Port Everglades Parking

meowann

Have cruised many times out of Ft Lauderdale but this is the first time we are driving to the port. We have a Princess cruise this November and looking for parking recommendations. Need advice on parking right at terminal vs. a "Park & Go" type and being shuttled to ship. Thank you.

There has been lots of discussions about the pros/cons of parking at the port or using an off-site facility.

I prefer to park at the port inasmuch as I find it much more convienent even though it may cost a bit more to do so. The parking facilities are very secure and I don't have to worry about that aspect of leaving my car for a period of time.

We have only cruised once from Port Everglades. When we did we used Park N Go. It was a very good experience. They directed to our parking space and the shuttle pulled up behind the car. They loaded our luggage and we got in the van and were off to the terminal. They are located just outside the terminal. When we arrived back the shuttle was there waiting and we were taken right back to our car. When we were leaving they gave us bottles of cold water. We are planning on using them again next year when we go on the Conquest.

Now if you were asking about Miami I would definitely say park at the port. After doing research we decided it was the best choice. Seems like there aren't as many safe choices for off site parking there. We chose the port parking out of Miami both times.

Another vote for Park & Go (book online for the best rate). The shuttle both ways was fast, on time and very efficient and the staff was great!!

They are located literally right outside the gates of the terminal.

We would definitely use them again when we cruise from Ft Lauderdale.

Have a great cruise!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

We have used Park N Go twice before, both times with great results.

Watch their online specials, if you pay online you will get a better rate.

I believe the last time I booked the parking it was like $6.99 a day.

They loaded up our stuff, took us to the port, unloaded it and they were waiting when we got back into port. The lot is fenced in, so I don't think there is much to concern yourself with as far as the safety of your car is concerned.

When we exited they gave us two bottle of cold water.

~~Joel~~

Edited by beachsands

How close is the on-site parking lot to the RCCL terminal?

Cost per day?

Port Everglades info is at http://www.porteverglades.net. The cost is $15/day. If you are on the Allure or Oasis they depart from terminal 18 and there is a parking lot right there and a garage nearby (see the map on the website).

• 1 month later...
There has been lots of discussions about the pros/cons of parking at the port or using an off-site facility.

I prefer to park at the port inasmuch as I find it much more convienent even though it may cost a bit more to do so. The parking facilities are very secure and I don't have to worry about that aspect of leaving my car for a period of time.

I originally was planning to park offsite but have been rethinking that plan. I'm now leaning toward parking at the port. Your reasons are just the thoughts I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another vote for Park n Go...the facility is extremely convenient to I-595/US-1, secure, well-lit, shuttle vans running continuously between the facility and the cruise and airport terminals/vice-versa. :)

We've also used Park n Fly, which is just south of PnG, but our experiences haven't been quite as positive...but another convenient off-site option.

We also prefer the port terminal parking -- quick, convenient, & safe! :)

We much prefer terminal parking to Park N Go. Why? It's more convenient, as you don't have to wait for a shuttle. Most of the parking is undercover in garages. I prefer to drive and park my car myself. Most of the parking is within the Port Everglades security, so very safe. The only time I used Park N Go was "off-season", yet the cars were parked like sardines and the shuttle had difficulty making turns in the parking lot without hitting any of the parked cars. Even if you prepay, the most you can save is $6/day...this does make it worth it for longer cruises, but if it is a cruise of 4 nights or less, I'm willing to pay the extra money for port parking.

• 3 weeks later...

Port parking is what we plan to do. Terminal 18 open parking lot seems easy enough if I hop out with luggage while Porter takes them away.

DH can just park in the closest available space and cross the street to meet me at check in. (No kids in tow) yippeeee:D

Port parking is what we plan to do. Terminal 18 open parking lot seems easy enough if I hop out with luggage while Porter takes them away.

DH can just park in the closest available space and cross the street to meet me at check in. (No kids in tow) yippeeee:D

Exactly what I'm thinking!

• 3 months later...

We will be on a 6 day cruise leaving Dec 18. Have used Park N Go in the past and been happy with them. But, just checked the rates and it is $15 day/pay at lot and $12 pay in advance. What gives? The holidays? Did parking at the terminal go up?

Lisa

The terminal parking at the beginning of November when we finished our 6 night cruise it was $15 a day (total $90) and so glad we parked there. It was extremely convenient to walk right out load up and leave. I highly recommend parking at the terminal.