Mitsugirly is cruising on a ship with no passengers

mitsugirly

We did Calabaza in Barbados for a family of 4 and it was expensive. I honestly felt the whole cruise was expensive because we did a tour in each port and it started to really add up. Calabaza was a great tour but I honestly cannot remember if we saw turtles. The only other place we did was at Buck Island in St Thomas. I look forward to reading your review when you get back!

Yea, I checked with them and they wanted (I think) $110 pp or something like that. No way I'm paying $330 for us to spend a couple of hours on the water just because I want to see turtles.

I had thought about doing Buck Island, but then decided on a different beach this time around. Eventually I'll make it to Buck Island one day. :D

I do think the other social media sites are taking away from the roll calls.

I can't even find ANY for the Fascination on there either...for ANY dates at all. :eek:

Kim, its great to see you on CC again. I just signed on to my March 2017 Sunshine cruise & there was only 1 other person. Our next cruise will be on the Sky(4 days) then Escape (7 days). Can't wait.

Oh my, that's crazy. Maybe the days of huge roll calls are going away then.

ALTHOUGH...I just got off the Breeze and that roll call was C-R-A-Z-Y exciting. Hundreds of people on it and they all hung together on the ship every night and we even had booked a private "excursion" together that had over 100 people from the roll call alone on it.

Maybe it's the ship? Maybe it's the time of year? Maybe it's because it's not cruising from a popular place in Florida? I'm just not sure, but finding that the Fascination just isn't "popping" on the roll call for most of them. :(

Did you finally get your eye straightened out? It was touch & go for awhile. BTW I will be taking a cruise with my grown children & grandkids next October. Can't wait. My 5 yr old granddaughter has asked for Mermaid Fins. She is practicing at Swim Lessons now.

Did you finally get your eye straightened out? It was touch & go for awhile. BTW I will be taking a cruise with my grown children & grandkids next October. Can't wait. My 5 yr old granddaughter has asked for Mermaid Fins. She is practicing at Swim Lessons now.

It has gotten 110% better now. I imagine on my next check-up it will be 20/20 now. However, my only issue with it now is that out of the blue I will get a burning sensation (they say from the cells not being smoothed over all the way and the dryness...which I don't feel like it's dry ever). The other issue is that I couldn't see up close before and now I can (which they say will go away eventually and I'll need reading glasses, but I'm enjoying it for the moment) is that after staring at a computer screen, reading a book or my phone, after a few minutes of doing that and I look up for distance, it's blurry. :( Sometimes it takes several minutes to be able to adjust back. I'm still debating if I'm going to do the other eye or not. It was just not a fun time for me. :p Thanks for asking though. I appreciate it.

Aww, I hope your granddaughter enjoys being a mermaid if she gets a fin. Sakari has 2 now and is begging for a third one. She wants the "Nemo" fish tail now. She tells me "My goal is to collect them all" and she has been saving her money. :p

I can't wait to read your review. We are doing the same itinerary minus St. Thomas in December and I am so over whelmed with the planning. I'm so excited to sail out of San Juan although we only have be day before cruise, and the day we board the cruise to explore.

Maybe it's just the Fascination? :eek: That's scary. But I'll still have a good time no matter what.

May be a dumb question....but why don't you start a Roll Call thread?? That's what I do when there isn't one. But I do concur with those saying that the shorter cruises don't have as much interplay on the roll calls. We are going on a 5 day in November, and it is very slow....not too much participation or interest either. But you will still have FUN!! and the ship will be FULL!! just not with CC Roll Call participants....LOL!

I think other social media sites area taking people away from roll calls.

I am sorry to see that happen as I like to keep my cruising info here.

I completely agree and there are several good reasons for this migration:

* Much easier to use for many people

* Mobile clients that enable full multimedia interaction

* Unobtrusive alerts to new content

* Ease of uploading photos, etc

Cruise Critic is old school and likely won't ever truly be able to compete with "that other social media site."

98% of the passengers have never HEARD of Cruise Critic! No worries...you won't be sailing alone!

This is the answer. CC is popular among its fans, however I've asked people on several recent cruises if they do CC and they don't even know it exists. We've always had roll calls for longer cruises, but i think the shorter ones that draw in more first timers who don't know about roll calls create the 'no roll call' scenario.

May be a dumb question....but why don't you start a Roll Call thread?? That's what I do when there isn't one. But I do concur with those saying that the shorter cruises don't have as much interplay on the roll calls. We are going on a 5 day in November, and it is very slow....not too much participation or interest either. But you will still have FUN!! and the ship will be FULL!! just not with CC Roll Call participants....LOL!

Well, I don't think starting a roll call at this point would be worth it. I have 22 days to go before I'm outta here and if there isn't one already, there probably wouldn't be anyone joining anyhow. :(

I have to say...you are like the umpteenth person to mention "I do concur with those saying that the shorter cruises don't have as much interplay on the roll calls." Why do people keep saying this? This is NOT a shorter cruise. This is your normal 7 day cruise. :confused:

I completely understand if it was a shorter one, but it's not. Just wondering why everyone seems to think this particular cruise is a short cruise and mentioning this. :D

:p

Well, I don't think starting a roll call at this point would be worth it. I have 22 days to go before I'm outta here and if there isn't one already, there probably wouldn't be anyone joining anyhow. :(

I have to say...you are like the umpteenth person to mention "I do concur with those saying that the shorter cruises don't have as much interplay on the roll calls." Why do people keep saying this? This is NOT a shorter cruise. This is your normal 7 day cruise. :confused:

I completely understand if it was a shorter one, but it's not. Just wondering why everyone seems to think this particular cruise is a short cruise and mentioning this. :D

:p

Yeah I'm not understanding that either.

I simply think most roll calls are over on that other page for the most part generally speaking nowadays. lol!!

Kim, not sure of your plans in Barbados, but you can get a swim with the Turtles pretty cheap on the beach @ The Boatyard. Sorry, I can't remember how much now, but in comparison was quite a bit cheaper! You do pay for the entry to the boatyard, but it includes 2 drinks, loungers and umbrella and ride back to the pier if memory serves.

We did this cruise last May on the Liberty and is my favorite itinerary yet, but, VERY busy!

Edited by aztekpm