Guaranteed room

gremlinbangles

I was just wondering why you can choose your cabin on Princess or you can let Princess choose the cabin for you, options, are the same price?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Never interested enough to click on the button. We like to choose our own cabin.

Why not click on the button and see?:D

I always book a guarantee. You worst you can get is the one you paid for but I have always gotten better cabins. The only real difference is deck and location. Cabins are always the same.

Never interested enough to click on the button. We like to choose our own cabin.

Why not click on the button and see?:D

I have, it picks a room for you. So it's not really a guaranteed room. All I can figure it is for people that have no clue to where they want to be so Princess just randomly assigns a room to you.

I have, it picks a room for you. So it's not really a guaranteed room. All I can figure it is for people that have no clue to where they want to be so Princess just randomly assigns a room to you.

Yes, I think that must be the reason. I wonder how many people actually choose that?

Once cabin categories start selling out Princess does offer guarantee cabins, and they do it by category (IA, IB, BA, BB etc) at the current price for that category, not just Inside or Balcony at a the lowest price.

We prefer a midships cabin but on a cruise we did last year, which we booked about a month before departure date, the only cabins left to select weren't where we preferred to be. I was just dithering over which cabin to select when an IA guarantee popped up. I grabbed it and we ended up exactly where we wanted to be.

Yes, I think that must be the reason. I wonder how many people actually choose that?

Once cabin categories start selling out Princess does offer guarantee cabins, and they do it by category (IA, IB, BA, BB etc) at the current price for that category, not just Inside or Balcony at a the lowest price.

We prefer a midships cabin but on a cruise we did last year, which we booked about a month before departure date, the only cabins left to select weren't where we preferred to be. I was just dithering over which cabin to select when an IA guarantee popped up. I grabbed it and we ended up exactly where we wanted to be.

Yes mid ship is best, however when we book early sometimes we will get mid forward then get the room that is next to the middle category. Close enough and save a few dollars too! Also like caribe balconies.

I was just wondering why you can choose your cabin on Princess or you can let Princess choose the cabin for you, options, are the same price?

Ive been wondering the same thing, and after reading posts from last week I think the answer is that by letting Princess choose for you (sometimes the only option and always at least tied for the lowest possible price for the cabin type), you are guaranteed the cabin type but you have a chance at an upgrade (either within the same cabin type but a higher category (IE to IA) or perhaps even a step up in cabin (balcony to mini-suite) ).

If that's wrong, someone please tell me.

When I picked the option where Princess picks the room, it doesn't say guarantee cabin type. It actually assigns you a cabin number. So I don't consider that a guarantee room type since you are assigned a cabin.

Also you can select your cabin and mark your selection for an upgrade. Was just curious why someone would let Princess pick your cabin when you can pick it and prices appear to be same.

Ive been wondering the same thing, and after reading posts from last week I think the answer is that by letting Princess choose for you (sometimes the only option and always at least tied for the lowest possible price for the cabin type), you are guaranteed the cabin type but you have a chance at an upgrade (either within the same cabin type but a higher category (IE to IA) or perhaps even a step up in cabin (balcony to mini-suite) ).

If that's wrong, someone please tell me.

The button that says "Choose for Me" is for people who don't know what/where they want to be, so let Princess make the decision. The cabin # is assigned immediately.

The button that says "Reserve" is the guarantee option. You'll get a cabin in your chosen category or higher. You'll definitely get a cabin. The cabin # will be assigned anywhere from when you book until you get to the port to check in.

Yes mid ship is best, however when we book early sometimes we will get mid forward then get the room that is next to the middle category. Close enough and save a few dollars too! Also like caribe balconies.

Yep one room into mid aft or mid forward doesn't make much difference.

The button that says "Choose for Me" is for people who don't know what/where they want to be, so let Princess make the decision. The cabin # is assigned immediately.

The button that says "Reserve" is the guarantee option. You'll get a cabin in your chosen category or higher. You'll definitely get a cabin. The cabin # will be assigned anywhere from when you book until you get to the port to check in.

Thank you, I had not understood the process. Not sure I've even seen a Reserve button

yes I didn't notice a reserve button either. I'll have to go back and check it out when I have a regular computer on hand.

Hi Marie :) ! Earlier this year I did a guarantee and got what I paid for. Booked 5 days before the Emerald Princess cruise started. Hope you and Ben are doing great !!

Jay and Sophia

Hi Marie :) ! Earlier this year I did a guarantee and got what I paid for. Booked 5 days before the Emerald Princess cruise started. Hope you and Ben are doing great !!

Jay and Sophia

Hey hope you guys are doing good. We won't be doing Princess patil next May going to Alaska. Right now we are traveling in an RV...definitely different than a cruise!

Hey hope you guys are doing good. We won't be doing Princess patil next May going to Alaska. Right now we are traveling in an RV...definitely different than a cruise!

Always wanted to do a RV trip. We have a 14 day Princess cruise in November and a 14 day Circle Caribbean cruise next October coming up and picked the cabins for each of those.

Hi,

I was wondering if Regal Princess has any unusual balconies with a slightly larger space. I read that some balconies are larger (this is in the balcony cat) but the Princess site doesn't elaborate.

Thank you

Yup, some on the bump out for Seawalk and Seaview bar, some far forward and some aft have larger than standard balconies.. You can see them at the website deck plans as they have unusual shaped balconies that extend out. And You can see them here: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

We almost always let Princess pick out our cabin. We've had upgrades on every cruise except one time and that was a sold out cruise that we booked at the last minute. We've gone from insides to OV's and OV's to balconys, our best upgrade was from a guaranteed balcony to the aft balcony on the Star Princess, the normal price for that balcony was 800.00 more per person than we paid. Try it sometime and if you don't like the location, you can always ask to be put back in the guarantee pool.

I noticed that the Princess selection is often the best available for the category. However value is what it means to the passenger. There is a hierarchy in how a cabin is rated by the company but the more you cruise other factors such as sunrise, nearness to D.R. or show places. For example, I like being near the library if possible.

Blessings