Baltimore Cruise Terminal Hotel

Beerrocket

We leave out of Baltimore in March, trying to find a decent Hotel to stay the day before, but leave the car there for 10 days til we get back and take a shuttle to ship...any suggestions?

We were considering this hotel...

BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center 5625 O'Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD 21224

Thank you in advance for any and all info!

Edited by Beerrocket

Where are you driving from?

That Best Western probably has the greatest degree of disagreement on this board of any East Coast hotel; there are those who've stayed there and loved it, and those (largely from the area) who wouldn't venture anywhere near it.

If you're coming from the south, there are hotels near the airport that do stay, park, & cruise packages.

If you're coming from the north, there are hotels in White Marsh that do the same.

If you're coming from the west, either location is probably OK.

Looking at the Grandeur...not crazy about fact that it is older, but the itin along east coast is appealing. Have never cruised from Baltimore.

We would fly into Baltimore day ahead on SW Air, and are looking for a clean, safe hotel convenient to the port for an overnight stay pre cruise..,preferably with an on site restaurant so we need not travel around much..

How far is it from cruise port to airport....can we get a taxi post cruise or is there another best way to go...??

Thanks for any assistance..

We are driving in for August 18, 2016, sailing. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Cruiseport, 1701 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD. We are using the Park and Cruise Package. They have a shuttle to and back from the port in the package. You just would not be leaving a car. I booked back in November 2015 and got the room and parking for $136. Not sure what the price would be today.

Looking at the Grandeur...not crazy about fact that it is older, but the itin along east coast is appealing. Have never cruised from Baltimore.

We would fly into Baltimore day ahead on SW Air, and are looking for a clean, safe hotel convenient to the port for an overnight stay pre cruise..,preferably with an on site restaurant so we need not travel around much..

How far is it from cruise port to airport....can we get a taxi post cruise or is there another best way to go...??

Thanks for any assistance..

There are many hotels near the BWI airport corridor.

If you stay in that area you are about 15 to 20 minutes to cruise port.

There will be taxi's at the cruise terminal or you may consider Uber or Lyft.

There is a Best Western on Dorsey Road in Elkridge that offers a park & cruise package. The shuttle to the port is very nice and you can book the time you want to leave when you check in. If I remember correctly the first shuttle leaves at 9AM. We have stayed there several times and it is nice but not alot around that area. They do have a pub in the same parking lot. Enjoy your cruise on the Grandeur. Baltimore is a great port to cruise from.

We have a wedding in Sept at the Inner Harbor,we will be staying at the Sonesta Hotel. We are planning to sail on Carnival Pride the next day.Does anyone know the distance to the ship terminal from the Inner harbor.Taxi rates ? Its costing us $50.00 plus tips from the airport.To Hotel.

We have a wedding in Sept at the Inner Harbor,we will be staying at the Sonesta Hotel. We are planning to sail on Carnival Pride the next day.Does anyone know the distance to the ship terminal from the Inner harbor.Taxi rates ? Its costing us $50.00 plus tips from the airport.To Hotel.

1.9 miles, 7 minutes, $9.51 (plus tip).

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Baltimore&from=Royal+Sonesta+Harbor+Court+Baltimore%2C+Light+Street%2C+Baltimore%2C+MD%2C+United+States&to=Cruise+Maryland+Terminal%2C+East+McComas+Street%2C+Baltimore%2C+MD%2C+United+States&fromCoord=39.2827957,-76.6139101&toCoord=39.26496909999999,-76.59863229999996

The following rates will be visible on the meter in our taxis:

Charges for transportation must be computed by the taximeter at the rates listed immediately below, except for the flat rates to BWi and certain non-metered rates shown in the “Non-Metered Rates” section below.

$1.80*First 1/11 mile or fraction thereof.$.20*Each additional 1/11 mile or fraction thereof.$.20*Each 30 seconds of waiting time

We are driving in for August 18, 2016, sailing. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Cruiseport, 1701 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD. We are using the Park and Cruise Package. They have a shuttle to and back from the port in the package. You just would not be leaving a car. I booked back in November 2015 and got the room and parking for $136. Not sure what the price would be today.

