Cococay Cabanas ... yea or nea?

Here is an e-mail I received from Felix, the concierge on Enchantment about pricing of cabanas on CocoCay. This was Nov., 2015, so prices have probably increased, but there was also tiered pricing based on location of the cabana. We ended up missing CocoCay due to weather, so I can't say if it was worth the money or not. Might try for one again. Might not....

November 11th, 2015, 09:52 AM

Cool Cruiser

Default New, or new to me tier pricing for Cocoa Cay

Just received an e-mail from the concierge on Enchantment. It seems the cabanas on Coco Cay are now priced differently depending on locations.

Here is an excerpt from the e-mail I received this morning:

For your guidance i have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 --- $216

Cabanas 1 and 2 --- $230

Cabanas 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 --- $250

Please Note *** In the Event that a Cabana has been confirm to you, this email will be use as a confirmation that you have agreed to be charge on your onboard account & in the unlikely event of not attending or failing to cancel within the 24 HR period, REFUND would not be apply.

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

I'm surprised someone had a bad experience at the bar at the cabanas. I've used that bar many times and there's always been a blender or they bring the frozen mix over and keep in the coolers. Also usually a nice drink. But since it's bartender dependent I guess they could get a bad one over there.

I'm surprised someone had a bad experience at the bar at the cabanas. I've used that bar many times and there's always been a blender or they bring the frozen mix over and keep in the coolers. Also usually a nice drink. But since it's bartender dependent I guess they could get a bad one over there.

You know, I missed meeting you every Allure get together! :(

Definitely plenty of blenders and Labadoozies on Labadee, but good someone can chime in about CoCoCay. Maybe it was an off day in the cabana bar, and I hope an exception to what is the normal experience.

Is there a map of these cabanas like the maps of Labadee that have been floating around? Not the schematic map that shows the general location of the cabana area, but has someone gotten a shot of the beach and then numbered the cabanas?

You know, I missed meeting you every Allure get together! :(

Definitely plenty of blenders and Labadoozies on Labadee, but good someone can chime in about CoCoCay. Maybe it was an off day in the cabana bar, and I hope an exception to what is the normal experience.

I know. We kept missing each other that trip...

As to Cococay cabana area bar - like I said I've never had a bad experience and I have gotten frozen drinks. Hope it was just an anomaly.

Is there a map of these cabanas like the maps of Labadee that have been floating around? Not the schematic map that shows the general location of the cabana area, but has someone gotten a shot of the beach and then numbered the cabanas?

I saw one floating around a few years ago. I will see if I can find it for you - but I feel like it only had the cabana numbers on the CocoCay one.

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

Would not recommend #1 or #2. We had and from what I remember those and the closest to the gate. Not even a gate, just a rope in front of our cabana. We would return from the water and consistently find strangers in our cabana who walked right in. I would have to get the attendant to pull them out, but then we would have all the water and sand and wet cushions. Kept happening. They also took all our chairs and pulled them down to the beach so we had no where to sit outside of the cabana. I would watch people sneaking in all the time and the poor attendants would be running after people trying to shoo them away. Many people complained they were supposed to be there. Lots of yelling, dirty looks. Made for an unenjoyable day unfortunately. Recommend far inside if you get one.

I had a detailed map with pre-printed numbers but can't find it right now. Following, though, is a map of the Cabana area from 2013 on which I circled where cabana #6 is located - that is the cabana we have had twice and we loved that location. Cabana #1 is at the top of the map (just to the left of the entrance and the circled building marked with the big number 2), the numbers of the cabanas through at least 8 then run counter clockwise down the coast. The snorkel beach is above and to the right of the #1 and 2 cabanas. Hope this helps....

28357105482_a2de6f02c6.jpg

Here is an e-mail I received from Felix, the concierge on Enchantment about pricing of cabanas on CocoCay. This was Nov., 2015, so prices have probably increased, but there was also tiered pricing based on location of the cabana. We ended up missing CocoCay due to weather, so I can't say if it was worth the money or not. Might try for one again. Might not....

November 11th, 2015, 09:52 AM

Cool Cruiser

Default New, or new to me tier pricing for Cocoa Cay

Just received an e-mail from the concierge on Enchantment. It seems the cabanas on Coco Cay are now priced differently depending on locations.

Here is an excerpt from the e-mail I received this morning:

For your guidance i have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 --- $216

Cabanas 1 and 2 --- $230

Cabanas 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 --- $250

Please Note *** In the Event that a Cabana has been confirm to you, this email will be use as a confirmation that you have agreed to be charge on your onboard account & in the unlikely event of not attending or failing to cancel within the 24 HR period, REFUND would not be apply.

These prices were the same when I went in January, and we got the bottle of champaign, the evian water, and the fruit plate. Also we had that #6 Cabana and will vouch for it being a really good position.

