Length of Dinner

CLC22

If you're ever afraid it's going to be tight, be sure to let your server know right away that you have to be wherever whenever. They've always been able to accommodate us, and speed things along when they know we are in a hurry.

It depends on when and where you want to eat.

We usually go to the MDR about 5.45 and, even when sharing and talking, my wife hasn't missed a 7.15 or 7.30 show yet and often is there as the doors open.

However in the specialty restaurants where service and dining is more relaxed she wouldn't even try for the early show with a 6pm start.

Upon placing our order, we always tell the server that we want to go to the early show. As long as we enter the dining room 5:30 - 6:00 P.M., we have never had a problem getting to a 7:00 P.M. show.

For specialty restaurants, we do allow 2 hours, and attend the 9:00 P.M. show.

In specialty restaurants I expect <75 minutes with good and attentive service. A couple of minutes longer in Cagneys when I order medium well.

In the MDR I would expect it to take a bit longer, more guests, more tables, less attentive service.

In the MDR it's probably at least one hour for dinner, but could go to at least 1.5 hours depending on when you go and how many apps/entrees you order.

We discovered on our last cruise that you can break up dinner and dessert if you want to attend the early show. We would leave after we finished our entrees, walk up to the buffet and grab a cup of real coffee, and then walk down to the Stardust. Then after the show, we would head back to the MDR (usually the more casual one) and get dessert. This gave us time to enjoy the show without rushing, digest our dinner (we often ate a LOT at dinner), and then enjoy dessert at our leisure.

It will vary according to how many are at your table.

Table of 8 allow two hours

Table of two allow one and a half

But you will probably save about half an hour on that time.

That's for the MDR.

I budget a bit more for Specialty restaurants as they generally take longer, as less is mass prepared due to volume.