Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Check Kohls

thanks, I will check them out :)  they have some on amazon, but the clearance rack prices at Target, were so good, unfortunately nothing in my size :(

Started to go through things I had set aside for alaska, & happily found that I had bought both of us silk thermals last spring on clearance at Costco....  (Who knew??)   the problem with living in in a 3 season climate is that you buy things like that, store them away & forget....:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Oh Lois, I feel very bad for you because I know how much you looked forward to these cruises. I think you are doing the right thing because we just have no way to know what is ahead in regards to this virus. I guess you could say “better safe than sorry”. I think our priority now is to stay well so that there will be many more enjoyable cruises in our future😊

Sharon 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I just cancelled my crossing:classic_sad:.....tomorrow I will be calling AMA and cancelling my river cruise. One thing at a time.

😥I'm so sorry, Lois.  I used to hate this phrase but it somehow seems appropriate: Adulting is hard 💔 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I think it was mostly used by 20 somethings who are just beginning to live on their own and facing real world choices.  Even in my mid 40's though there are times I don't want to be a grown up 🙂 

Oh wow….you are young:classic_smile:......I will be 62 next week---so I could be your Mom:classic_wink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

I just cancelled my crossing:classic_sad:.....tomorrow I will be calling AMA and cancelling my river cruise. One thing at a time.

I'm sorry Lois, even though it's the right thing to do I'm sure you're disappointed.   Hopefully you'll be able to rebook soon & have your retirement/beat cancer cruise 

12 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Upper end of mid-40's 🙂 I was born in 1973, so you would be a young Mom 😉 Thanks for calling me young though!

LOL.....we are both young:classic_smile:.....although I am in the group of those in the "over 60 group" when it comes to the

virus:classic_blink:

• Thanks 1

well, Canada just now shut down their ports to cruise ships over 500 persons, so there went our trip :(  I know, I know that I am being a big baby, but boy was I looking forward to this.  

& all the poor people in Alaska who make their living off of cruise passengers...  I can't imagine how worried they must be. 

Yesterday Steve's Dr. put him on  house quarantined for a few weeks because of his asthma.  Which means that I can go to work, but not have close contact with anyone, included grandkids...  

like Pacruise said, adulting is hard

Did any of you see----Princess cancelled cruises for 60 days.

And now All of the Royal Family cancelled for 30 days....that includes Celebrity, Azamara and Silversea. So my

cruise would have been cancelled!!!!!!

• Like 1

We arrived home very late last night (actually this morning) from our cruise. Our delays were all travel related. Celebrity did a phenomenal job of cleaning (as they always do). We were more concerned about the airplane & very glad to be sitting in first class. I still cleaned everything around me with my Lysol wipes.

Lois I’m so sorry you had to cancel your long awaited trip, think of it as a postponement not a cancellation. Melody 

just checking in to see how you're doing Lois ( & everyone else who posts here as well)  I know that Cynthia was on quarantine as she was in Italy, I wonder how she's faring....  

I'm fine, just a little stir crazy...  got my home office set up as best I could so I'm able to work from home as long as it takes.  

Take care everyone :)

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

just checking in to see how you're doing Lois ( & everyone else who posts here as well)  I know that Cynthia was on quarantine as she was in Italy, I wonder how she's faring....  

I'm fine, just a little stir crazy...  got my home office set up as best I could so I'm able to work from home as long as it takes.  

Take care everyone :)

Good morning....Cynthia is in Italy now? I didn't realize that!!! I hope she is doing ok. Those poor Dr's. the amount

of patients so totally exceeding the number of beds they have:classic_sad: and if we don't get our act together SOON...…..

we are on their same path....:classic_angry: and need to start listening to the scientists!!!!

I am doing better, thanks so much.  Actually 99% healed.....just a teeney spot left that looks like it will be

cleared up within just a few more days. But no pain at all.   It is all kind of surreal. I would have been all excited

and getting clothes/money/etc....all worked on for the big trip.:classic_wacko:.....now? Who knows when anything will be

back to normal.

Hope you and everyone else is doing ok too.  Oh, I am 62 today.....what a way to spend

your birthday LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning....Cynthia is in Italy now? I didn't realize that!!! I hope she is doing ok. Those poor Dr's. the amount

of patients so totally exceeding the number of beds they have:classic_sad: and if we don't get our act together SOON...…..

we are on their same path....:classic_angry: and need to start listening to the scientists!!!!

I am doing better, thanks so much.  Actually 99% healed.....just a teeney spot left that looks like it will be

cleared up within just a few more days. But no pain at all.   It is all kind of surreal. I would have been all excited

and getting clothes/money/etc....all worked on for the big trip.:classic_wacko:.....now? Who knows when anything will be

back to normal.

