Speciality restaurants and fees

flifish64

As others have said of the child is well behaved then of course she should be included. Agree some adults are worse with their rude and obnoxious behaviour! Enjoy your cruise and the celebration :-)

I, for one, love seeing well behaved children in the dining room.:)

But on the other hand, if they are not well behaved, be gone!:(

I hope she s the former and you have a wonderful celebration!

Your granddaughter is one of your cruise party,and I'm sure you want her to be part of this special occasion.

You've paid for the cruise like everyone else.

Sure a screaming 5 year old would spoil it for some of your fellow diners, but so would a loud 35 year old.( or any age )

Book what you want, and see what happens.

Oh, and have a happy 80th.

The USS UNITED STATES (Infinity's version of Murano) is no longer on

the ship and so there is no longer a "wine room"....the restaurant was

converted to Tuscan Grille.

Just got off the Infinity. There is a separate, private "wine room" in the new Tuscan Grille. I saw a party of 10 eating in there.

Just got off the Infinity. There is a separate, private "wine room" in the new Tuscan Grille. I saw a party of 10 eating in there.

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

We have a 5 yr old in our group and are looking at going to one of the Speciality Restaurants for my Husbands 80th birthday. (5 yr old is granddaughter). Is the fee the same for the 5 yr old as it is for the others in our group?

This is on an Alaskan cruise on Infinity. There will be 7 of us. 80, 69, 53. 42, 33, 33, and 5.

Which restaurant would you recommend for our diverse group?

Birthday boy is leaning toward Tuscan Grill and I am leaning toward Qsine.

Thanks for any input.

Carol

I was on the Summit in April and I asked if they had children's prices in both Qsine and Tuscan. I was told it was $10.00 per child at each of the specialty restaurants. I plan on taking both my granddaughters to the 2 specialty restaurant on the Summit in November.

Phyllis

A good solution to you Birthday party would be to eat in Murano's and request the "Wine Cellar". It is a private dining room off the main dining room and is great for a more intimate diner party.

Jim

Edited by Jim_Iain

A good solution to you Birthday party would be to eat in Murano's and request the "Wine Cellar". It is a private dining room off the main dining room and is great for a more intimate diner party.

Jim

The Infinity "Murano" equivalent, SS United States is no more. It has been converted to Tuscan Grille. However the wine room remains - see post #30 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2365265&page=2

But yes, this was suggested as a good option.

Mike

Birthday boy should get to pick...Tuscan nicer for a dress up birthday celebration...

Wine room or a corner area will probably work well...such a special family celebration should include everyone..book early time when children are more welcome and be prepared to take her out for a walk if she gets fussy or bored. And bring a quiet toy, .children often do well at special dinners but you never know,

If you visit maitre early on, they can find a good spot for u...

Hope you have a great time...making special memories.,

I would say if you booked an early table, there would be less chance of them being full and less chance of your granddaughter being overtired. We have eaten early at every venue (we like to eat a light lunch and have an early dinner) and the restaurants are never even full when we leave.

A 5 year old is old enough to understand how to behave in a nice restaurant and is unlikely to be "screaming" as some have said. My daughter is a teenager now but my niece is 5 and behaves like a little adult and is certainly old enough to know how to behave when out. Take your grandaughter to whichever restaurant you choose and have a wonderful meal.

We have a 5 yr old in our group and are looking at going to one of the Speciality Restaurants for my Husbands 80th birthday. (5 yr old is granddaughter). Is the fee the same for the 5 yr old as it is for the others in our group?

This is on an Alaskan cruise on Infinity. There will be 7 of us. 80, 69, 53. 42, 33, 33, and 5.

Which restaurant would you recommend for our diverse group?

Birthday boy is leaning toward Tuscan Grill and I am leaning toward Qsine.

Thanks for any input.

Carol

We have implemented children's pricing in all of our specialty restaurants.

• Kids 5 and under dine for free
  • Kids ages 6-12 will dine for lunch & dinner at our specialty restaurants at a discounted rate of $10 from the standard dinner menu

Children pricing not available for premium experiences including Chef’s Table, Connoisseur dinners, Food and Wine pairing dinners, Top Chef Dinner etc.