Solstice - Seattle RT- Tracy Arm - passport?

BigB0882

Read the descriptions for every excursion, every one that I saw said a passport is required. Don't go by what Celebrity tells you on the phone, you can call three people and get three answers, they have been that way for years and just about every regular on this board knows it.

From my understanding, the problem is not going into Canada but coming back into the US.

We did the bus up and the train back. We were required to present passports prior to getting on the train.

What's the excursion number..

I did read the description and it did not mention a passport. You are talking about a bus/train combo and I am only talking about the train ride.

Two days ago it was no passport if you went up and back on the train, but passports were needed on the train/bus combination. Maybe things have changed since last year, but that was how it was June 2016. They made it clear you could not exit the train since we were in Canada.

We took the Whitepass Train only about 1/4 of the way up and then got off to do a wonderful long hike up Laughton Glacier. On the way back down to Skagway we *did* have to show our passports.

What is curious to me is why don't you just get a passport. If you're cruising now, you may cruise in the future. It's not a big deal.

What if you have some kind of issue on the trip and have to fly home from a different port? No one plans emergencies of course, but they happen.

Hey, I rarely see someone from BR on here. Maybe we'll meet you on a cruise sometime. We've been to Alaska twice and loved every minute of it. Next time we go there we're going to do a northbound cruise and then rent a car for about two weeks and do the interior ourselves. Have a great time!!

The information below is only applicable to U.S. citizens.

U.S. "Closed Loop" Sailings beginning in a U.S. port (including San Juan, Puerto Rico), traveling only within the Western Hemisphere, and returning to the same U.S. port (including San Juan, Puerto Rico) Valid passport or Birth Certificate and Drivers License is acceptable*. A passport substitute such as a U.S. Passport Card, Enhanced Drivers License, or Trusted Travel Program card such as Nexus, Sentri, or Fast is also acceptable.

*U.S. Citizens on closed loop cruises ONLY: The guest must have a government issued photo identification (most common example is a drivers license, see Government Issued Picture ID Card for more information) AND a document that provides proof of citizenship (most common example is a birth certificate, however, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by DOS or a Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services are also acceptable as proof of citizenship.

That only tells you what will be required to re-enter the US. It says nothing about what some other country may require for you to be allowed off the ship.

No passport is required for Skagway 3 hour train. Did it three weeks ago and we didn't need a passport because we didn't get off the train. Our train even went all of the way to Fraser, BC because the Canada/USA border turn around spot was too crowded when we arrived.

Just a note for birth certificate and ID...they must have the same last name. My mom temporarily lost her passport before our cruise (she found it so it ended up not mattering) and celebrity said she must also bring her marriage certificate to prove her name change. So just FYI--in case that might affect you.

We are getting a passport as we are sailing out of Vancouver next summer but this trip was kind of last minute and the cost to expedite a passport is just ridiculous.

ClaudiaB, do you ever sail out of New Orleans? We do a lot of Carnival cruises because of how convenient the port location is.