Children in the Diamond Lounge?

RIGHT? We walked through the "Living Room" on one cruise just to see what it was like (and on our way to Johnny Rockets) and all the teens started screaming at us to "GET OUT, teens only, no adults" and they actually "booed us" WOW ;). SOOOOOO, there can be a children only area but not an adult only area????

Right on for the kids. However turnabout is fair play. ;o)

I took my 14 year old grandson in the Diamond Lounge one MORNING on Explorer in June and the concierge said he was not allowed in there (GS is Diamond) and would have to leave. I then took him to the Concierge Lounge and not a word was said.

On his 13th birthday cruise I requested my GS accompany me on my complimentary bridge tour and was advised no children are ever allowed on the bridge.

From reading here I see neither of these is true.

Agree...it is kind of weird that even Disney, which is most obviously geared for families

with children, does indeed have adults only lounges. But Royal does not have a cocktail

lounge any longer that is adults only.

Why is it so hard for Royal to have at least ONE very small lounge dedicated to

adults only? There are many...many lounges all over the ship that children and

families can frequent...and D's and above still get thier free 3 drinks a night vouchers

to use in them. Obviously there are kids/teens only areas...why not at least one

adult area to relax and have a cocktail before dinner at night?

Ever heard of an "over 55 community"?? These are numerous

in Florida...wonder why? And guess who in Florida cruises a lot from the

four Florida ports? ;)

I guess Royal is more interested in becoming "Romper Room at Sea" now.

Edited by island lady

Yikes :eek:...No need to be so defensive...I was just pointing out some other options where there always seems to be no kids....Certainly no need for "you" to change your plans or is it my place to suggest you do :rolleyes:

Not being defensive. See, this is what I love about social media, people can infer whatever they what from a comment, even if that was not was I was implying. My comment was a general "hey, why can't we have an adults only area". Oh and trust me, I don't change my plans for ANYONE, regardless of age. :D

Happy cruising (oh and no, there was no sarcasm in that comment) :p

I took my 14 year old grandson in the Diamond Lounge one MORNING on Explorer in June and the concierge said he was not allowed in there (GS is Diamond) and would have to leave. I then took him to the Concierge Lounge and not a word was said.

On his 13th birthday cruise I requested my GS accompany me on my complimentary bridge tour and was advised no children are ever allowed on the bridge.

From reading here I see neither of these is true.

You have to understand that Royal Caribbean has worked very hard to earn its reputation for being consistently inconsistent. Now that it has finally earned that reputation, it is not about to give it up easily.

Since I don't have any kids, none of your comments apply to me. If you want an adult only venue, go to Seabourn. I believe they are still adults only. But don't come to a line that is courting kids and then expect there to be a kids free area. Nonetheless, I believe Disney does have some adult only venues, so you could try Disney. Disney is trying to get adults without children to book a cruise on their ships.

Thanks for the tips; however, none of those ships have a Flowrider so I'm gonna have to pass, but I do appreciate the info, I shall file it away for future use :D

Agree...it is kind of weird that even Disney, which is most obviously geared for families

with children, does indeed have adults only lounges. But Royal does not have a cocktail

lounge any longer that is adults only.

Why is it so hard for Royal to have at least ONE very small lounge dedicated to

adults only?

If you are asking me, it is because Royal Caribbean is trying to get families to book its ships.

If you are asking Royal Caribbean, then why don't you actually ask Royal Caribbean?

As to Disney, Disney is trying to get adults without children to book their ships. So Disney has set up adult only areas. If that is what you are interested in, then why don't you book a Disney cruise?

Thanks for the tips; however, none of those ships have a Flowrider so I'm gonna have to pass, but I do appreciate the info, I shall file it away for future use :D

Take a cruise that stops in Grand Turk. They have a Flowrider.

I believe many of the water parks around the country have Flowriders.

Become friends with the family that lives on the Fort Lauderdale port, that bought a Flowrider.

Buy a Flowrider for yourself.

I think it's fair to have areas for adults only. I'm not sure it's fair to make that a club that is for people of a certain loyalty status. Some kids are also Diamond level. Why is it fair for them to be excluded? I'm not sure I'd apply to "kids of Diamond" members. There are other venues where they can use their benefit.

But, if someone who is 14 had been on enough cruises to get the benefit, why would they be denied the benefit.

What if they made it so people over 75 can't come into the club?

Tom

Take a cruise that stops in Grand Turk. They have a Flowrider.

I believe many of the water parks around the country have Flowriders.

Become friends with the family that lives on the Fort Lauderdale port, that bought a Flowrider.

Buy a Flowrider for yourself.

You are just full of great ideas, why thank you so very much :) I have seen the home in Fort Lauderdale and while we would love to meet them, I am sure they don't take well to people simply walking up to their door and introducing themselves. We have a home wave; however we also like to cruise. So again, THANK YOU for your very helpful suggestions.

This is at our home wave :) Oh and just for your edification, "home wave" means it is in our home town, not our back yard. Me and the hubby

ry%3D400

Edited by Charger2008

You are just full of great ideas, why thank you so very much :) I have seen the home in Fort Lauderdale and while we would love to meet them, I am sure they don't take well to people simply walking up to their door and introducing themselves. We have a home wave; however we also like to cruise. So again, THANK YOU for your very helpful suggestions.

This is at our home wave :) Oh and just for your edification, "home wave" means it is in our home town, not our back yard. Me and the hubby

ry%3D400

Perhaps you could go on an Oasis class ship, and speak (bribe) the Flowrider manager into making one of the Flowriders adults only.

Perhaps you could go on an Oasis class ship, and speak (bribe) the Flowrider manager into making one of the Flowriders adults only.

