Fine, I'll Try a Small Ship - Live GRANDEUR Review (July 2, 2016)

Well well well. What do we have here? $89.95 drink card for 10 drinks. I had to ask the bartender at the pool bar if they sell them. He spoke to his manager and then sold me one. I didn't see them advertised anywhere.

00470480ccf64a5dee69af5ac8083467.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

f64ba03f168702703511379166055450.jpg

Isn't that pink sand gorgeous??!! And I find it amazing that it doesn't burn your feet when you walk on it, like the white sand on the US Gulf Coast does.

Love the review York, keep it coming!:D

Isn't that pink sand gorgeous??!!

Oh you mean this sand? Yeah for some strange reason I decided to scoop a bunch of it into a ziplock bag and bring it home with me.

Why am I bringing some home with me? No idea.

What am I going to do with it? No clue.

I'm just glad that security didn't think I was Pablo Escobar's distant Irish cousin when I returned to the ship.

7cad8dd852f2e2b775f8462525e408de.jpg

Whoops. I just realized what railing you were talking about. Lol. Disregard my other post.

Don't worry about it. We usually sat by the rail at night while listening to the piano player and tried to get window seats for trivia.

Well well well. What do we have here? $89.95 drink card for 10 drinks. I had to ask the bartender at the pool bar if they sell them. He spoke to his manager and then sold me one. I didn't see them advertised anywhere.

00470480ccf64a5dee69af5ac8083467.jpg

Can someone fill me in on why these cards are so coveted? You are paying $9/drink, correct? Are not most drinks at max $11. Does the card also cover wine by the glass that is much more expensive? I mean don't get me wrong, I am all about saving a buck as well, but I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Can someone fill me in on why these cards are so coveted? You are paying $9/drink, correct? Are not most drinks at max $11. Does the card also cover wine by the glass that is much more expensive? I mean don't get me wrong, I am all about saving a buck as well, but I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

It covers all drinks including frozen drinks. Courtney drinks Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc which is $12 a glass. I will not use it for my Coronas obviously but I'll use it for our bushwackers, frozen mudslides and for my Grey Goose and Sodas which are around $10-11 each (damn you RCI for not serving Tito's Vodka!!!)

Oh you mean this sand? Yeah for some strange reason I decided to scoop a bunch of it into a ziplock bag and bring it home with me.

I'm just glad that security didn't think I was Pablo Escobar's distant Irish cousin when I returned to the ship.

7cad8dd852f2e2b775f8462525e408de.jpg

You could always let Courtney's cat use it. What a wonderful gift, so soft on the paws.

I have a collection of sand from around the world that I display in small glass containers in a shadow box in my dining room. It all started when DH and I visited Bermuda in 1983 and I brought back several small film containers (remember film containers?) full of pink sand. Being from Minnesota we thought pink sand was awesome! That lead to the idea of collecting sand from all of our travels (takes up less room than mugs). We have pink, white, black, brown, grey, and red, and whenever we entertain, I always find someone in front of that shadow box admiring my sand collection.

I have a collection of sand from around the world that I display in small glass containers in a shadow box in my dining room. It all started when DH and I visited Bermuda in 1983 and I brought back several small film containers (remember film containers?) full of pink sand. Being from Minnesota we thought pink sand was awesome! That lead to the idea of collecting sand from all of our travels (takes up less room than mugs). We have pink, white, black, brown, grey, and red, and whenever we entertain, I always find someone in front of that shadow box admiring my sand collection.

Love it!

I made ornaments...

It covers all drinks including frozen drinks. Courtney drinks Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc which is $12 a glass. I will not use it for my Coronas obviously but I'll use it for our bushwackers, frozen mudslides and for my Grey Goose and Sodas which are around $10-11 each (damn you RCI for not serving Tito's Vodka!!!)

Does the price include the 18% gratuity?

Does the price include the 18% gratuity?

Hasn't in the past.

But even with it not including grats you will save $$$ if you use it to buy any drink over $8.95...if you use it to buy just the $12 glasses of wine, you will save ~$36.