Hope you and everyone else is doing ok too.  Oh, I am 62 today.....what a way to spend

your birthday LOL

Happy Birthday Lois!🎉🎂🎉 I guess this will be a memorable one for sure. Also so good to hear that you are healed and have no discomfort. Way to go👏

i certainly agree with you about getting our act together. Listening to the doctors who are advising us, it is very clear that we must “flatten the curve” so we don’t overwhelm the medical community and resources. We are staying home but I know people who are not doing this and use media hype to justify their decision. They ignore the fact that while they are risking their own life, they are also risking the lives of those who they come in contact with. Studies show that younger people, including children, can contract the virus with few if any symptoms BUT they can spread the virus. 

Perhaps one bright spot in all of this is that it looks like congress is actually making an effort to work together on necessary issues and the president has actually tempered his tone somewhat  while finally admitting that we have a problem and it is bad, Can’t  fix something if we don’t think it needs fixing. 

Ok, I’m sorry Lois, to hijack your happy birthday wishes.  I guess I just have to vent a little. 

So I hope you have a good day, stay safe and well😊

Sharon

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

back to normal.

your birthday LOL

Hi Lois, Happy Happy Cyber Birthday !!  Cynthia I believe was in Italy last month from posts back then... I happened to be on the HAL boards & read a post from her saying she was safely home & under quarantine... but this was maybe last week... hope she continues to be symptom free, but she's youngish (like us lol) so she should be fine.    

So glad to hear you are almost completely healed, & so glad that your treatment was completed before this hit the fan.  

& yes, we need to listen & follow the science behind this.  You can study the maps of the 1918 flu & see that cities that closed everything where people gather together had far less deaths. 

Having a hard time getting my husbands very elderly & in very, very bad health parents to understand & stay home.  They are "fox" fans if you get my meaning, & don't believe that this is real, though in the last day I think they are starting to get it...  they still want their housekeeper to come in & go get their haircuts & pedicures & it makes my head want to explode.  My mom is the same.  She is planning on attending a very large wedding this weekend & I can't talk her out of it.  (Sorry for my rant) 

& I know about the planning, & packing & little details that you should be doing for your trip now.  But if we all take care, it will happen,  just not now.   I haven't taken down my little countdown for next weeks cruise yet even though it's canceled.... or the Alaska one in May, even though I logically know we can't go with Steve's Asthma.    Going to erase both from my little kitchen chalkboard today & put up the countdown for next May in Europe.   By then there will be a vaccine.  

On the bright side, I have lots of time for hiking & running

11 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois, Happy Happy Cyber Birthday !!  Cynthia I believe was in Italy last month from posts back then... I happened to be on the HAL boards & read a post from her saying she was safely home & under quarantine... but this was maybe last week... hope she continues to be symptom free, but she's youngish (like us lol) so she should be fine.    

So glad to hear you are almost completely healed, & so glad that your treatment was completed before this hit the fan.  

& yes, we need to listen & follow the science behind this.  You can study the maps of the 1918 flu & see that cities that closed everything where people gather together had far less deaths. 

Having a hard time getting my husbands very elderly & in very, very bad health parents to understand & stay home.  They are "fox" fans if you get my meaning, & don't believe that this is real, though in the last day I think they are starting to get it...  they still want their housekeeper to come in & go get their haircuts & pedicures & it makes my head want to explode.  My mom is the same.  She is planning on attending a very large wedding this weekend & I can't talk her out of it.  (Sorry for my rant) 

& I know about the planning, & packing & little details that you should be doing for your trip now.  But if we all take care, it will happen,  just not now.   I haven't taken down my little countdown for next weeks cruise yet even though it's canceled.... or the Alaska one in May, even though I logically know we can't go with Steve's Asthma.    Going to erase both from my little kitchen chalkboard today & put up the countdown for next May in Europe.   By then there will be a vaccine.  

On the bright side, I have lots of time for hiking & running

Thanks for the birthday wishes:classic_biggrin: and I am not a panicker but really sorry your parents are not heeding the advice

of the Dr's/scientists.   Sadly, the folks you mentioned don't think anything that is happening is real......well, maybe a

few of them are changing but OMG...….they are nuts.   This is real and folks over 65 are in the most vulnerable

category. You really need to impress upon your Mom not to go...… and don't be sorry for anything. We are all here

to help/listen.  If we don't heed the advice of the Dr's we are going to end up like Italy and we are only a couple

of weeks behind them.:classic_sad:

• Like 1

Happy belated bday Lois!  Just got my husband out of hospital last night. He has viral bronchitis & will be on oxygen & meds for awhile. We were both tested for the virus, results aren’t in for several more days. Docs feel the culprit was MardiGras not the cruise (timing fits better). The ship was clean without any sickness reported in the 21 nights

• Like 2