That sounds good...we want to stay as close to the port as possible...clean lodging in ok neighborhood.

Thanks for Sonesta idea..also a good possibility Hope we could get a good return flight on SW Air to Islip. Have changed planes there many times but never gone thru security etc.

Baltimore's a nice city to visit. Shame to waste your stay at the Airport or at White Marsh. Two of the bleakest places in the area.

If it's just a night, best to look around the Inner Harbor or Mount Vernon neighborhood. We've stayed Days Inn Inner Harbor for conventions, and at the Indigo near Mount Vernon. Both were good stays. I've heard that the Hampton Inn near Camden Yards is good, and for something different, Admiral Fells Inn.

Where are you driving from?

That Best Western probably has the greatest degree of disagreement on this board of any East Coast hotel; there are those who've stayed there and loved it, and those (largely from the area) who wouldn't venture anywhere near it.

If you're coming from the south, there are hotels near the airport that do stay, park, & cruise packages.

If you're coming from the north, there are hotels in White Marsh that do the same.

If you're coming from the west, either location is probably OK.

Baltimore's a nice city to visit. Shame to waste your stay at the Airport or at White Marsh. Two of the bleakest places in the area.

If it's just a night, best to look around the Inner Harbor or Mount Vernon neighborhood. We've stayed Days Inn Inner Harbor for conventions, and at the Indigo near Mount Vernon. Both were good stays. I've heard that the Hampton Inn near Camden Yards is good, and for something different, Admiral Fells Inn.

If the goal is to visit Baltimore, I agree completely. My personal favorite is probably the Hotel Monaco, although I usually stay at the Renaissance as a Marriott Rewards member.

Many (if not most) of these questions are from someone simply looking to park, stay, and cruise, not to visit Baltimore. There are a very limited number of hotels in the Inner Harbor/Mount Vernon/Fells Point area that offer those packages. If one is leaving New York or New Jersey after work, arriving late, and just wants to park and sleep, then White Marsh meets that need. Ditto for the airport if either flying in late or driving in late from the south.

I wouldn't generally recommend either to someone driving in ahead of their cruise for more than a night; I'd probably recommend staying close to things to do (Inner Harbor/Mount Vernon/Fells Point) and pay to park at the cruise terminal.

thanks for sonesta idea..also a good possibility hope we could get a good return flight on sw air to islip. Have changed planes there many times but never gone thru security etc.

islip is a great airport to fly in or out of. Southwest is the only major airline that uses it. Security is quick and easy

If you are looking for hotel with shuttle and parking this is a good tool.

Hotel booking sites don't always have the advantage of free parking package included.

http://trinityreservations.com/hoteloptions.php

I used this site to book for October cruise from B'more, and package cost was less than other sites and it included shuttles to/from cruise port and 10 days free parking.

If the goal is to visit Baltimore, I agree completely. My personal favorite is probably the Hotel Monaco, although I usually stay at the Renaissance as a Marriott Rewards member.

Many (if not most) of these questions are from someone simply looking to park, stay, and cruise, not to visit Baltimore. There are a very limited number of hotels in the Inner Harbor/Mount Vernon/Fells Point area that offer those packages. If one is leaving New York or New Jersey after work, arriving late, and just wants to park and sleep, then White Marsh meets that need. Ditto for the airport if either flying in late or driving in late from the south.

I wouldn't generally recommend either to someone driving in ahead of their cruise for more than a night; I'd probably recommend staying close to things to do (Inner Harbor/Mount Vernon/Fells Point) and pay to park at the cruise terminal.

My dh and I are driving from Michigan and want to see the area, we will be arriving early morning on a Saturday before our cruise, we are still going to be parking at the port. Do you have any specific hotels you would suggest for the end of April? And what parking situations would be like for those hotels

Thank you in advance :)

+1 on Hotel Indigo! They've got a great bar/restaurant on site, or you can walk to Sotto Sopra (amazing Italian) or Tio Pepe's (amazing Spanish). Or if you're just looking for a burger and a pint, Mick O'Shea's! Cab to the port from that hotel shouldn't be more than $20?