Children in the Diamond Lounge?

I never set foot in the DL or the CL.

Maybe I'll just borrow a kid and go in the DL for a couple of hours.

I wonder if you rent a kid on the Promenade?

I'll bet you'll find some parents that won't even charge you to take their kids for awhile. ;o)

I have seen children in the CL. I have not cruised since they are now allowed in the DL.

I have seen children pick up appetizers without using the tongs that are provided. Sometimes putting them back. I have never seen the concierge or a parent correct this. Maybe it happens. I personally have not seen it.

I have also seen diaper changing in the CL.

Please give us a choice.

There should be one lounge that does not allow children.

I've seen the same activities with kids picking up food, licking it, smelling it, and putting it down. I call the servers over and tell them and they throw away the food. ugh. The parents are distracted by their other kids or just talking with others.

Disney, the Ultimate family cruise line, from my understanding provides adult only bars and restaurants, why can't Royal do the same?? I have nothing against kids, I have several myself and 11 grandchildren and love them all, but would like an adult only option.

Edited by torpeedo

I never set foot in the DL or the CL.

Maybe I'll just borrow a kid and go in the DL for a couple of hours.

I wonder if you rent a kid on the Promenade?

Either you won't be able to find the parents to return them or you'll get arrested. My money is on the former. [emoji2] [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

I've seen the same activities with kids picking up food, licking it, smelling it, and putting it down. I call the servers over and tell them and they throw away the food. ugh. The parents are distracted by their other kids or just talking with others.

Disney, the Ultimate family cruise line, from my understanding provides adult only bars and restaurants, why can't Royal do the same?? I have nothing against kids, I have several myself and 11 grandchildren and love them all, but would like an adult only option.

I've always though RCCL should have an adult lounge as well. Just not sure it has to be one that gives out extra benefits to members, as there are plenty of D and up parents with kids. To me, the Viking Crown lounge seems like the best location to have one. It's separate from the rest of the ship to some degree, and does not have activities taking place in it. Of course, they're slowly getting rid of it as it is (gotta put in some more pay venue places and cabins), but some sort of spot would be nice.

I've always though RCCL should have an adult lounge as well. Just not sure it has to be one that gives out extra benefits to members, as there are plenty of D and up parents with kids. To me, the Viking Crown lounge seems like the best location to have one. It's separate from the rest of the ship to some degree, and does not have activities taking place in it. Of course, they're slowly getting rid of it as it is (gotta put in some more pay venue places and cabins), but some sort of spot would be nice.

Although not designated as adults only..The Schooner Bar, Champagne Bar and the Pub (different name depending on which RCI ship you're on) seem to rarely have kids in them...for those of you that prefer no kids around you might enjoy your (voucher) drinks in one of these ;)

But it's not an issue on the CL or SL, only the DL? I find that a stretch to believe.

Look, it's a family cruise line and it is going to evolve to remain family friendly. Any behavioral issues need to be addressed by staff and guests shouldn't give them a free pass on that. Short of those issues, no problem.

Children were not allowed in the CL some years ago during "cocktail hour" due to the adult

theme. Then the suites people started complaining. So they allowed the children in with

parent as long as they were well behaved.

Adam Goldstein stated immediately after which that there were NO Plans to allow children into the

DL. Yeah right...fast forward...now children are also allowed (on most ships) in the DL also. I think

that is why some people are complaining, since that was the last adult themed area left for adult

conversation and to relax over a cocktail.

Edited by island lady

I've seen the same activities with kids picking up food, licking it, smelling it, and putting it down.

I've seen the same behavior and worse out of Adults on the ships.... our last cruise we saw the same man, probably 40's, not only doing the above but butting forcibly into the line to eat in a hurry. When confronted , he told all of us in line we were too slow and he knew what he wanted, as he scouted outside the line and then barged in to take his food, but if he found it to his dislike, he had no problem putting it back... several of us reported him to staff and he was asked not to put food back and to wait in line like everyone else. He was not happy to say the least... we ran into his behavior daily in the WJ

1) The bridge.

2) The disco.

3) The crew area.

Took my 6 month old on our bridge tour. She was the hit of the tour with everyone. We had her in a sailor suit and she was a perfect little angel. The officers lover her too.

Took my 6 month old on our bridge tour. She was the hit of the tour with everyone. We had her in a sailor suit and she was a perfect little angel. The officers lover her too.

And I bet she was precious at that! Congrats to the proud parents! :)

On our last Radiance cruise this month, there was a very well behaved

young man of about 6-8 years old that was cute to see as he was in such

awe on the tour. His Daddy put him in the captain's chair and they put

a cap on him. Made an adorable picture and great memory for the family.

And you are right...children ARE allowed on the bridge tour obviously.

Though I am quite sure I have never seen the officers on the bridge serving

cocktails as in the theme of "children in the Diamond Lounge"? ;)

Edited by island lady

Very little kids can get away with anything. My then 14 month old nephew got to drive one of the tender boats. They get to ride on airplanes for free. They could shoot someone and not only would they not be charge with anything, but most likely someone else (who didn't pull the trigger) would be.

Edited by Cuizer2

Very little kids can get away with anything. My then 14 month old nephew got to drive one of the tender boats. They get to ride on airplanes for free. They could shoot someone and not only would they not be charge with anything, but most likely someone else (who didn't pull the trigger) would be.

Babies get into Disney theme parks free too but of course royal charges them full adult/child prices. I used to be on the fence about children in the d lounge but it never really bothered me either way if someone wants to let their kid watch me consume alcohol. All I care for is that they are well behaved (this goes for adults too). Now I'm more in favor of kids being allowed assuming they are respectful to adults and mind their manners as mine certainly will.

Although not designated as adults only..The Schooner Bar, Champagne Bar and the Pub (different name depending on which RCI ship you're on) seem to rarely have kids in them...for those of you that prefer no kids around you might enjoy your (voucher) drinks in one of these ;)

Why should people without kids always have to change their plans to accommodate those with kids??? Why can't their be a venue JUST for adults??? :confused:

I agree with that too! When last on Allure, there was a "teens only" section on the ship and adults were not allowed in there!:p If I remember correctly, it was next door to Johnny Rockets and had video games, etc., inside.

RIGHT? We walked through the "Living Room" on one cruise just to see what it was like (and on our way to Johnny Rockets) and all the teens started screaming at us to "GET OUT, teens only, no adults" and they actually "booed us" WOW ;). SOOOOOO, there can be a children only area but not an adult only area????

Why should people without kids always have to change their plans to accommodate those with kids??? Why can't their be a venue JUST for adults??? :confused:

Yikes :eek:...No need to be so defensive...I was just pointing out some other options where there always seems to be no kids....Certainly no need for "you" to change your plans or is it my place to suggest you do :rolleyes:

If you are asking me, then I would say because Royal Caribbean is a family line and thus is geared toward families. The Diamond Lounge is for people who have reached that status. Diamond status does not require that the person be over the age of 18.

If you are asking Royal Caribbean, then I would suggest that you actually ask Royal Caribbean.

That said, the disco is for 18 and over.

RIGHT? We walked through the "Living Room" on one cruise just to see what it was like (and on our way to Johnny Rockets) and all the teens started screaming at us to "GET OUT, teens only, no adults" and they actually "booed us" WOW ;). SOOOOOO, there can be a children only area but not an adult only area????

I've been in the Living Room several times. Just go early while all the teens are still asleep.

Explorer 2014 ...

MG_zps33d64b5b.jpg

MI_zps72ed23b7.jpg

MK_zps1b91f17c.jpg

NA_zps568fb518.jpg