Iceland/Ireland on the Eclipse Review with Lots of Pics and Menus

MVPinBoynton

Thanks so much. I hope I did your beautiful Northern Ireland justice with the pics. It is a gorgeous place.

You certainly did. The North Coast is exceptionally lovely. It's a pity you missed the Killarney & Ring of Kerry trip, lovely scenery there too. We're just back from a holiday there in April, but have been there many times. Cork is lovely too. Mind you I'm from Dublin and if you were to ask me one place to visit in Ireland I would say it's Kerry!!

You certainly did. The North Coast is exceptionally lovely. It's a pity you missed the Killarney & Ring of Kerry trip, lovely scenery there too. We're just back from a holiday there in April, but have been there many times. Cork is lovely too. Mind you I'm from Dublin and if you were to ask me one place to visit in Ireland I would say it's Kerry!!

We are looking forward to seeing more of lovely Ireland in the future.

Thanks for the review. We are booked for Iceland 2017. My wife has limited distance walking ability. We use a transport chair and looking at your wonderful pictures, I was wondering about our ability to do the Iceland excursions. On some previous cruises, she has stayed with the van when the terrain was difficult, as I went exploring. What was your experience in Iceland.

Don

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your review & pictures! So great, thanks for posting.

The pictures of Ireland were of course my favorite. Have been there many times as my DH's Mum is from Donegal. Have been to all the places you visited except for Belfast, even had a Champagne Lunch on the grounds of Dunluce Castle, have kissed the Blarney Stone several times & climbed up Giants Causeway, so your pictures brought back so many memories for me. Oh, also drank whiskey at Bushmills a couple of times too! :D Hope to go back in a year or two to visit all our cousins again.

Anyway, thanks for posting and glad you had a great trip. I have one question, did you say they only do this cruise once a year? :confused:

By far the best review(s) I have ever read. Along with some amazingly stunning photographs. I come from Yorkshire and you have seen more of it than I have.

The eclipse reviews of both the Baltic and Ireland / Iceland are in depth and informative and I would certainly buy a book with such a comprehensive and detailed photographic record of your tours should you ever produce one.

I hope your friends from Yorkshire taught you Ilkley Moor b'hat at while you visited!

Extremely well done and THANK YOU :)

Thanks for the review. We are booked for Iceland 2017. My wife has limited distance walking ability. We use a transport chair and looking at your wonderful pictures, I was wondering about our ability to do the Iceland excursions. On some previous cruises, she has stayed with the van when the terrain was difficult, as I went exploring. What was your experience in Iceland.

Don

Hi Don,

As you can see from the pictures, I am the one with mobility issues. I can walk, but only for short distances, so I use a scooter. Within the towns, the scooter was not a problem. However, most of Iceland involves waterfalls and terrain that is not conducive to scooters. Most of the time I could wait at the bottom of the falls while Mike climbed up. I would suggest that you hire tour guides that can taylor tours to meet your needs. Still, it was worth going!

I had no idea you could take a cruise with this itinerary! I'm actually going to London and Iceland in October, but not cruising. My trip started as a week in London to celebrate a milestone birthday, but it was so pricy to fly direct from the NY/NJ area at the time, I looked into other options, and discovered I could fly through Iceland for much less.

And since Iceland is on my bucket list of places to visit, it made sense to spend a few days on my way back. It's funny; I think I'm more excited about my 2+ days in Iceland than my almost week in London! I'm at work so can't really look at it all, but wow, your photos are amazing! Looking forward to taking the time to go through all of your Iceland shots.

I had no idea you could take a cruise with this itinerary! I'm actually going to London and Iceland in October, but not cruising. My trip started as a week in London to celebrate a milestone birthday, but it was so pricy to fly direct from the NY/NJ area at the time, I looked into other options, and discovered I could fly through Iceland for much less.

And since Iceland is on my bucket list of places to visit, it made sense to spend a few days on my way back. It's funny; I think I'm more excited about my 2+ days in Iceland than my almost week in London! I'm at work so can't really look at it all, but wow, your photos are amazing! Looking forward to taking the time to go through all of your Iceland shots.

That's funny. I don't know how Iceland will be in October, but it should be interesting!

We did a two-week self-drive in Iceland that we thoroughly enjoyed -- we left out the West Fjords on purpose to give ourselves plenty of time to explore as we circumnavigated the island; will return for West Fjords at some point. We stayed in Myvatn and had a terrific time, including swimming at the blue pools there twice ... esp. nice at night after the crowds have departed ... and one night with light snow falling.

Thanks for the Belfast and Cork write ups ... I made some notes as we will be visiting both on the RTW next year.

Hello cruisers!

Here is a video of the Cruise Critic Connections Party of this cruise... maybe some of you recognize themselves. Mike, I see you in it ;-)

Oliver

Thanks for the link Oliver. I do think I was in the video and rather distracting. Sorry, I take a lot of photos. Here is one from the review that you were in taking your video in the background holding your camera up.

IMG_4194.jpg