Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor screw up!!

AMEN on that!!!!!!

TRASH................I need to get working on that project...............I have started a monster and it may be out of control!!!!!

They don't call you Cruise Wizard for nothing!!:D

Trash, oh no...........are you planning on doing that on Serenade?

Sort of same thing happened to me. When we became pinnacle, we received some other people's pinnacle package.

Not sure where ours went.

What aggravated me, is that C&A gave out our phone number to those folks instead of contacting us directly. The people called my house and left a message wanting their package. We were cruising at the time, but after returning home, I called C&A to tell them I had some one else's pinnacle package and that ours never came. I also told them that I didn't appreciate them giving out my phone number. They didn't seem to care.

I told them they could send a Fed Ex call tag for it, but, that never happened. The package is still here.

I did finally get mine. Was crazy that they will openly give strangers your phone number rather than handling it them selves though.

Edited by croosieloosie

Noone cares about you wasting one cent on a phone call, email RCL, whats the attitude about?.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, just WOW.

Have you tried looking them up on facebook? Just a thought.

We got someone's diamond pin while on board a couple cruises ago. The guy it was meant for was in our room the week before us.

Resolved back on post #15.

Well done, HeatherB and Cruise Wizard. Three thumbs up!:)

Wow, just WOW.

Resolved back on post #15.

Well done, HeatherB and Cruise Wizard. Three thumbs up!:)

I agree. Too bad there are many nasty people posting on CC with snarky comments. Gary - we are on Navigator with you in December. I will be asking about Trash game...

Sort of same thing happened to me. When we became pinnacle, we received some other people's pinnacle package.

Not sure where ours went.

What aggravated me, is that C&A gave out our phone number to those folks instead of contacting us directly. The people called my house and left a message wanting their package. We were cruising at the time, but after returning home, I called C&A to tell them I had some one else's pinnacle package and that ours never came. I also told them that I didn't appreciate them giving out my phone number. They didn't seem to care.

I told them they could send a Fed Ex call tag for it, but, that never happened. The package is still here.

I did finally get mine. Was crazy that they will openly give strangers your phone number rather than handling it them selves though.

That is absolutely AWFUL.

If someone wants RC to call someone and ask if they will switch so that they can have connecting cabins, RC will say, "Oh, we can't do that."

But they gave our YOUR PHONE NUMBER to total strangers?!!?!?

Utterly unacceptable.

See you on the Harmony, HOTS luncheon and the Serenade!

Don't tell John!!!! BTW - how is he doing after his neck surgery?? Luckily my head hasn't fallen off.............yet!!!!

See you guys in August at the Boatyard - I can't believe that it is the last scheduled gathering of the HOTSeas Florida group.

As you can see Gary ,Cruise wizard, e.mailed me.

This is definitely one of those small world stories.

I have cruised with Gary before on an Adventure TA , we did not really visit with each other but I know friends of ours had a great time at his Trash game.

It appears not only are we to cruise together on the Harmony in October but so are Lloyd and Lana, who are not on CC . WOW, what are the odds?

To all those who gave positive ideas and responses , thank you.

I am a firm believer in paying forward , life is too short to snipe.

Glad you were able to track down Lloyd and Lana. Hope to meet everyone on the Harmony TA.

That is absolutely AWFUL.

If someone wants RC to call someone and ask if they will switch so that they can have connecting cabins, RC will say, "Oh, we can't do that."

But they gave our YOUR PHONE NUMBER to total strangers?!!?!?

Utterly unacceptable.

Exactly!! I was appalled. Like I said, they didn't seem to care.

And can't wait to play on Harmony!

It's not the game but the people who play!

Such Fun!

Looking forward to it!

Hi Gary (and well done Heather - don't forget your dancing shoes!).

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

See, I know this is resolved, but I'm with the "let Royal handle it" camp. And I saw nothing wrong with how either of the other people in that camp said anything. And I see no "sniping" in saying something like "you're worrying yourself needlessly, let the company deal with it."

I used to work for amazon and when we would get calls from people who got someone else's package, or their package went somewhere else and they wanted to retrieve it, we insisted that they let us handle it. The LAST thing a person should do is go off to some stranger's house, or go calling someone, etc etc.

The first thing someone should do is let the company know and let them handle it.

While the giving of the phone number is BAD, if they had a policy that they were absolutely going to handle it for the customer, that wouldn't have happened. I can imagine the berating and yelling that person must have done to get that phone number.

Alternatively, the number could have been on the package or they could have looked it up in other ways and just said Royal gave it to them.

But even though it's been handled, Royal NEEDS to have official feedback and a complaint about this, so they can fix things behind the scenes.

If it's all handled by coincidence then they don't get that feedback.

See, I know this is resolved, but I'm with the "let Royal handle it" camp. And I saw nothing wrong with how either of the other people in that camp said anything. And I see no "sniping" in saying something like "you're worrying yourself needlessly, let the company deal with it."

I used to work for amazon and when we would get calls from people who got someone else's package, or their package went somewhere else and they wanted to retrieve it, we insisted that they let us handle it. The LAST thing a person should do is go off to some stranger's house, or go calling someone, etc etc.

The first thing someone should do is let the company know and let them handle it.

While the giving of the phone number is BAD, if they had a policy that they were absolutely going to handle it for the customer, that wouldn't have happened. I can imagine the berating and yelling that person must have done to get that phone number.

Alternatively, the number could have been on the package or they could have looked it up in other ways and just said Royal gave it to them.

But even though it's been handled, Royal NEEDS to have official feedback and a complaint about this, so they can fix things behind the scenes.

If it's all handled by coincidence then they don't get that feedback.

Your comments are too funny as that is exactly what I had happen to me....with Amazon! One of the very first things I ordered from Amazon was delivered to the wrong house. We had just moved into a new neighborhood. I ordered something from Amazon and when it didn't show up within the time-frame I expected I called. I was told it had already been delivered. When I asked where...they told me...it was a house a few doors down. (Same street # and name but different street designator (E/W/S/N)). The Amazon rep "suggested" (and I am being "nice" here)....that I just walk down and ask them for it. When I told them I was new to the neighborhood and didn't feel comfortable doing that the rep actually said "Well it would be a good way to meet your new neighbors". Uh...NO! I requested they (Amazon) retrieve the package and re-deliver or just send me a new one!