Been on the Oasis and we just rent it for an hour or two, no need to "bribe" anyone as they do let you rent it out :D Then there is advanced stand up in the mornings, that is really nice.

The Oasis is a great class of ship, but we still prefer the Freedom class, the Solarium is much nicer, well, in our opinion :p

I think it's fair to have areas for adults only.

Tom

Is it fair? Yes. Has Royal Caribbean done it? No. Why not? I don't know, ask Royal Caribbean. Meanwhile, since the kids don't bother me, I have no objection to them being there. Also, I'm not currently planning any cruises on Seabourn or Disney, though it has nothing to do with their child policies.

And, with a little planning, you can find many cruises that while not completely free of children, are mostly devoid of them.

Find cruises that require more than one each of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday.

Try HAL or Celebrity during traditional school time.

Go on an Alaska cruise.

Edited by Cuizer2

While it's been real and it's been fun :) I must jet. Lots of things to do. Thank you to all who responded, love the chats and happy cruising. Oh and if anyone is going to be on the Liberty September 18th out of Galveston, come on back to the Flowrider or stop by the Solarium, I'll buy you a drink :D PEACE OUT :D

While it's been real and it's been fun :) I must jet. Lots of things to do. Thank you to all who responded, love the chats and happy cruising. Oh and if anyone is going to be on the Liberty September 18th out of Galveston, come on back to the Flowrider or stop by the Solarium, I'll buy you a drink :D PEACE OUT :D

Enjoy your Cruise...Bon Voyage.

Haven't your heard, since the addition of the water slides, the Flowrider on the Liberty is kids only.

I think it's fair to have areas for adults only. I'm not sure it's fair to make that a club that is for people of a certain loyalty status. Some kids are also Diamond level. Why is it fair for them to be excluded? I'm not sure I'd apply to "kids of Diamond" members. There are other venues where they can use their benefit.

But, if someone who is 14 had been on enough cruises to get the benefit, why would they be denied the benefit.

What if they made it so people over 75 can't come into the club?

Tom

I've already stated i'm with this. I think there SHOULD be an adults only lounge, just don't think it needs to be one with specific status's included in it (whether it be loyalty, cabin type, whatever). Make the Viking lounge adult only at night, no activities in there and it's setup to be seperated from the ship (outside of the fact they're slowly getting rid of it it seems).

One problem is RCCL has the kids clubs closed from 5-7, the prime time for the DL. So parents either don't go, or bring their kids. It's the same reason the CL became an issue.

As for kids in the DL, when they're not allowed my daughter doesn't go. She's only gone twice as it is during cocktail time, when other kids were in there. She's been on a bunch of cruises so knows how to behave, and just wants to sit with us, get a couple snacks and a shirley temple.

Is it fair? Yes. Has Royal Caribbean done it? No. Why not? I don't know, ask Royal Caribbean. Meanwhile, since the kids don't bother me, I have no objection to them being there. Also, I'm not currently planning any cruises on Seabourn or Disney, though it has nothing to do with their child policies.

And, with a little planning, you can find many cruises that while not completely free of children, are mostly devoid of them.

Find cruises that require more than one each of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday.

Try HAL or Celebrity during traditional school time.

Go on an Alaska cruise.

Both of our Alaska cruises this last month on Radiance were FULL of children, including the solarium that was open to them for the cold weather cruise. Where are you getting your information?? :rolleyes:

And yes, Royal already had adults only lounges (used to be CL...then children allowed in, then "NO Plans to invite

children into DL for cocktail hour"....now they are in there too).

Edited by island lady

Both of our Alaska cruises this last month on Radiance were FULL of children, including the solarium that was open to them for the cold weather cruise. Where are you getting your information?? :rolleyes:

And yes, Royal already had adults only lounges (used to be CL...then children allowed in, then "NO Plans to invite

children into DL for cocktail hour"....now they are in there too).

You are on a family friendly line, and everyone knows the children are allowed in the solarium on the Alaskan cruises.

I was on a less friendly Alaskan cruise in 1999 and there were only about half a dozen kids on the ship, one of which was my then 14 month old nephew.

I'm going on another Alaska cruise in 2018 and I would be surprised to see more than thirty children on a ship that holds over 3,000.

If you want to be kid free, try HAL or Celebrity or Princess during the traditional school year. Longer cruises also have less kids. And Alaska cruises have less kids than the Caribbean cruises.

On my last RC cruise, the ship's officers talked about how they see a lot of high tier cruisers in the fall, winter and spring, then there is a fall off during the summer and then it picks up again in the fall. Maybe these high tier cruisers have figured something out that you have not.

I was on a Carnival cruise in February 2011. The cruise began the Monday after the Super Bowl (go Green Bay) and ended the following Tuesday. It was a Caribbean cruise and I doubt there were more than twenty kids on the cruise. The only time I saw them was when I peeked into the kids club one sea day.

I cannot believe that people pick a family friendly line and then complain about the children. All of you know Royal Caribbean's policies regarding children free venues. So why, if you are trying to get away from the little ones are you cruising with Royal Caribbean???

We always traveled as a family so when we reached Diamond level so did our daughter. We looked forward to our visits to the Diamond lounge every night for a drink before dinner including a Shirley Temple drink for her which was a treat. This was a wonderful opportunity for us to teach her how to behave and socialize in a more formal setting. I may be biased but I believe she turned out to be a very well mannered young lady. I would have been very disappointed had we been denied the opportunity to spend these times together.

I believe it is the responsibility of the parents to ensure the children are behaving. Although I have absolutely nothing against cruising with children I do not appreciate loud, unruly, and disrespectful children. I also do appreciate adult only, quiet areas but then adults can be loud, unruly and disrespectful too!!