All Inclusive Cozumel

Chele

We will be in Cozumel in September and trying to find an AI for a good beach day. I have read about all of the ones offered on Resort For A Day and now really confused! We will have a group of ten - ranging in age from 10 to 60. We like the things offered at Playa Mia - but wondered if it is very crowded since it is also offered by the cruise line. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Playa Mia attracts lots of families because of the water toys and toddler water park -- you can book it on your own and use a taxi (you'll need two cabs for all 10 of you) or go through the cruise line.

I would also look at Mr. Sanchos for AI or Paradise Beach for a pay-as-you-go-beach club. Cab fare to all three should be about the same; all of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island, so the water/sand quality will be about the same.

Not sure a 10 year old will enjoy Nachi - especially if he can look down the beahc and see the water toys at Mr. Sanchos! ;)

Yes but the OP said something about crowds. Sanchos gets crowded. The kids love the pool at Nachi. I just posted about Nachi because they don't want the crowds.

Yes Mr Sanchos has more than Nachi Cocom but if there are adults that are going to be in the water with the kids then just the nice beach and beautiful water is enough. If the kids have never been to A Caribbean Beach they will love anyone of them. Only you know your kid and what he or she will like. I have been to both and have not yet really seen a kid that didn't have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved Nachi Cocum, but we won't be going back this time because we want better snorkeling options. Nothing to see in the water at Nachi Cocum, although the food, beach, pool, and drinks are wonderful. I would highly recommend it unless you need snorkeling.

We loved Nachi Cocum, but we won't be going back this time because we want better snorkeling options. Nothing to see in the water at Nachi Cocum, although the food, beach, pool, and drinks are wonderful. I would highly recommend it unless you need snorkeling.

Yes, no good snorkeling anywhere in that area of the island. The hurricane and storms knocked them out. Used to be great back in the day.

Where are you going this time around?

Edited by BrotherCraig

I am sorry if this is a ridiculous question. Do these places take credit cards? I wasn't anticipating taking this kind of cash on my cruise.

Nachi takes credit cards. You put down a modest deposit ($10?) and then you can pay the rest by credit card.

My vote......GO TO MR SANCHOS!!!!!! I can't wait to go back to Cozumel and visit Mr Sanchos! GREAT price for AI, GREAT food and drinks, & clean property!!! I never had to lift a finger for food or drinks the entire time I was there!!!!!!

Edited by mwood0612

Yes, no good snorkeling anywhere in that area of the island. The hurricane and storms knocked them out. Used to be great back in the day.

Where are you going this time around?

Thinking of Cozumel Palace, Fiesta Americana, Iberostar, or Grand Royal. We want snorkeling and a pool. A beach with sand doesn't matter to us.

• 1 month later...
Thinking of Cozumel Palace, Fiesta Americana, Iberostar, or Grand Royal. We want snorkeling and a pool. A beach with sand doesn't matter to us.

Trying to get the info about Fiesta Americana day pass. I posted a question on another site and a manager from Fiesta Americana answered me saying they'd be happy to welcome us and to send them a message through their Facebook page to get the details and cost of the pass...

Problem is I am not a Facebook member. I responded to this effect and have heard nothing back.

If you have you obtained any info about Fiesta Americana, could you please share it here?

Thanks.

Trying to get the info about Fiesta Americana day pass. I posted a question on another site and a manager from Fiesta Americana answered me saying they'd be happy to welcome us and to send them a message through their Facebook page to get the details and cost of the pass...

Problem is I am not a Facebook member. I responded to this effect and have heard nothing back.

If you have you obtained any info about Fiesta Americana, could you please share it here?

Thanks.

This is what Fiesta Americana sent to me

Hello Jane! Thanks for getting in contact. We have day passes available from 8am til 6pm for $1,870 pesos (100 USD aprox) per adult in All Inclusive plan. Let me know if you have any more questions. Best regards. Angélica Hernández - Social Media

I think I read they only take pesos, seen lots of good reviews.

It's our first time to Cozumel I'd like to take my teenagers snorkeling but also want to have a bit of beach time. Nervous about taking a boat to a reef if not scheduled through Carnival in case something happens. Plus we need to go somewhere where there isn't lots of hawkers or people with their hands out for tips, drove my husband crazy in Nassau. No issues tipping for services but it was a little nuts there we got hounded the minute we got off the boat.

This place seems very nice but a little steep for the 4 of us.

Thanks.

I recently received the following information, when I asked:

We do offer day passes which includes the uses of our installations as pools, restaurants, bicycles, snorkel equipment’s, towels, food and beverage.

The schedule available are:

8 am – 6 pm: 1870 MXN per adult

8am – 11 pm: 2550 MXN per adult

6 pm- 11 pm: 1020 MXN per adult

And children from 5 to 11 years old pay the half of the prices. You can purchase it at the lobby the same day.

I used the following email address:

concierge.cozumel@posadas.com

and received a reply quite quickly. HTH

Thanks so much C'mon and C-leg5!

I'm a 45 year old married woman with no kids who just never got into Facebook. Fiesta Americana Cozumel has a toll-free number but prefer to communicate online so I have info in writing. Couldn't find an email address directly to the [Cozumel] hotel either.

This is my annual girls' trip with my sister and our best friend. $100pp a bit steep, but property looks super nice. Hopefully I can convince them!

Thanks again for the info!

CC members rock!!

Edited by alreadypacked