Stateroom Lighting / Cruise Hack

Are you constantly locking yourself out off your own stateroom because of the lighting/keycard system they use on the new cruise ships? Check this video out, I found it very useful and informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I´ve never locked out myself out of a Hotel room or cruise ship cabin that uses this System.

Not sure why I should be any more prone to Forget about my key when leaving the cabin than if the key is somewhere else in the cabin:confused:

I think it should just the opposite, as the key is located in the same place, right next to the door all the time;)

Anyway I´ve never put the actual room key / seapass Card in there.

I always have an old Hotel key Card from the pre-cruise Hotel to use, or there´s some Kind of loyalty Card in my wallet I can use.

Now I´ve never locked out myself out of a Hotel room or cruise ship cabin that uses this System.

Not sure why I should be any more prone to Forget about my key when leaving the cabin than if the key is somewhere else in the cabin:confused:

I think it should just the opposite, as the key is located in the same place, right next to the door all the time;)

Anyway I´ve never put the actual room key / seapass Card in there.

I always have an old Hotel key Card from the pre-cruise Hotel to use, or there´s some Kind of loyalty Card in my wallet I can use.

Maybe that is why you have never locked yourself out of a room that uses the system?

I always have an old Hotel key Card from the pre-cruise Hotel to use...

I was at a hotel a few weeks ago and I saved my key card for this very reason. Fast forward a few days and you will find me forgetting why I had saved it and throwing it out. Thank you for reminding me that I will be staying at a pre-cruise hotel and can use that key card instead.

Maybe that is why you have never locked yourself out of a room that uses the system?

Nope, it doesn´t matter where my key is. When leaving my home, Hotel room, cabin, Office, ... I gotta get my keys / key Cards. It really doesn´t matter where the keys / Cards are.

I'm borderline OCD when it comes to the whereabouts of my keys.. When I'm at home, add my wallet and cell phone to the list as well.. Anyway, I've never locked myself out of the room nor have I used the room key to power the lights and ac

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sometimes the most obvious solution is not obvious at all.

Thanks for the post.

Great insight.

I'll take an old hotel key and use pre-trip if needed.

Thanks.

Thank you