What's the difference between the cabin catetories?

NboroGirl

I've been wondering this for a while. When I booked our cruise to Alaska, we wanted a balcony cabin, but within the balcony group are different categories:

BA, BD, BE, and BY.

Does anyone know what they mean? Is one better than the other?

I've been wondering this for a while. When I booked our cruise to Alaska, we wanted a balcony cabin, but within the balcony group are different categories:

BA, BD, BE, and BY.

Location is the main factor . BA is on a lower midships deck.

I'm looking at Coral.

Which one (category) should I select? My choices are BD, BE, and BY (all are the same price). I'm thinking of cabin D629 (Dolphin Deck), which is a BD. I preferred the equivalent on the C (Caribe) deck, but those cabins weren't available.

Take the the BD category over the BE or BY. I would stay away from a BY. BY has an obstructed balcony . To be obstructed the view block has to be 50% or the balcony is solid metal and not glass.

Edited by Kamloops50

I'm looking at Coral.

Which one (category) should I select? My choices are BD, BE, and BY (all are the same price). I'm thinking of cabin D629 (Dolphin Deck), which is a BD. I preferred the equivalent on the C (Caribe) deck, but those cabins weren't available.

All the interiors are the same. Basically locations which Princess feels are more preferred, and can sell for a higher price, have the higher category. What Princess thinks, and what passengers think may not be the same.

D629 is a standard balcony cabin with a extra large deck and it is in a good location. Compare it on the deck plans with a cat. BD on deck 11 and you will see the difference in balcony size. It is a nice selection.

All the interiors are the same. Basically locations which Princess feels are more preferred, and can sell for a higher price, have the higher category. What Princess thinks, and what passengers think may not be the same.

D629 is a standard balcony cabin with a extra large deck and it is in a good location. Compare it on the deck plans with a cat. BD on deck 11 and you will see the difference in balcony size. It is a nice selection.

You make a good point about the size of the balcony in cabin D629 but it is right near the elevators. To me (and this is totally personal) that is not a good location. Had a cabin once by the elevators and after hearing people saying goodnight to each other late at night, I swore never again.

You make a good point about the size of the balcony in cabin D629 but it is right near the elevators. To me (and this is totally personal) that is not a good location. Had a cabin once by the elevators and after hearing people saying goodnight to each other late at night, I swore never again.

Being near the elevators doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I consider it a plus. I've had cabins right near an elevator before (albeit on different cruise lines, this is my first time sailing on Princess) and I never heard any noise from them. Even hotel rooms near elevators doesn't bother me. I hope my good luck with quiet elevators continues.

BA, BD, BE, and BY.

We are booked on Star Princess for next year and have a BB room

(Balcony) Deck 11 not midship, but just about 5 cabins from there. Price was a bit cheaper not a lot but some. :) :)

also, something to think about on the deck plan, it will show where the hallways break, one would see a line on the plan as cleaning carts or other carts roll over these it will make a "thump" noise. ( FYi if you wondered)

Edited by nanabananna

BA, BD, BE, and BY.

Mostly location.

BA, BD, BE, and BY.

Position, position position, just like real estate.