out of all the stops the ships do in Hawaii, I would rate Nawilwili at the bottom of the list UNLESS the person does a tour. Then it is quite good. On our first visit, we decided to just look around the local area. That was not a good idea, because there was virtually nothing of interest.

What I meant was that they missed San Diego but gained an extra day in San Francisco and they missed a sea day but gained an extra Hawaiian port instead.

For those who don't want to go ashore it will still be like a sea day.

So you are on a cruise....what would you do , or what have you done with 1 full day in Honolulu ?

When we were there, we had an over nighter. We went to pearl harbour on one day (it is away from the city in relation to the port) and then went into the city after lunch and missed a lot of the traffic. The second day we did a round the island tour that took us to many sites and landmarks as well as beaches an such. All I remember was the traffic going the other way during the morning and afternoon peak hours were horrendous.

Great walk to the top of Diamond Head:eek:

That is another option but you would need to get across town before the morning traffic gets too heavy. Note, the reason I am going on about the traffic is that Honolulu has been deemed one of the worst cities in all of the US along with the likes of LA, San Francisco, Washington and NYC.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/05/04/worst-traffic-cities/2127661/