What's going on with Harmony of the Seas

It sure seemed like it was. All I know is I saw those prices and quickly made a deposit for a GS for the transatlantic, and I'm really glad I did. My husband came home from work that day and was greeted with "You'll never guess what we're doing next year!" Normally we discuss our travel plans together, but there was no waiting for this one.

I can't wait to see the periscopes, lives, and reviews from that voyage.

We booked in October for our July 2016 cruise (one month away!!!!). We paid a LOT for two people in an oceanview balcony, but I didn't much care. We wanted a Mediterranean cruise, and I wanted the newest ship available. I didn't even know about the Harmony when we started researching ships and itineraries, so once I found out about her, that was the only option from that point on.

For us, the price didn't really matter because this is the vacation that we want. We are making this our trip of a lifetime with a huge land trip before the cruise. For Iceland, Paris, Dublin, and Barcelona, I booked whatever hotels I wanted without worrying about price (London is a different story! Those hotels are CRAZY expensive!!!). We are not wealthy by any means, but this is something that we have been saving for over a long period of time.

Had this been a typical Caribbean cruise, I would not have been willing to pay such a high cost for our stateroom category.

A new ship = 's charging more money and they'll still get it from people who don't mind paying outrageous prices although we're not one of them. Last January while on board the Anthem we did a "Next Cruise" on the Harmony for April 2017 for $3,214.84 We decided after we got home that we didn't want to do it in April and opted for July 2017. Well, well when prices became available......the price of our D8 from April to July 2017 jumped up $1,100.00. !!!!!! humm..no thanks !

As a result we just booked the Adventure for April 2017. With that price on a soon to be "Enhanced" awesome we're paying $1,909.90 for two people for the 7 nighter. BOTH prices included the Insurance.

Jumping the price $1,100.00 between April and July turned us away also. We'll wait and do the Harmony in a year or so, the price difference of $1,304.94 sure made a difference !

We also booked that April 2017 sailing when on Anthem last January. They gave us a $200 OBC and said that we could cancel and rebook something else, since I told the next cruise "ambassador" that there was no way we would sail in April. (We only do winters.) So I booked Harmony and tried to move the reservation and was told that the credit was ONLY for the April 17 sailing of the Anthem. Did you have a similar problem? I feel hoodwinked. I composed a letter to Bayley, but haven't mailed it yet.

Kim

Kim, While on board the Anthem in January like yourself I booked a D8 for the Harmony under their current(at the time) promotion a BOGO with the second person's fare half priced. The deal from the woman who's their Next Cruise Ambassador or person in charge of the Next Cruise Department was that if we put down $100.00 for the April 2017 sailing we would get that back while on board the Anthem as OBC, so it was like holding a room without a deposit and got back the deposit. When the prices came out for 2017 sailings I checked because I wanted to move the booking to July instead of April. The price skyrocketed to over 1,000 for the same category D8. With that thought of the high price jump I decided to book the Adventure in April of 2017 with our first booking number, no deposit was required because it was transferred from my original booking in January. ALTHOUGH we wont have any OBC from Royal but a $120. gift card from Costco Travel where we always book through them or have our booking on board the ship transferred to them. I guess the bottom line here is that Royal is not consistent with what they tell one person to another. This is not the first time that we've encountered some problems where our friends got a benefit we didn't and vice versa. We've sent a letter to upper management and either received NO response or a "form" letter saying their sorry about any inconvenience that we encountered. We'll wait a couple of years when the Harmony will be more affordable.

I booked my Harmony TA right after it was announced and got a great deal for a Boardwalk Balcony! It has more then doubled what I paid for it. We also booked the 7 night med right before the crossing and that has right at doubled.

It always pays to book when cruises first come out. Like others have said, you can always move it or cancel it if you don't go!

Kim, While on board the Anthem in January like yourself I booked a D8 for the Harmony under their current(at the time) promotion a BOGO with the second person's fare half priced. The deal from the woman who's their Next Cruise Ambassador or person in charge of the Next Cruise Department was that if we put down $100.00 for the April 2017 sailing we would get that back while on board the Anthem as OBC, so it was like holding a room without a deposit and got back the deposit. When the prices came out for 2017 sailings I checked because I wanted to move the booking to July instead of April. The price skyrocketed to over 1,000 for the same category D8. With that thought of the high price jump I decided to book the Adventure in April of 2017 with our first booking number, no deposit was required because it was transferred from my original booking in January. ALTHOUGH we wont have any OBC from Royal but a $120. gift card from Costco Travel where we always book through them or have our booking on board the ship transferred to them. I guess the bottom line here is that Royal is not consistent with what they tell one person to another. This is not the first time that we've encountered some problems where our friends got a benefit we didn't and vice versa. We've sent a letter to upper management and either received NO response or a "form" letter saying their sorry about any inconvenience that we encountered. We'll wait a couple of years when the Harmony will be more affordable.

Thanks for your response. We booked through a guy. All I have is the $200 OBC underlined as proof of what he said - and of course my friend's confirmation of it.

I also agree that it all depends on when you book new ships, we booked when it was 1st announced and got a central park room for 2 for just over $1500 total with port fees. Friends of ours are trying to get on the same sailing and the rate for the same room is $1700 per person! I remember Oasis when it 1st came out was even worse as far as pricing goes.

That's it, I could not remember the name of the sale

It was 30-30-30, i think. I reserved in June 2015 for September 2026. Since The price was increase of 1000$!!!!! :eek:

Kim, In your ship's account after a day or so your OBC should show up. You can either see it over your tv or go to Guest Relations and ask for a print out, give them your room number and setsail card and you should be good to go.

In any even if you don't see your OBC show up keep that printout, there's been times that OBC doesn't show up well into the cruise due to the bookkeeping.

Good luck !

I booked my Harmony TA right after it was announced and got a great deal for a Boardwalk Balcony! It has more then doubled what I paid for it. We also booked the 7 night med right before the crossing and that has right at doubled.

It always pays to book when cruises first come out. Like others have said, you can always move it or cancel it if you don't go!

Wish we could be doing the 7 night Med before the TA. Are you able to stay in the same room for both cruises?