Port arrival and departure time

dorsetlad

Due to an unforseen problem, I have lost all the bookmarks on my tablet. I have frantically searched for a site that gives the arrival and departure times of various ports. I have found the Cruisett site, but it doesn't list all cruises. In fact for Oceana, it doesn't show any cruises after Jan 2016. Can anybody please help with any other sites that list arrival and departure times.

Brian

Due to an unforseen problem, I have lost all the bookmarks on my tablet. I have frantically searched for a site that gives the arrival and departure times of various ports. I have found the Cruisett site, but it doesn't list all cruises. In fact for Oceana, it doesn't show any cruises after Jan 2016. Can anybody please help with any other sites that list arrival and departure times.

Brian

I am having the same trouble - normally P&O will tell you the times but this time they say that we won't know until we get onboard !!. Not very helpful if you want to book non-P&O trips. CruiseTT is OK but that is the times that the berth is booked for and not what times they plan to leave, might be the same but not always. I feel that P&O are wrong over this everyone else we have cruised with gives the times when you book. You can try to look at the individual port websites but again this is only the times the berth is booked for - but better than

late afternoon, early evening etc.

Is it worth looking at the separate port websites.

Have to say we nearly always do DIY and manage to book private tours without knowing the arrival/departure times.

We arrange to meet 1/2hr after you can leave the ship, so don't have to try and get off with the hoards, and they will know when the ship is leaving and always manage to get us back in good time.

Brian

I hope this might help Brian.

It seems to have specific times.

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryLookup/tabid/2918/Default.aspx

Brian

Try this one Brian

http://www.whatsinport.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Same old story and same old excuses. P&O are terrible at providing details of port arrival and departure times, why I do not know, and why guests should have to try 3rd party websites to try and work it out goodness only knows.

And I don't care if you can arrange private excursions by second guessing the port arrival time, you shouldn't have to. P&O step up and provide more specific detail, other lines can, why not you?

Thanks for the replies. Most of the sites suggested don't seem to give actual arrival and departure times ,and the cruisecal site makes a charge. Ah well, I'll keep trying.

Brian

Brian, which ship are you on and when?

I have just pulled the info below off the cruisecal site - no problem and certainly no charge.

Azura 7:00:00 AM - 01/08/2016 Bridgetown, Barbados, West Indies Adonia 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Emerald Princess 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ocean Princess 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Azura - 9:00:00 PM 01/09/2016 Bridgetown, Barbados, West Indies Wind Star Depart: 6:00 PM

Azura - 01/10/2016 At Sea

Azura 9:00:00 AM - 5:00:00 PM 01/11/2016 Oranjestad, Aruba, Netherlands Antilles

Azura - 01/12/2016 At Sea

Azura 8:00:00 AM - 4:00:00 PM 01/13/2016 Georgetown, Grand Cayman Zuiderdam 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Celebrity Silhouette 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Tender)

Carnival Breeze 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Azura 8:00:00 AM - 5:00:00 PM 01/14/2016 Ocho Rios, Jamaica Coral Princess 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Azura - 01/15/2016 At Sea

Azura 8:00:00 AM - 6:00:00 PM 01/16/2016 Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Azura - 01/17/2016 At Sea

Azura 8:00:00 AM - 6:00:00 PM 01/18/2016 Tortola, British Virgin Island Serenade Of The Seas 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock)

Azura 8:00:00 AM - 5:00:00 PM 01/19/2016 Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles (St. Martin) Britannia 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Adventure Of The Seas 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock)

Azura 9:00:00 AM - 8:00:00 PM 01/20/2016 Castries, St. Lucia, West Indies Oriana 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Azura 8:00:00 AM - 6:00:00 PM 01/21/2016 Roseau, Dominica

Azura Arrive: 7:00:00 AM 01/22/2016 Bridgetown, Barbados, West Indies Adonia 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Let me know which ship and sailing and I will try to get the details for you and either post them here or e-mail them to you if you would prefer.

Karen

Thank you Groovechick I have just looked at Cruisecal site and found our cruise with times, really helpful. Just need P&O to stick to it now. :)

Well, the timings I got for our Caribbean cruise were pretty accurate and P&O stuck to them, although of course adverse weather etc. can play a part. One thing I did notice: for about 3 ports the P&O info said "Tender" or "Possible tender", but from the cruisecal info it was clear we were docked everywhere except Grand Cayman (where everyone has to tender anyway). Very helpful to know we were actually in port when arranging to meet for DIY excursions.

One thing I did notice: for about 3 ports the P&O info said "Tender" or "Possible tender", but from the cruisecal info it was clear we were docked everywhere except Grand Cayman (where everyone has to tender anyway).

P&O covering their back sides i suspect

CruiseCal is the site we use for arrival and departure times....never been charged and downloaded two different itineraries just two days ago!!

Go into website CruiseCal.com and click on 'itinerary lookups' across the top......scroll down a bit on that page and there are drop down boxes for ship and date....it will then display the whole itinerary with times and other ships in port that day! Brilliant site which we have found to be very accurate!

Edited by jenny wren

There are ways and means of finding out the times but why do P&O just not tell us, never had any trouble finding out times from P&O until now but they either couldn't or wouldn't tell me the port times beyond what is on the personaliser.

