Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

Maybe people should stop booking NCL and book RC or Carnival and stick it to the beards

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Maybe some will. But I'm sure NCL will still sail pretty well full to capacity.

I know I will I'm not gonna pay for pop that tastes disgusting

Fair enough. I just find it hilarious that adults would change their holiday plans over the taste of a carbonated soft drink. [emoji23]

They shouldn't tell people what they can/can't do, you're paying money for the cruise, you should bring pop/water.

Oh for goodness sake. You're paying for a cruise so you can do what you like?

They shouldn't tell people what they can/can't do, you're paying money for the cruise, you should bring pop/water.

Of course "they" will say that they are there to make money and paying for water and pop is just following their business model.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the buffet water dispensers ask you to not fill your water bottles at them? I still see people do it. It is gross when they don't use a clean glass. I do prefer to bring water on board. My kids drink a lot of it and it's nice to have in the room.

I am also disappointed with all the changes, not just this one. That's what's driving us away. We are finally platinum and now this? What's next? I don't want to have to start over with another cruise line.

WoW!

You booked this cruise on the basis that you would save money by lugging soda on board?

I don't think that's top of the list for many people when choosing a vacation.

Compensation? Seriously?

Though it exists, I'd say a small percent of cruisers carry on drinks to save money so don't try to fool yourself or others that is what all the uproar is about.

So I say to you and all the other "suck it up" posters that I agree this is a first world problem, but so is cruising in general. It's about people's personal enjoyment of what they purchase and enjoy as their vacation. All aspects of cruising is basically an extravagance created for the cruiser's indulgences. When one aspect of cruising is unnecessary to you that doesn't mean others should get over it or take your solution as the realistic compromised fix. If we begin with that train of thought then we will start unraveling all aspects of anything "frivolous" we do and are left only the most frugal. Apply this thinking to any convenient indulgence we have as a privileged society; traveling by car & plane, the size of our houses, the amount of food we eat.... Not very appealing to me.

How are some people here thinking this thread is about coke vs Pepsi??

How did it evolve to carry on drinks are no longer allowed to which brand of pop is the best???

Ridiculous.

Edited by janpo

Let's get one thing straight. I'm not taking this hard at all. I don't drink soda, and I don't carry on water. I recognize this as being another in a long line of NCL take-aways. It's been going on for years. My purpose in this thread is to simply point that out. But I've done that. But who the hell reads a 800 post thread? Most folks just skip to the end and comment on whatever is there. Like you've done.

You have no desire to schlep (sherp, ***?) soda on a ship. Good for you. Neither do I. Who cares? If you use that brain of yours you'll see that this issue is beyond diabetics and their soda and a couple of folks with swollen ankles.

Okay, I get that you're upset. I see that now and I am really sorry that this situation has caused you so much heartburn. Just so you don't make a THIRD bad assumption about me, I read a whole lot more than just the last pages, in fact, I happened to be on yesterday when the news broke here on CC and followed it off and on through out the afternoon. I feel badly for the extremely very small minority that have true medical issues with regards to bringing on their own sodas and bottled water and I am sure that NCL or any mass market cruise line would do what ever is necessary to accommodate any true special needs.

You are unsatisfied with the policy makers at NCL and again, that's understandable. Change is difficult for many. Whenever the cheese gets moved, people have problems adjusting and I can see where you are now. But here's what we all know..change is inevitable. I know that it is a scary thought, but a true one. To me though, I see change as an opportunity. Instead of getting all bent out of alignment over a change, I tend to look at how it might make things better. It doesn't always happen, and if it doesn't I look for alternatives. In this case, since it doesn't personally effect me, I have no real issue with it. If it did, I would have to weigh in the value of having those sodas and waters in my room, versus do something else. Maybe I don't cruise NCL (or any line that has the same policies), or maybe I look for alternative hydration methods as I mentioned in previous posts. The one thing I wouldn't do is stomp my virtual feet and puff out my chest and make blusterous posts on social media or even directly to the company. That's where I find humor in this entire thread. The whole disgruntlement over a non-issue, is simply hilarious as was the whole taking food back to the cabin or charging for room service a while back. As I said before, ya don't have to go. If it is a make or break situation, do what works best for you. Weigh the pros and cons and decide. Its pretty simple in that respect I'ma right?

Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but don't the buffet water dispensers ask you to not fill your water bottles at them? [/quote']There has never been a sign on the water dispensers asking you not to fill your water bottles at them on any of my NCL cruises. Can't remember if there is a sign that says to use glasses to fill them. I've been lucky, I've only seen folks use glasses to fill them. I have, however, gotten a few snide remarks from people to just put it under the spout, you are holding me up by using glasses.
Edited by NLH Arizona

There has never been a sign on the water dispensers asking you not to fill your water bottles at them on any of my NCL cruises. Can't remember if there is a sign that says to use glasses to fill them. I've been lucky, I've only seen folks use glasses to fill them. I have, however, gotten a few snide remarks from people to just put it under the spout, you are hold me up by using glasses.

I've seen both sign types on buffet dispensers and I've seen them ignored by people filling up their bottles directly. I have been on Star, Getaway, Breakaway, and Gem.

Okay, I get that you're upset. I see that now and I am really sorry that this situation has caused you so much heartburn. Just so you don't make a THIRD bad assumption about me, I read a whole lot more than just the last pages, in fact, I happened to be on yesterday when the news broke here on CC and followed it off and on through out the afternoon. I feel badly for the extremely very small minority that have true medical issues with regards to bringing on their own sodas and bottled water and I am sure that NCL or any mass market cruise line would do what ever is necessary to accommodate any true special needs.

You are unsatisfied with the policy makers at NCL and again, that's understandable. Change is difficult for many. Whenever the cheese gets moved, people have problems adjusting and I can see where you are now. But here's what we all know..change is inevitable. I know that it is a scary thought, but a true one. To me though, I see change as an opportunity. Instead of getting all bent out of alignment over a change, I tend to look at how it might make things better. It doesn't always happen, and if it doesn't I look for alternatives. In this case, since it doesn't personally effect me, I have no real issue with it. If it did, I would have to weigh in the value of having those sodas and waters in my room, versus do something else. Maybe I don't cruise NCL (or any line that has the same policies), or maybe I look for alternative hydration methods as I mentioned in previous posts. The one thing I wouldn't do is stomp my virtual feet and puff out my chest and make blusterous posts on social media or even directly to the company. That's where I find humor in this entire thread. The whole disgruntlement over a non-issue, is simply hilarious as was the whole taking food back to the cabin or charging for room service a while back. As I said before, ya don't have to go. If it is a make or break situation, do what works best for you. Weigh the pros and cons and decide. Its pretty simple in that respect I'ma right?

That's nice and all but I'm not sitting here just stomping my feet. My chest remains unpuffed, my posts unblustered. I voted with my dollars months and months before this. I encourage others to do the same.

countdown-2.jpg

I've seen both sign types on buffet dispensers and I've seen them ignored by people filling up their bottles directly. I have been on Star, Getaway, Breakaway, and Gem.
Hopefully, you say something to them and ask them to use glasses to fill it.

Easy solution for NCL...

Raise the price of the cruise by $50 per person and give each cabin a free 12 pack of water and a free 12 pack of soda.

Win-Win. Problem solved.

The coke people, and those that will only drink something they don't sell, will still have an issue and what about those that don't want the water or soda, why should they pay an extra $50.

I still say they should reduce the price of the water and charge folks the equivalent of what it would cost for the soda they bring on (because as most have said, they would buy it if they had it on the ships), plus they have to carry all of it on themselves, not having the crew deliver it anymore. Now, that is a win win for everyone, IMHO.