Room L104 on Caribbean Princess

pilotsugar

It is an obstructed oceanview. Sorry!!

If its the area I am thinking of then,

There are some steps and a raised area outside the window which is part of the outside observation area. If people are standing out there then the view is butt level from the cabin...... as they are about 2-3 steps up.

I think there there are some photos floating around CC.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin. Wondering how much of an obstructed view that it has. Thank you for any info you can give me!!

This shows the area that is in front of the cabins in that area.

890507%20347%2005.07.16%20Deck%2015%20forward%20by%20the%20roof%20of%20the%20Bridge%20DSC04892_zpsjuuhhhwi.jpg

And this view shows the windows for the cabins in that area.

890507%20357%2005.07.16%20Gym%20and%20Sanctuary%20seen%20from%20Bridge%20roof%20DSC04906_zps8sywtmty.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
We are booked in that room in approx 2 weeks

I am the L104, could you please, please, PLEASE report back on it. I read such detrimental information regarding the gym/workout machines above. A great report would make me feel so much better. TIA

Will post a review of the cabin and any possible noise for you (if I can remember how to get back here !)

Thank you so much. My son and DIL are in L101 and she is SOooooooo picky. I want them to have a nice time, without the extra thump thump from the gym. So, if you have any problems on your cruise, I can then decide if I want to change cabins. You could also private email me if you want.

• 4 weeks later...

We were in L104 aboard the Ruby on our first cruise to the Caribbean.

We were not bothered by any noise from the gym above - heard only a slight "thub-thub-thub" noise occasionally - nothing worse than any of the other normal "ship sounds" in any cabin.

We were in L104 aboard the Ruby on our first cruise to the Caribbean.

We were not bothered by any noise from the gym above - heard only a slight "thub-thub-thub" noise occasionally - nothing worse than any of the other normal "ship sounds" in any cabin.

Yes, that is the sound. But, we heard the "thub-thub-thub" (say it fast or slow - depends on how fast or hard the runner is) from people running on the treadmills all day, every day. Maybe some of those cabins right in front are worse than others. But, I would never chance it again.

Hi - your email was blocked - enjoyed roomL104 very much - can send you a couple of pics and more details if u want to reach out. Richeydave

ataoldotcom

David

I just saw your post, I have been looking for it. I would love to see the photos, email me at myfuzzy716 @ aol dot com Thanks!!

We sailed in that cabin a number of years ago. We did not find it to be noisy. What we did find, however, was that it is a good idea to keep your drapes shut when you are in any state of undress. People do walk by....

But we did enjoy being able to get outside with that great view very quickly. Many times it was like having a very large private balcony.

• Like 1

We sailed in that cabin a number of years ago. We did not find it to be noisy. What we did find, however, was that it is a good idea to keep your drapes shut when you are in any state of undress. People do walk by....

But we did enjoy being able to get outside with that great view very quickly. Many times it was like having a very large private balcony.

I live by the motto, "if it's something I've never seen before......I shoot it!

That cabin should pretty much have sunlight most of the day? I like keeping my drapes open at night to watch the sky, I know that the drapes should be closed when the lights are one, due to the Bridge below, am I correct? But when lights are out, drapes can be open? And...sorry....is the door always open to go outside, or is it closed when at sea? I am sure its locked at night though.

Edited by myfuzzy

I found that the outsides of the windows are covered in a reflective material preventing people from being able to see inside during daylight hours if you do not have your cabin light on. I went outside to ascertain this on the first day and found even if I was close to the window I could not see back in to my own cabin.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2018 at 1:48 AM, CruiseVA said:

It looks like it's a pretty large cabin, is it?

It is not large, in fact a bit smaller than standard size.  The part you are missing is the small passage that normally comes in through the door from public area as you enter.  Typically this cabin area is "dead space" as it is just there to walk along as you leave most cabins.  There is no walk in wardrobe area as in most cabins as the wardrobes are along a wall.  You are in a slightly spacier main area because this missing space is added to your general space.  Your shower room door is along a wall.  It is a lot better than the deck plan suggests.  You cannot hide behind the wall getting changed as it lacks a walk in wardrobe so couples are ok.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

• 5 years later...

Has anyone stayed in L103 and L104 recently. Just wondering if the gate is open to get to the slightly higher deck at all times or is it closed?  When can you use the higher front deck?  Would it be open for Glacier Bay cruising. How big and quiet are the cabins. Any help or photos appreciated. Thanks.