Silver Package Restrictions?

CelticMutt

I recently read that there were certain venues on the Sea/Star in which the Silver Package was not accepted - most notably Torshavn. If so, the program would obviously have less appeal. Does anyone know if this is true? Also can anyone comment on current pricing for the program?

TIA , Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently read that there were certain venues on the Sea/Star in which the Silver Package was not accepted - most notably Torshavn. If so, the program would obviously have less appeal. Does anyone know if this is true? Also can anyone comment on current pricing for the program?

TIA , Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed June 19, 2016. This description of the package was in our stateroom. You can see that it is not good for drinks in Torshavn, for drinks that cost more than $9 or for bottles of wine.

ry%3D400

Edited by Peregrina651

Where does it say bottles of wine excluded?

Are regular drinks included in Torshavn?

The menu above states: "includes ... any beer; ... wine by the glass; ... any cocktail up to $9." Since it only mentions wine by the glass, bottles of wine are excluded.

Regular drinks in Torshavn are included:

"Even with a Silver Spirits drink package, this is the place to watch your tab -- many drinks exceed the $9 cocktail limit. "

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=748&pgtype=Activities

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Where does it say bottles of wine excluded?

Are regular drinks included in Torshavn?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bottles of wine are excluded and all drinks in the nightclub are also excluded

If you purchase the silver sprint package, does anyone know if you can pay the additional amount for drinks that are over $9.00. The vodka I drink is $9.50 including tip according to the bar menu.

Thank you.

We sailed June 19, 2016. This description of the package was in our stateroom. You can see that it is not good for drinks in Torshavn, for drinks that cost more than $9 or for bottles of wine.

ry%3D400

The cost of the package is about $30 per day and although it does not say, I am assuming that is per person. Unless you know that you each will be sampling the premium wines at dinner each night, having a cocktail or two each day or drinking a lot of soft drinks outside of meal-time every day, it may be cheaper just to pay as you go. Consider that you have a mini-bar in your room with cans of soda, free wine and beer with lunch and dinner, bottled water handed to you as you leave the ship, that you can byo wine with no corkage fee and how much time you will be off the during the day, then make your decision.

We're on the Viking Sea at the moment and we asked yesterday if you could just pay the difference between the $9 limit on the silver spirits package and the cost of the more expensive drink and the answer was no. You have to pay the full amount of any drink over $9.

The current promotions being offered by Viking for new bookings include the choice of the silver spirits package, gratuities, or another I can't remember. Our travel agent was able to retroactively (after we booked and paid) offer us the choice of any one of these offers. We chose the beverage package based on out previous Viking river cruises. Though we could have bottles of wine on the rivers, we figured the upgrade for wines by the glass would be preferred. We don't drink many cocktails, though an after dinner drink is nice. We are "old" and not likely to spend much time in the nightclub, so that's not much of an issue for us. We are not heavy drinkers, but have calculated that the drink package is a reasonable value. I like having the option and not being concerned about a bar tab.

We're on the Viking Sea at the moment and we asked yesterday if you could just pay the difference between the $9 limit on the silver spirits package and the cost of the more expensive drink and the answer was no. You have to pay the full amount of any drink over $9.

On the boat, I'll fight that

We're on the Viking Sea at the moment and we asked yesterday

Jemweb--I'm not a call liquor kind of guy and since you asked yesterday, would you inquire again that if I order say bourbon and 7 at the lobby bar for one price, would I be charged more for the same drink at Torshaven? And is there a logical explanation for this? Thanks, Dountless

Thank you for your help. If you get a chance could you find

out what brand of Vodka they have and prices.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Would love

to hear your overall comments. Thank you

Thank you for your help. If you get a chance could you find

out what brand of Vodka they have and prices.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Would love

to hear your overall comments. Thank you

https://intothemidnightsun.shutterfly.com/vikingsea/116#112

The bar menu (not the Torshavn menu) lists Viking, Grey Goose and Absolut.

Krisval - curious. We are in process of deciding on another cruise - asked yesterday about the promotin including drinks/gratuities/obc and was told it is not available now. Do you happen to have the 'code' needed for that promotion? Thank you

Hi all. We went into Torshavn this afternoon to ask about the silver spirits package use there. You can use the package in Torshavn for all drinks up to $9. The drinks prices are the same as everywhere else. The difference is that they have a lot of premium spirits which are not included in the package as they are above $9. We'll go in there tomorrow evening and take some photos of the drinks menu in Torshavn and upload them here. We are enjoying the cruise immensely. The Viking Sea is absolutely stunning and the service everywhere has been second to none. We're happy to seek the answers to any questions you all have, so feel free to ask.

Hi all. We went into Torshavn this afternoon to ask about the silver spirits package use there. You can use the package in Torshavn for all drinks up to $9. The drinks prices are the same as everywhere else. The difference is that they have a lot of premium spirits which are not included in the package as they are above $9. We'll go in there tomorrow evening and take some photos of the drinks menu in Torshavn and upload them here. We are enjoying the cruise immensely. The Viking Sea is absolutely stunning and the service everywhere has been second to none. We're happy to seek the answers to any questions you all have, so feel free to ask.

Thanks, enjoy

If it is not too much trouble could you find out how much

they charge for a Cosmopolitan and Vodka Tonic with Grey Goose Vodka. Also do they have any other Vodka besides the Viking, Absolute and Grey Goose.

Glad you are having a great time. How have the excursions been.

Thank you so much for your help

Sunrocket

Hi all. Here are the drinks prices for Torshavn, as promised. They include the gratuity. IMG_1470260811.416637.jpg.9f3b09f6867ddcbebb22d087e1cb64ee.jpg.

We'll find out the prices of the other drinks people have asked about tomorrow as we have two days at sea coming up.

IMG_1470260608.357022.jpg.32e15b1c458f5259200e42ad17dbeb15.jpg

IMG_1470260628.337512.jpg.3d39fb6d8c2344ef6d3f20dcddb32c6e.jpg

IMG_1470260644.654053.jpg.fb1099f1268a1a4b97cf67f56c250ba7.jpg

IMG_1470260660.222470.jpg.2929edab22d4ccf7137876319baf56c7.jpg

IMG_1470260678.975262.jpg.7f2f2192a091d5e7c570d33ac7c6290e.jpg

IMG_1470260693.275539.jpg.caa47f56cb55eec2d1b5acc1d5d61e45.jpg

IMG_1470260714.612502.jpg.5336507429a304be3a57ebc730fd5233.jpg

IMG_1470260732.210345.jpg.4e42e73a3674ba250a69936b220feb6e.jpg

IMG_1470260746.446811.jpg.4a0d49ac023b02e492c513eb79e762cc.jpg

IMG_1470260763.711244.jpg.8ba521a83af4ecdbb6a4b099424a1593.jpg

IMG_1470260778.182462.jpg.ca25c29dda1966498787cca8e5dc0c74.jpg

IMG_1470260798.711313.jpg.e86fd4680cf6e577d7ff6ff9b2f374ec.jpg