Now I want a mimosa [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hear you. Wish I had one this morning...last month on Ovation, starting the day with Eggs Benedict and a Mimosa (ok, two) in Coastal Kitchen was fantastic.

I had a detailed map with pre-printed numbers but can't find it right now. Following, though, is a map of the Cabana area from 2013 on which I circled where cabana #6 is located - that is the cabana we have had twice and we loved that location. Cabana #1 is at the top of the map (just to the left of the entrance and the circled building marked with the big number 2), the numbers of the cabanas through at least 8 then run counter clockwise down the coast. The snorkel beach is above and to the right of the #1 and 2 cabanas. Hope this helps....

28357105482_a2de6f02c6.jpg

You are AWESOME! Thanks so much!

We enjoy the cabanas. For us, when you look at the upgrade lunch, the more comfortable chairs and the private bar. It's worth it to us. Now there are so many places to if you want privacy, spots in the shade, spots by the water. But if you like that upgraded just a little nice then the other spots. Then choose the cabanas. BTW- people in suites get first dibs on the cabanas on CoCo Cay. If you are not in a suite. Go to the Guest services/ excursion desk first when getting on the ship and get your name on the list. It's a first come type of deal. Hope this helps and Happy Sailing!!! When I get home, I'll try to post some pictures of what they look like.

• 2 weeks later...
Just returned from Majesty of the Seas ...

CocoCay now has 5 cabanas over near the cabanettes

The cabanas are $225

Thanks for this.

Do you know if they come with the same perks as the other cabanas: upgraded lunch, champagne, water, fruit plate, snorkel gear, floating mats?

Thanks for this.

Do you know if they come with the same perks as the other cabanas: upgraded lunch, champagne, water, fruit plate, snorkel gear, floating mats?

Yes to all but the champagne. There is also a new "bus stop" :D where the golf cart comes and picks you up to take you to the "cabana area" for the lunch. The new cabanas have only been available for one week.

Yes to all but the champagne. There is also a new "bus stop" :D where the golf cart comes and picks you up to take you to the "cabana area" for the lunch. The new cabanas have only been available for one week.

Excellent, thanks again!

I just had a cabana for the first time on my cruise last week. We had the $275 cabana with the upgraded lunch, which made for an incredible day all around. The $275 cabanas are also the ones that look out toward the ship and, IMO, are in the best area. The cabana area is railed off, has its own restrooms, bar, and nice heavy-duty umbrella tables and chairs to eat lunch - lots of shade. Even though my grandmother bought our cabana and not me, I can easily say if I were buying it I would spring for the extra $50.

We had cabana #3, which is the only one with a solid view of both the ship and the beach from the cabana. It was delightful.

In either of these areas, are you close to a water area for "swimming" - interpret that as shallow water that I can go out into to cool down - not actual "swimming". :D

I just ask because we've never gotten a cabana as I was told years ago that they were in a rocky area where you couldn't really swim.

Also, we're on Majesty next month in a GS, do we have to contact someone if we want a cabana or do we get an email or something?

In either of these areas, are you close to a water area for "swimming" - interpret that as shallow water that I can go out into to cool down - not actual "swimming". :D

I just ask because we've never gotten a cabana as I was told years ago that they were in a rocky area where you couldn't really swim.

Also, we're on Majesty next month in a GS, do we have to contact someone if we want a cabana or do we get an email or something?

They are not "on" a beach where you can swim, but both areas are right by good, shallow swimming. For the $275's, you walk out of the enclosed area and there are the beach chairs. We swam for hours and went back and forth quite a bit.

The new cabanas are on the beach ...

Majesty%20OTS%20July%2029%202016%2019_zpskwoyysrd.jpg

Here are some pictures of the cabana we were in, neighboring cabanas that more directly faced the beach and lounge chairs near us, and the last one shows how close we were to the ocean and shallow swimming inlet, taken just outside the cabana area.

IMG_3228_zps2mrdtjfl.jpg

IMG_3234_zpsnndmxxcc.jpg

IMG_3217_zpskrhtcbbo.jpg

image_zps5w1mbnsm.jpeg

Just returned from Majesty of the Seas ...

CocoCay now has 5 cabanas over near the cabanettes

The cabanas are $225

Majesty%20OTS%20July%2029%202016%2018_zpszvh0btly.jpg

Majesty%20OTS%20July%2029%202016%2017_zpsvsnk5ndo.jpg

Majesty%20OTS%20July%2029%202016%2019_zpskwoyysrd.jpg

A new bathroom near the cabanette / cabana area

Majesty%20OTS%20July%2029%202016%2015_zpsgwc4i0nq.jpg

I definitely wouldn't pay $225 for these cabanas. But the other ones, I think they look well worth the cost for the comfort and privacy.