Value Trips

Cruisesfun65

Woohoooo!!! Thanks for the heads up. $219 per night. Still stiff, but lower than the other hotels in that area in February.

I'm happy with :D $219.00...I have a pending reservation at Embassy Suites for $309.00 and since I need 4 rooms this is a great savings for our March 2017 pre-cruise :D

I'm happy with :D $219.00...I have a pending reservation at Embassy Suites for $309.00 and since I need 4 rooms this is a great savings for our March 2017 pre-cruise :D

I hear ya. We have 2 rooms as well. Pre- and post cruise.

Now the anxious wait starts to get the confirmations.....

I hear ya. We have 2 rooms as well. Pre- and post cruise.

Now the anxious wait starts to get the confirmations.....

In case you don't hear anything in a week call the hotel and see if they have a reservation number. We did that and then plugged it into the Hyatt web site when we needed to make changes

Thanks to all of you who have posted about value trips. I booked a room last night for two nights in Feb/17 at the Hyatt Place in FLL.

My questions:

Does the $219 include taxes or are they extra?

Assuming I get the Hyatt Place reservations, should I keep my current ES reservations just in case the price drops on those rooms in the future? Or am I living in a fantasy world that the ES will drop their prices in February at prime cruising season?! I have until 48 hour prior to the reservation to cancel without penalty so was planning to keep the reservations just in case.

Are the value trips reservations easy to cancel? It said to call to cancel so I guess there's no way to do it online, correct? Should I have to cancel, do I just cancel with the hotel directly? (There is a chance that we will cancel the entire trip.)

Thanks very much!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Thanks to all of you who have posted about value trips. I booked a room last night for two nights in Feb/17 at the Hyatt Place in FLL.

My questions:

Assuming I get the Hyatt Place reservations, should I keep my current ES reservations just in case the price drops on those rooms in the future? Or am I living in a fantasy world that the ES will drop their prices in February at prime cruising season?! I have until 48 hour prior to the reservation to cancel without penalty so was planning to keep the reservations just in case.

Are the value trips reservations easy to cancel? It said to call to cancel so I guess there's no way to do it online, correct? Should I have to cancel, do I just cancel with the hotel directly? (There is a chance that we will cancel the entire trip.)

Thanks very much!

It ($219.00) doesn't include taxes but neither does the posted rate for ES $309 that I have. I also have reservations at ES too and will make the same decision you're considering as time allows...I have 4 rooms booked at each hotel and will wait and see. This will be our first time at HP but have stayed many times at ES...hope the prices will come down but I'm very skeptical for our March time frame they will they, haven't in the past.

It ($219.00) doesn't include taxes but neither does the posted rate for ES $309 that I have. I also have reservations at ES too and will make the same decision you're considering as time allows...I have 4 rooms booked at each hotel and will wait and see. This will be our first time at HP but have stayed many times at ES...hope the prices will come down but I'm very skeptical for our March time frame they will they, haven't in the past.

Thanks for your response. I figured that the $219 didn't include taxes but wanted to be sure.

What are your dates in March? I have the ES booked for Mar 5th for a post cruise stay and it's at $208 plus tax. It was higher and then, I think at the end of April, I was able to rebook at the lower rate. I will keep that booking since it's less expensive than HP, granted only $11. I was debating about changing since there is an airport shuttle with HP but the price difference is almost equal to the cost of the taxi so decided to keep ES.

Thanks for your response. I figured that the $219 didn't include taxes but wanted to be sure.

What are your dates in March? I have the ES booked for Mar 5th for a post cruise stay and it's at $208 plus tax. It was higher and then, I think at the end of April, I was able to rebook at the lower rate. I will keep that booking since it's less expensive than HP, granted only $11. I was debating about changing since there is an airport shuttle with HP but the price difference is almost equal to the cost of the taxi so decided to keep ES.

Great rate $208 you have for ES. Our dates are March 16th & 17th and my rate was with Hilton Honors. I'll definitely keep checking the ES rates...where did you book that rate (website)? I looked at the rates in early April but they were so high (darn I should have kept checking) and then I left early May for a cruise and now just starting to focus on our March trip.

My questions:

Thanks very much!

Once you get your reservation number if you need to cancel go to the Hyatt website and do everything there we needed to make some changes to our reservation and was able to do that though the website

Edited by pamkev

Great rate $208 you have for ES. Our dates are March 16th & 17th and my rate was with Hilton Honors. I'll definitely keep checking the ES rates...where did you book that rate (website)? I looked at the rates in early April but they were so high (darn I should have kept checking) and then I left early May for a cruise and now just starting to focus on our March trip.

Hi Ashland,

I booked through the HHonors website. It was on April 20th (just before I left on a cruise, too). Hopefully, the price will drop for you.

Hi Ashland,

I booked through the HHonors website. It was on April 20th (just before I left on a cruise, too). Hopefully, the price will drop for you.

Thanks so much...I'll keep checking ;)

I, too, am waiting for my confirmation, but do have one question since this is my first time using Valuetrips, I know I need to pay tax no worries there, but are there any hidden fee's associated with using valuetrips? I guess I figure the price is so good there has to be a catch, can anyone answer this?

thanks in advance.

I, too, am waiting for my confirmation, but do have one question since this is my first time using Valuetrips, I know I need to pay tax no worries there, but are there any hidden fee's associated with using valuetrips? I guess I figure the price is so good there has to be a catch, can anyone answer this?

thanks in advance.

My confirmation just says $219.00 per night not including taxes....I don't believe there will be any other fees involved...I have used Last Minute Travel Club as a 3rd party booking site and never had any additional fees when booking. Valuetrips would have had to disclose this if there was going to be on the confirmation.