Carnival gift cards and TA question.....

ANONOMUS_1

Trying to use Carnival gift cards with a TA! Is there a TA that has used Carnival gift cards as payment on a cruise? My TA is asking me for an expiration date!

Your TA must be confused. I do know that on the Carnival website, and when speaking to my PVP, that there is a "different" place to enter gift card information. He/she must be trying to put the gift card into the credit card area.

BNORRIS10 is right. Once you use a TA, they have to do any payment issues. My TA has paid for deposits and final payments with my gift cards and it is no problem at all. I just give the TA the gift card number and the code number located on the right side face of the gift card.

I get a cruise credit from the TA and also get 10 percent off using gift cards from AARP, Verizon or Publix. Talk about a deal!

I informed my TA of what you guys posted and now my gift cards have been applied to my account.

Just to answer some questions: Carnival will NOT have anything to do with your booking if you used a TA.

I have NEVER received an OBC from my TA which is why I stopped using him for years. He claims his rates are already low. Which they were for this particular cruise. I usually book through Carnival.com early saver and watch for price drops. It's actually kinda fun watching your OBC grow!