Ridiculous, they must know. I find this a real irritation

There are ways and means of finding out the times but why do P&O just not tell us, never had any trouble finding out times from P&O until now but they either couldn't or wouldn't tell me the port times beyond what is on the personaliser.

Of course they know. They certainly aren't going to book berthing times greater than the time they anticipate being there so they are working to a schedule which they have determined. We all know that there may be all kinds of reasons why these may not be adhered to - and we would accept that these are unavoidable or understandable and in any case would be covered by the T&Cs - so why so cagey? Other cruise lines publish timings, so I can't help but conclude that there is an agenda in not doing so.

Edited by kruzseeka

Ok so we accept that pando annoy people by not posting strict arrival/departure times in port.

What secret agenda would they have for not posting them.

It will not be to make people book their excursions as there are plenty of people who diy in ports .

You will always have some people who always book excursions as they feel safer that way.

You will always have people who never book excursions.

I cannot work out what the secret agenda could be.

As arrival times can vary so much from what was planned, for so many reasons, maybe they are trying to avoid people complaining...you said arrival time is 9am, I booked a private tour to start at 9.30, and we still haven't docked yet....and it's now 10..

I don't know.

Ok so we accept that pando annoy people by not posting strict arrival/departure times in port.

What secret agenda would they have for not posting them.

It will not be to make people book their excursions as there are plenty of people who diy in ports .

You will always have some people who always book excursions as they feel safer that way.

You will always have people who never book excursions.

I cannot work out what the secret agenda could be.

As arrival times can vary so much from what was planned, for so many reasons, maybe they are trying to avoid people complaining...you said arrival time is 9am, I booked a private tour to start at 9.30, and we still haven't docked yet....and it's now 10..

I don't know.

Many people do not use forums and don't perhaps know where to access specific arrival/departure times. A vague late morning /early afternoon description could represent a three hour difference in time spent in port. That makes a lot of difference in terms of planning the feasibility of DiY options and possibly the use of local transport. What may be very doable with a maximum time interval between the loose times given for arrival/departure may not be so if the stay is three hours shorter. And then it may be too problematic to take the risk.

Therefore I think it makes some people wary of tackling some excursions independently and they will perhaps then book a ship's excursion for security. I know there are those who will always book through the ship but for those who may be happy to go it alone, knowing how long you are in port is relevant and important. The secrecy emanates from P&O regarding berthing times and I think they hope to benefit from getting more excursion bookings that way.

Of course timings can change for many reasons but surely we're able to understand that. But in fact, when determining port arrivals via other sources, I generally find they are accurate and adhered to unless there is bad weather etc. Other cruise lines are upfront with their passengers about port times and they too could experience delays and it doesn't stop them publishing expected arrival /departure times. So back to the question 'Why don't P&O?'

We have watched Oceana now for 2 weeks leaving Genoa and Venice via the webcams for those areas and marinetraffic (I think it is called). We have watched the ship leave at the same time each week, so we are now pretty sure what time we will be leaving in August.

We also take the chance to raise a glass as she sails !!!!!!!

Sad we know!!!

On each occasion though we imagine that this is all subject to change. On our first cruise on OV2 we left at 1.30am rather than 8pm as a plane was late and they waited.:)

We have watched Oceana now for 2 weeks leaving Genoa and Venice via the webcams for those areas and marinetraffic (I think it is called). We have watched the ship leave at the same time each week, so we are now pretty sure what time we will be leaving in August.

We also take the chance to raise a glass as she sails !!!!!!!

Sad we know!!!

On each occasion though we imagine that this is all subject to change. On our first cruise on OV2 we left at 1.30am rather than 8pm as a plane was late and they waited.:)

Now that's what makes research so pleasurable! ;)

CruiseCal is the site we use for arrival and departure times....never been charged and downloaded two different itineraries just two days ago!!

Go into website CruiseCal.com and click on 'itinerary lookups' across the top......scroll down a bit on that page and there are drop down boxes for ship and date....it will then display the whole itinerary with times and other ships in port that day! Brilliant site which we have found to be very accurate!

Thank you Jenny, this is so much better than the sites I have been using.

Bee-ess, I think if you speak to one of the cruise consultants on the usual number they won't tell you anything, but last year I phoned this number:

02380 655000 (previously posted by s.o. here on CC)

about 3 months out before our last cruise and the young lady I spoke to was able to give me exact timings for every port, even down to the actual berth number/name.

Having been to the Caribbean herself earlier in the year, she also gave me some very useful DIY excursions tips, with which I'm sure her lords and masters would not have been happy. :D

Bee-ess, I think if you speak to one of the cruise consultants on the usual number they won't tell you anything, but last year I phoned this number:

02380 655000 (previously posted by s.o. here on CC)

about 3 months out before our last cruise and the young lady I spoke to was able to give me exact timings for every port, even down to the actual berth number/name.

Having been to the Caribbean herself earlier in the year, she also gave me some very useful DIY excursions tips, with which I'm sure her lords and masters would not have been happy. :D

Thanks, Yes, I've always phoned up and got the info no problem but this time No, she said that they do not have the information available. Perhaps I was just unlucky and got one of the less helpful ones - I'll try again a bit nearer departure.